test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat Death Animation Delay - Robbed of Victories

Almost 50% of the attempts fail because of people abandoning the instance or campfire sitting when things are not going smoothly. Nearly half of the remainder also end up in failure because the timer on Tiamat's heads apparently does not register a kill until the entire death animation completes. When this happens on the last head, all of the heads resurrect and regain a significant chunk of health back.

I have seen the second failure scenario many times lately, once and sometimes even twice on the same attempt. You take the health of the head down to nothing and after a few seconds the death animation starts. It seems to take upwards of 10 seconds for the animation sequence to complete and register the kill. All told, it may be that we lose 15-20 seconds of the time given for each round.

When it happens on the second round it is annoying, because you have to go through protecting the clerics again and hope that enough people stick around to finish things up on the next go. If it happens on the third round, you are pretty much screwed. There is not enough time for another shot.

Like the bosses in other dungeons/encounters, I believe Tiamat should register the kill immediately after the last head goes to zero health. Losing 10-20% of your limited time to an animation is ridiculous. It adds insult to the initial injury of failed attempts due to quitters, especially during the very long grind for the final ToD boons.

Please look into this and consider fixing the behavior. Thanks...

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    You have to beat the last head with at least 5 seconds left. I dont particularly see this as a major issue but it can be annoying.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah it's always been like that. It is annoying though.

The only way to not get the campers is with a good premade, preferably with your guild.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The same as killing a dragon. It's been this way for years.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

It's been this way for years.

Doesn't make it right. A kill should count on health bar depletion not death animation sequence.
  • davidlef#2582 davidlef Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I never really noticed the delay on other dragons, but it is rare to cut it that close outside of Tiamat. The time investment on single dragons is much less as well, so it is not so painful. FWIW, I hit this again a few times this weekend. The five second threshold is further aggravated by lag. Add to that delays in the various phases starting/ending, there is a rather high failure rate. If your group doesn't burn through at least three of the heads on your first run, it is not happening. Even then, enough people having issues or quitting and your group will still fail. I agree that premade is the way to go, but unfortunately at odd hours getting a decent group of 25 together is not that easy. So is life. Thanks for the opinions and sympathy, folks.