test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clonkyo1's miniguide to enchantments

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
This mini guide is basically a guide to let lazy newbies known how much STONES, enchants and marks they will need to upgrade their enchats from rank 1 to rank 10. Also, i write this guide because on wiki, the info is a bit confusing if you don't understand what are you reading, so, here i go:

First at all, signatures:

Minor Thaumaturgic stone = MTS
Lesser Thaumaturgic Stone = LTS

Minor Mark of Potency = MMoP
Lesser Mark of Potency = LMoP
Mark of Potency = NMoP
Greather Mark of Potency = GMoP

Ranks 1 or 2 = R1 or 2
Ranks 3 or 4 = R3 or 4
Ranks 5 or 6 = R5 or 6
Ranks 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 = R7 or 8 or 9 or 10

Fron scratch, this is, from 1 (x8) R1, a player will need the next items to upgrade it from R1 to R7:
- 3 MMoP (x8)
- 3 LMoP (x8)
- 3 NMoP (x8)
- 7 LTS (x8)

The result, after refining the stone 6 times will be a R7 (x8)

From 2 R7s to 1 R8, a player will need next items:

- 14 LTS (x4)
- 2 R7s (x4)
- 1 GMoP (x4)

Put the 14 LTS into one of your - 2 R7s and refine. The result is a R8. (x4)

From 2 R8s to 1 R9, a player will need next items:

- 42 LTS (x2)
- 2 R8s (x2)
- 2 GMoP (x2)

Put the 42 LTSinto any of your 2 R8s and refine. The result is a R9 (x2)

From 2 R9 to 1 R10, a player will need next items:

- 124 LTS (x1)
- 2 R9s (x1)
- 2 GMoP (x1)

Put your 124 LTS into any of your 2 R9s and refine it. The result will be is a R10

With this mini guide, a newbie should have an easier time managing their enchants and their RPs into enchantments to upgrade them propperly.

NOTES: Numbers between parenthesis are the amount of ENCHANTMENTS do you need to upgrade to and should get after refinements/upgrades to keep upgrading your enchantments up to rank 10.

The Numbers prior to the "LTX" name are the number of STONES (not STACKS) that a player should need to upgrade one enchant up to its next level.
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."

Comments

• Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Thanks for writing this out, this is easier to read than some other guides.

What this guide is also confirming for me is that once a character hits L60, it's likely better to just buy enchantments above L5 on the AH. And at L70 I don't see how it makes sense to refine any enchantment ever again.

I mean, I haven't looked online or compared AD prices lately, but there's got to be a tipping point of time spent. I'm betting the time needed to grind out X amount of AD to buy an R7 or an R9 is much less than the time needed to get the stones and enchantments, wait until 2x events, buy pres wards, and then refine. Plus, of course, buying from the AH is a 100% success rate, no pres or coal wards needed. :)

Which reminds me - this is a great summary of the stones needed, but once you're starting to upgrade anything to an R7 or higher, there's an additional cost of a small stack of pres wards. When refining chances hit like 40% and lower - or especially when the components involve expensive things like another enchantment, or a GMOP - you have to factor in the cost of grabbing 10, 20, 25 etc. pres wards at each refining stage from that point on.

---

Of course now that I've said all this, I wonder if it truly is just as much of a grind to get the about 800k - 1m AD for say a rank 10 enchantment, than it would be to get the stones to do this:

Start from 8 R7 stones (assume you spend 40k AD times 8 so 320k ad to get 8 R7s)
    rank 7 to 8 - 14 LTS (x4), 1 GMoP (x4)
    rank 8 to 9 - 42 LTS (x2), 2 GMoP (x2)
    rank 9 to 10 - 124 LTS (x1), 2 GMoP (x1)

Added together, that's 320k ad, 264 LTS, 10 GMoP, plus say at least 100 pres wards to get through all 3 stages confidently).

---

And a last thought: I wonder how this changes during a 2x event. I don't know if if evenly, neatly, just halves all these values.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Thanks for writing this out, this is easier to read than some other guides.

What this guide is also confirming for me is that once a character hits L60, it's likely better to just buy enchantments above L5 on the AH. And at L70 I don't see how it makes sense to refine any enchantment ever again.

I mean, I haven't looked online or compared AD prices lately, but there's got to be a tipping point of time spent. I'm betting the time needed to grind out X amount of AD to buy an R7 or an R9 is much less than the time needed to get the stones and enchantments, wait until 2x events, buy pres wards, and then refine. Plus, of course, buying from the AH is a 100% success rate, no pres or coal wards needed. :)

Which reminds me - this is a great summary of the stones needed, but once you're starting to upgrade anything to an R7 or higher, there's an additional cost of a small stack of pres wards. When refining chances hit like 40% and lower - or especially when the components involve expensive things like another enchantment, or a GMOP - you have to factor in the cost of grabbing 10, 20, 25 etc. pres wards at each refining stage from that point on.

---

Of course now that I've said all this, I wonder if it truly is just as much of a grind to get the about 800k - 1m AD for say a rank 10 enchantment, than it would be to get the stones to do this:

Start from 8 R7 stones (assume you spend 40k AD times 8 so 320k ad to get 8 R7s)
    rank 7 to 8 - 14 LTS (x4), 1 GMoP (x4)
    rank 8 to 9 - 42 LTS (x2), 2 GMoP (x2)
    rank 9 to 10 - 124 LTS (x1), 2 GMoP (x1)

Added together, that's 320k ad, 264 LTS, 10 GMoP, plus say at least 100 pres wards to get through all 3 stages confidently).

---

And a last thought: I wonder how this changes during a 2x event. I don't know if if evenly, neatly, just halves all these values.

On PC you'd start at r7 for multi stat enchants and they'd be around 30k. For single stat enchants you'd start at r8 at around 30-40k.

For Single stat enchants the RP to get to r12 would be something like 127 r7s (assuming that you're doing it on a 2x event instead of being stupid) . That'd put you at around 508k for RP, 160k for the R8s, 450k for the smops, 112.5k for the gmops. So basically for it to be cheaper to make an r12 you need spend less than 800k on wards. On the other hand if you're making your RP, buy your smops/gmops during the a bazaar sale, and get your r8s from CN you can cut out about 200k( this assumes you'd make around 10% less selling it and have VIP 12, although frankly if you're making r12s and don't have rank 12 VIP something is wrong). That means you'd have to use around 1 m AD worth of wards to not be cheaper than buying it. So if you buy your wards during a 40% sale that means you would have to use around 333 wards to not break even.

Multi-stat enchants you'd start with r7s at around 240k for the r7s, 766k for the RP (in thaum stones), 187.5k for gmops, 450k for smops. So you come out to around 1.64m. The thing is a brutal r12 is going for something stupid like 3m right now so it's basically impossible for it to be worth buying.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

This mini guide is basically a guide to let lazy newbies

A useful guide but why did you feel the need to include an insult in the opening phrase ? Why not just say 'a guide to help newbies' ? Anyone taking the time to come and do some research on these forums is hardly lazy.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Because the idiots guide to photoshop and dos for dummies sold well....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!