test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Common Cause quest in Ebon Downs

Hi,

Not sure if this has already been reported. I tried searching in the forums, but I can't search just for the PS4 and to be honest, the search capability here is rather cumbersome.

Anyway, the above referenced quest is giving me fits. I have one item left - Barrow Guardians - and the quest path is leading me to Acolyte Heiron, but the only options are (1) Remnants of the Past (greyed out); (2) Vartilingorix (greyed out); and "Goodbye". So I'm not sure what it is that I'm supposed to do to complete this.

Is this a bug, or if not, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to complete the quest?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    If you go back to Harper Boward in PE, one of her friends standing closeby should have a "Barrow Demolition" quest for you.

Each day the Harper quests feature a lair "Ghost Stories" is the first one. As you unlock the campaign you get other lairs that are given out by Harper's friends in PE. The "Common Cause" quest always requires completion of the lair, and in order to get in you need to grab the appropriate lair quest from the appropriate friend.

In the past, the blue ! didn't show up consistently for these lair quests, so you had to just ask all the friends to be sure. I think it's been fixed with a recent update, but who knows...

Once you have Barrow Demolition you should be enter the barrow at the far side of where the dragon spawns and complete the quest. If you have Common Cause from yesterday you might want to drop it and re-grab instead.

It's also possible to enter Barrow Demolition if you join a party with someone else who gets the quest. It will give you the Common Cause credit but not the BD quest reward.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Oops. Barrow guardians might be going around and raising ghosts. There should be little obelisks around the area that you can summon ghosts from.

Maybe i wasted my explanation above haha.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    mike#3500 said:

Hi,

Not sure if this has already been reported. I tried searching in the forums, but I can't search just for the PS4 and to be honest, the search capability here is rather cumbersome.

Anyway, the above referenced quest is giving me fits. I have one item left - Barrow Guardians - and the quest path is leading me to Acolyte Heiron, but the only options are (1) Remnants of the Past (greyed out); (2) Vartilingorix (greyed out); and "Goodbye". So I'm not sure what it is that I'm supposed to do to complete this.

Is this a bug, or if not, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to complete the quest?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike

If you take the quest one day in PE and wait for another day to do it and go to the zone, the quest may be unavailable. It is very important to talk to the questgiver in PE and the one in each area on the same day, then you can wait if needed. The questgiver only one of two quests each day so you have a 50/50 shot at missing.
  • Options
    mike#3500 mike Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I did the Barrow Demolition part with no issue. I also checked the obelisks in the dragon area (I thought the same thing), but they weren't active.

I did end up abandoning the quest and getting it again at the suggestion of my girlfriend, so we'll see what happens.

Appreciate the help!!
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I think I had to abandon it and pick it back up on one of my characters to get it to finally work. Hopefully that will solve it for you
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    mike#3500 mike Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    This is still a bug. I just did the quest again - SAME DAY - only this time it is in Neverdeath. I just spoke to Harper Windle and got the Charthraxis and Dead Men Do Tell Tales quests. Instead of the quest path leading toward the next step, it still points back to Harper Windle. It's the same type of the thing that happened - and STILL happens - in Ebon Downs.