test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5th Companion for GWF?

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
My GWF currently has:
  1. Fire Archon (40, summoned) with 3 rank 12 Bondings, Loyal Avenger Gear, and rank 12 Azures/Darks. My bread and butter Companion.
  2. Air Archon (35)
  3. Siege Master (30)
  4. Young Yeti (30)
I've been filling the 5th slot with various options -- basically just the stuff that I had on hand, but not specifically chosen for my GWF.

Suggestions for my 5th Companion?
  • Earth Archon? (for +% when I'm at full health)
  • Blink Dog/Intellect Devourer? (for Combat Advantage)
  • Erinyes of Belial? (for +Crit Severity)
  • War Boar? (for +dmg against marked)
  • Something else?
I could really use some advice here...

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Erinyes or War Boar. At least, those are two I would pick.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Young Yeti's active bonus does not appearing to be working even if the companion goes all BRK. If your Crit chance is high enough I'd go for Erinyes.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    ^^^^
    Like lirithiel said, Yeti is bugged (I believe Sharpedge mentioned it somewhere, methought in his fixed weapon damage thread) and does not yield the damage bonus stated.

Anyways, swap out the Young Yeti for the Erinyes.

As for your last pet...

Consider the War Boar if you mark your targets alot.

If you feel confident in not getting hit, try the Earth Archon.

If you have a lot of dosh and can find one, then you could also try a Cambion Magus.

• triflentriflen Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I use eirnys for the crit severity. I also use the priestess of sehanine moonbow. I actually use the priestess as my active companion because the buff actually can affect everyone in party if in range and also stacks with other priestess. The effect of moonbeam will increase crit chance by 20 percent and increase resistence to critical hits received by 40 percent at lvl 40. When you throw in my life steal I can actually survive pretty well even in places like cn. I do also like galeb duhr because it will increase your damage by up to 10 percent based on your missing hps. Ohh a really really really good one if you can get it.. death slaad.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I choose you Pikachu!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I have fire, earth and air archons. Siege master and erinyes.
    I also have 13k lifesteal so im not dipping under 100% health for more than a split second.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Well can consider dancing blade/blink dog too for 5th aside from choices above