test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alchemy bug, Quest bug, and one suggestion

Hi there
I have two bugs that I would like to report:

1. Alchemy is impossible to level up passed level 20 as there is no task that awards experience like there is with the previous and future levels. The following screenshots are from both my playstation 4 and another players at http://imgur.com/a/RDEMG

2. Upon creating a new character when the masquerade event was almost over I picked up a "Liar's Charm", this then gave me the quest "Join the Masquerade", but I cannot complete this quest as the masquerade master is no longer present in the game. I also cannot abandon this quest.

One last suggestion that could solve one major thing in the console edition of neverwinter would be to allow the ability to change certain graphical settings in the "options" menu. This would improve performance in areas where 10+ players are at once and could be the solution to the lag console players have that PC players do not. This would allow when players enter an area that they are experiencing framerate issues, they can turn their graphics settings down.

Comments

• Options
    xz8xxz8x Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    IIRC you get experience-giving recipe by doing experimentation recipe.

I too have the masquerade glitch on one of my characters and it's a pain.
  • Options
    thelastsmoky#9784 thelastsmoky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    xz8x said:

IIRC you get experience-giving recipe by doing experimentation recipe.

I too have the masquerade glitch on one of my characters and it's a pain.

My friend got to level 20 with alchemy and there was no task to gain experience next, so earning knowledge would be useless.

He's level 20 in alchemy and I'm level 7. Don't you think we both know quite clearly how to advance in levels.

Check for yourself on the PS4 version. There are experience tasks for all the other levels except level 20.
  • Options
    thelastsmoky#9784 thelastsmoky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Anything?
  • Options
    drewdaahole#7934 drewdaahole Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Do experiment at 20 it will show up just did it on 3rd char you have to get the scroll keep tryin
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Do experiment at 20 it will show up just did it on 3rd char you have to get the scroll keep tryin

This. Whereas the level up task usually shows with the requirement, @ level 20 you need to get the recipes first before it shows up. I'm not certain, but I think this has to do with the fact that professions used to cap at 20 and when they raised the cap to 25 not everything got updated perfectly.

If you keep experimenting you should eventually get what you need and will be able to advance.

That said, if for whatever reason you are able to do a level up task that's for a different level than you are currently pursuing, DO NOT DO IT. This is a known issue that plagued PC for a long time and you can permanently break your professions (plenty of bug threads if you look)
  • Options
    duce2duce#5231 duce2duce Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    So far
    dupeks said:

This. Whereas the level up task usually shows with the requirement, @ level 20 you need to get the recipes first before it shows up. I'm not certain, but I think this has to do with the fact that professions used to cap at 20 and when they raised the cap to 25 not everything got updated perfectly.

If you keep experimenting you should eventually get what you need and will be able to advance.

That said, if for whatever reason you are able to do a level up task that's for a different level than you are currently pursuing, DO NOT DO IT. This is a known issue that plagued PC for a long time and you can permanently break your professions (plenty of bug threads if you look)
    I have leveled multiple characters Alchemy professions while leveling other professions and did not have any problems in the PS4 version.
    I think the best advice to follow is to keep doing the experiments, at the higher levels experiments are a pain as they require more supplies.
  • Options
    jarron1990jarron1990 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i see that yall fixed the rank 7 alchemical knowledge that was appearing after finishing rank 8, but still havent fixed the experimentation to get alchemical knowledge scroll after 60, tries i still didnt obtain, please make that a priority, because alchemy is the one of the important professions in the game, in order to obtain elemental transfusions, and etc; :|
  • Options
    fullfx#6453 fullfx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I also have no research tab for level 20. I have successfully obtainted 2 research papers and still no tab. This is game breaking as alchemy is required to level blacksmithing and desperately needed for the new campaign as well.
  • Options
    fullfx#6453 fullfx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I would like to update my last post about the alchemy bug. Although the research tab is missing, upon completion of my third successful experiment, it popped up. Unlike previous experiments, this one requires three successful attempts (three different potions to be made).