test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There's too much CC in PvP + Dodging is unfair

thegreatgyanthegreatgyan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Class, like the CW has way too much CC for PvP. They have such a CC combo, you can never reach them if you were a melee class, especially an OP. There is CC immunity on certain powers and artifacts, but even then a CW can still flash away.

All of the classes that can dodge and gain lots of stamina quick is just so unfair to even land a hit on them. CW, DC, TR, SW, and HR. There needs to be a system to be able to have an even match against dodging classes.

Comments

• There really isn't much trouble for these. While their play styles can be rough to keep up with. PvP is all about Team Comp. Everything in PvP is rock paper scissors. And your build also is rock paper scissors. You use OP as your class and think you can't catch these types, but you have probably the easiest time. You can use Relentless assault and Radiant strike, gab closing over and over on them. Mix this with a fair amount of control resist and you can tear up most classes. Ranged control Classes can still be a bit of a pain, but while you are getting up in their face, your ranged DPS can gun them down in return. This is Team Comp. learn to work with other players and you will do much better
  • By rock paper scissors. I mean, as a rock you beat the scissor, scissor cuts the paper, paper covers the rock. Something out there, no matter how you build, will wreck you.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    You didn't mention what class you are playing in PvP. Each class has a counter-class. Find out how that class plays, adjust your own play style, rotation, enchants, artifacts, etc.

If you're a casual PvP'er, you should be aware that there are a LOT of players that have spent hundreds of hours on their characters just to PvP. Equalized PvP is not in this game and probably never will be. Adjust.
    I aim to misbehave
  • thegreatgyanthegreatgyan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    silence1x said:

You didn't mention what class you are playing in PvP. Each class has a counter-class. Find out how that class plays, adjust your own play style, rotation, enchants, artifacts, etc.

If you're a casual PvP'er, you should be aware that there are a LOT of players that have spent hundreds of hours on their characters just to PvP. Equalized PvP is not in this game and probably never will be. Adjust.

I play OP in PvP.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I read this as basically every class (except a couple you did not list - I assume your class of choice) are annoying in PvP.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Have you ever fought a gf with amazing mobility in pvp? As a tr with amazing speed I can't do any combos on him, because by the time my at will hits he has moved 25 meters away even with his shield up.

If you have problems hitting people in pvp, I suggest increasing your mobility as well.
    Use attacks that are quick or that have some range to them.

Now I run faster than legendary mounts, but still my slow attacking at wills can't hit players that move quickly. So, nothing to do but change attack powers. At least I can catch up to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Class, like the CW has way too much CC for PvP. They have such a CC combo, you can never reach them if you were a melee class, especially an OP. There is CC immunity on certain powers and artifacts, but even then a CW can still flash away.

All of the classes that can dodge and gain lots of stamina quick is just so unfair to even land a hit on them. CW, DC, TR, SW, and HR. There needs to be a system to be able to have an even match against dodging classes.

Sir your problem is a learn to play issue and a know your roll issue or just do us a favour and roll another class if you cant beat'em join 'em
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @thegreatgyan In fairness to the devs and to say something positive about their development of NW PvP (a Sisyphean task) a fair number of genuine PvP QoL improvements were attempted by adjusting CC.

The root cause of NW PvP's failure has been REactive MIcro changes rather the PROactive MAcro changes.

First, an example of PROactive MAcro change.
    Tenacity. CC complaints the spring of 2014 were a major Dev motivator to the introduction of tenacity. Tenacity wasn't perfect. But it was systemic (macro) and proactive. As a result, PvP QoL improved for everyone and PvP saw a resurgence in population.

Reactive "Micro" changes like CC balance nerfs never improve the game. They just shift the rage from one class to another.
    CW Entangling Force is OP? Adjusted. Rage shift.
    GWF Unstoppable is OP? Adjusted. Rage shift.
    HR Crushing Roots is OP? Adjusted. Rage shift.
    GFs AoD is OP? Adjusted. Rage shift.
    TR's ITC is OP? Adjusted. Rage shift.
    I could list a dozen more micro-fixes to PvP CC since I started in Mod 2. Let's be fair and give credit where it is due: the devs honestly were listening to these CC complaints and responded.
    But urging more "micro changes" and class-specific nerfs are not the solution. Nothing short of a macro "reset" of the whole PvP system will cure it.

Expect to see that PVP reset sometime after release of the third Domination map. /s
    http://m.imgur.com/a/nluBl
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Ι Αgree is annoying to get perma burning light:) AND 360 degree cc immunity when shift.
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Disagree completely. These mechanics are a big part that add "skill" into PVP.
  • killzone#4968 killzone Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    all i can think when i see this is the old school wars lol where entire armies stood facing each other on the battlefield taking potshots at each other until 1 side was left standing lol i can imagine them shouting across the battlefield DONT YOU MOVE DONT YOU DARE RUN AWAY AND HIDE! I CAN SEE YOU MOVING, STOP NOW!
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Without CC and knockback, CWs would get wrecked easily.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    I remember the days a cw could apply freeze after 6 chills permanent. NOW correctly for balance purposes target has 6 seconds immunity to freeze after his last frozen state. ALL good but.............
    MOD6-MOD10.5 trapper does exactly the same thing with roots-dazes.
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    morenthar said:

PvP in this game is very far from rock paper scissors.

There are a few situaional, somewhat cheap shot exceptions, but it's mostly rock wind rock wind. If you get my drift.

I think there are always 1-2 classes that are clearly superior. Everyone copies each other's builds. The top PVP guilds will always have a few exceptions who play the less popular classes and make it work somewhat.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Why don't you complain about SW and GWF being able to sprint at the speed of light?

A CW can be dodging 24/7 and still dies from DoTs and undodgeable attacks. And OP has a shift mechanics that gives CC immunity, maybe you should use that?