test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to spend 2000 zen

Hi all, have 2 questions; does anyone know if there is a zen sale happening in the next few days? I have about £18 xbox credit left from the sale and was gona buy some zen?
Also I'm undecided what to spend it on, with out a sale it looks like I can afford 2000 zen and I'm thinking 2 months VIP to get the xp bonus and keys but I also really would like a mount (I'm curently a lvl 36 CW with a green quality winter wolf).
I have bought 1 months VIP before but I don't know what would be the best deal...any advice?

Comments

• constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    get vip, the xp boosts, later on get more bags n bank slots
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Mount and bags would be my vote, VIP is ok for the free lockbox keys but reality is you are unlikely to obtain anything super valuable with 365 keys, the dungeon keys are good to have, especially since the game is going to take the key on view soon.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Saving a bit more and buying a purple rated mount is a good choice, you get 3 insignia slots, 2k bonus stats, and mount insignia bonus power plus it's usable by all of your characters.

See here for the list of what's available.

You can buy extra zen with AD to make up the difference.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Mount and bags would be my vote, VIP is ok for the free lockbox keys but reality is you are unlikely to obtain anything super valuable with 365 keys, the dungeon keys are good to have, especially since the game is going to take the key on view soon.

LMAO who said that? RNG is and will alwyas be RNG...

I got a Legendary Mount Pack from VIP 12 daily key, just opened 1 box and used only that 1 key aswell as plenty epic mounts.

As for the OP I'd go for VIP or get the 20x parcels sale now where you get VIP 14 days inclusive.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Well that's you and congratulations on all them admins you pull with your daily, I've had VIP since day one that they released it and basically can't get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Good for those who do.

Anyways VIP is worth way more then the free daily key. I'd suggest get VIP and go from there.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Bear in mind with VIP that you shouldn't expect to get anything good from the free key but if you sell everything you get (rather than opening/keeping) you should earn enough to renew it when it expires and come away with a bit of profit.

Personally I look at it from the perspective than the more expensive something is, the harder it is to save, so the longer you put off saving for it. As a mount is 3.5k zen and ViP is 1k you can either save up another 1.5k zen for a mount now or the full 3.5k later, which for me would be much more painful, but it depends on how much you play and how good you are at controlling your spending.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Get the 1 Month VIP. Even if, like me, you're constantly getting two R7 enchants or the R8 Runes, they still can be refined into your artifacts/other enchants for Item Level progression.

The other 1000, I wouldn't spend on parcels. You're more likely to get 8 blue Unidentifieds, and two lots of r6 enchants than anything actually worthwhile.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    VIP.
    Contrary to popular belief, its not just one lockbox key per day, (and even if you don't get top end shiny shiny stuff you will almost certainly make enough AD from selling the other stuff to pay for next months VIP. Plus the trade bars soon stack up and R7 enchantments cost peanuts.)
    Summon sign post,summon mail box, bonus xp, bonus gold, bonus on all salvage, Invoke anywhere, immunity to all injuries, and other goodies await you down the line... including bonus hit points.
    I bought it on spec at rank 1 and now I wouldn't be without it.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    But, if you really want a thing rather than a service I agree that the best thing would likely be an epic mount. Save the 2k and build enough so that when you drop a 15% voucher from invoking you can get what you want.
    The stat bonus is big (usually +2000 on a standard rating like power, ap, etc) and if you cross reference the bonus against desirable insignia bonus you'll be able to narrow your choice down.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    in the last 8 months I have gotten a legendary mount and a legendary adorable companion pack from the daily key (and 6 of those months I wasn't playing) on xbox

my luck has been entirely different on ps4 but Personally I can vouch for the daily keys being worth it sometimes.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I'll support that as well @thefiresidecat , i pulled a legendary mount pack. All results certainly vary but hell it was definetly worth the chance.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS