test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

am i supposed to loose this much hit points.

vikkbvikkb Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
i reached level 66 i went to the fiery pit to do some quest to level up faster, but i loose tons of health everytime an enemy hits me, basic attack or encounter attack doesnt matter i always loose alot of health, i tried to also do the bruenor questline and i also loose so much health, right not im stuck in the second chapter ( general fury ) and i couldnt find a way to leave the mission area, im stuck there and i cant even defeat him, i've defeated him with my ALT which is a guardian fighter with no problems and i dont loose too much hit points.

my class is warlock, leave a reply if you need any of my stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y65JSw0vx8
Post edited by vikkb on

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Also immunity frames are your friend. It's the red eyes you see.
  • vikkbvikkb Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Rule no1: Stay out of the red zones. The game repeats this about 10k times, but people still ignore it.
    Rule no2: If you have the ability to increase a skill, I suggest you do so. There are very few -if any- reasons not to.

Having fixed that, yes your stats would be useful. If I didn't know better I'd say your gear is about 10 level behind.

Quest hint: Let Minsc go in first. let him get a few swings in before attacking him.

i do stay out of red zones, but this video is meant to show how much damage they deal, even their basic attacks do alot of damage.

btw i forgot to mention that i havent progressed normally, i was faster than normal player would progress because of the event, there are many questlines that i skipped to play the maze for leveling up, i dont know if that does make a difference.

some of my stats:

i know the enchantment slots are not filled with enchantments, but the video was recorded with the enchantment slots filled.

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2s78c91.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/eq82yw.jpg[/IMG]

• sloppyoctopus#5563 sloppyoctopus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    warlocks can be squishy when leveling. so much so that i gave up on mine at about level 62 and made a gwf. stay out of red zones and maybe slot a tank companion for mean time. just keep leveling and slot azures for defense. you'll level out in the end. the amount of damage you are taking looks correct to me.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    For level 66, 33K HP seems low. A level 70 SW should be 80K to 100K HP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Yeah, something seems wrong with your HP but the gear you're using isn't that low level.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Yeah, something seems wrong with your HP but the gear you're using isn't that low level.

hmm how do i increase my HP, enchantments wont be enough.

warlocks can be squishy when leveling. so much so that i gave up on mine at about level 62 and made a gwf. stay out of red zones and maybe slot a tank companion for mean time. just keep leveling and slot azures for defense. you'll level out in the end. the amount of damage you are taking looks correct to me.

i'll try azures and a tanky companion.

its bcuz level 70 have access to high level gear, that's why i want to level up as fast as possible.
    edited December 2016
    vikkb said:

its bcuz level 70 have access to high level gear, that's why i want to level up as fast as possible.
    There are gear before reaching 70 that has HP. You should have around 60K HP.

Your gear is from Crushing wave and you are in Fire pit. That means you skipped reclamation rock and did not get new gear from there. You cannot skip reclamation rock. Otherwise, you won't get EE boons.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

vikkb said:

There are gear before reaching 70 that has HP. You should have around 60K HP.

Your gear is from Crushing wave and you are in Fire pit. That means you skipped reclamation rock and did not get new gear from there. You cannot skip reclamation rock. Otherwise, you won't get EE boons.
    it's fine, its going well now in the fire pit, im going to complete everything to get the gear fiery pit gives and xp.
    You can skip around and still get the boons. Completing a zone and its tasks unlocks the next boon regardless of what the element that the boon represents. I've had a lot of chars do Spinward before completing the previous zones and it doesn't hurt anything.
    vikkb, if you find yourself needing gear uogrades, look into getting green stuff on the auction house. It usually sells for next to nothing and beats trying to find everything you need from random drops.
    edited December 2016
    pitshade said:

You can skip around and still get the boons. Completing a zone and its tasks unlocks the next boon regardless of what the element that the boon represents. I've had a lot of chars do Spinward before completing the previous zones and it doesn't hurt anything.

If you skip it and come back to finish them, yes. I did that. If you skip it and do not come back at all, no. I also did Spinward first for a toon and had to go back.

Doing Spinward first makes sense if your toon is already 70 since you can pick up the main hand and use it.
    Then, go back to other EE zone to pick up junk from the ground as RP because you will pick up level 70 junk.
    Note that: the junk in Spinward is not level 70 (at least 90% of them are not). I don't know if that is a bug or
    by design.

Not sure about the advantage of doing Fiery Pit first for a toon which is not 70.
  • ice#6042 ice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can I just say, a Warlock is not a tank, so imo higher deflect is better than high defence, also, most ranged fighters benefit from high crit, everyone I've spoken to has agreed that a warlock should have high crit, arm pen & life steal similar to a wizard.
    My Spellbinder was very squishy up until around level 50, after that she really started getting much stronger very quickly.
    "Note that: the junk in Spinward is not level 70 (at least 90% of them are not). I don't know if that is a bug or
    by design."

My guess is that if you get leveled down for zone (as in the first 3 EE zones) the loot will drop for your actual level. If scaling is not involved, the loot drops normally.
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Another suggestion: Boons are far more important fr the squishy types than the heavy armor types. The armor types will hit less hard without the boons, but they get to hang in there long enough to whittle the mobs down eventually. The squishes, not so much.

Do the dragon quests from the harpers (PE) and get the 3 first boons, they help a lot, get the boon from water and earth EE.

I found that NONE of my squishies could do mazemachine @ lvl. I had to come back at it at L70. Even my squishes that had Shan/Dread ck ending through boons had a PITA time until back ending with L70 skill/gear.

Another thing I recommend to players is if they have a toon that has done shar/dread (or can get access to shar when they can even if overmatched) the blue vendor gear there really helps, its fitable @ L61 and lvls with player Gear L115 @ L70 toon (so you will be with it until you get L70 purples)

Make a friend as soon as you can access sharandar and have them cover through the quests/dailies, that armor will go long way to lvling you.