test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double Underdark campaign currency event doesn't award double twisted ichor

blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
It looks like the only currency that is doubled is the initial amount that appears when you complete the skirmish. Any currency you receive from a chest isn't doubled. Here's what the promotion says:
Anytime you would get Seals or Underdark Currency, you will get twice the amount.

Underdark Currency can be obtained from Demonic Heroic Encounters, Throne of the Dwarven Gods, Prophecy of Madness, and Demogorgon.
If you aren't going to award double currency for chests, you should specify that rather than explicitly state "anytime".

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Twisted Ichor is not a campaign currency. Campaign currency is Demonic Ichor and the Faerenzess (sp), which are recieved from those instances.

I don't recall if those instances have chests that drop that stuff or not - if it drops from there and isnt doubled, thats an issue for sure.
  • Options

Twisted Ichor is not a campaign currency. Campaign currency is Demonic Ichor and the Faerenzess (sp), which are recieved from those instances.

I don't recall if those instances have chests that drop that stuff or not - if it drops from there and isnt doubled, thats an issue for sure.

How is it not a campaign currency? It's used for buying Underdark campaign items at a store. By any meaningful definition, that's a campaign currency. It's even listed as a currency in your inventory.
  • Options
    fjdkslsfjdksls Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Well, according to http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Underdark_Campaign#Currencies, it is a campaign currency, but I don't know how authoritative that page really is..
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    if u go to ur underdark campaign boons u will see that only faerenzess and demonic ichor are the campaign currencieused to unlock boons and twisted ichor is a shop currencie to buy items
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    As it relates to the weekend event, "Campaign Currency" only relates to that currency that goes toward making campaign progress for boons. While there is other currency associated with the campaign, it doesnt count.

2X Twisted Ichor would be fun though ;) 10 runs for a artifact set...yes sir.

Cryptic CMs are not known for their precise announcements ;)
  • Options

As it relates to the weekend event, "Campaign Currency" only relates to that currency that goes toward making campaign progress for boons. While there is other currency associated with the campaign, it doesnt count.

2X Twisted Ichor would be fun though ;) 10 runs for a artifact set...yes sir.

Cryptic CMs are not known for their precise announcements ;)

The only currency that goes towards campaign progress is faezress. Ichor -- both regular and twisted -- is used to purchase equipment, yet only the regular ichor is being doubled. There is no good explanation for why one would be doubled and the other not. Either they are being stingy or they sloppily coded the 2X modifier so that it doesn't apply to chests. I wouldn't be surprised at either explanation, to be honest.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,239 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The name of the event is "2x Underdark Campaign currency".
    In your currency tab, under the "campaign currencies" section, you can see Demonic Ichor and Faerzress.
    Twisted Ichor is under "other currencies" section.

These are all underdark currencies.
    However, only Demonic Ichor and Faerzress are considered to be "underdark campaign currencies".

If you move your mouse cursor to Demonic Ichor and Faerzress in the currency section, you can see the description within the box saying they are campaign currency.
    If you move your mouse cursor to Twisted Ichor, you can see it is "Treasure".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    With new artis, I don't know why they should be so stingy with twisted ichor. I set my legendary twisted set aside for the new green set.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I'm assuming that the "Alliance Supplies" that you get from Bruenors (infinite)quests in Manthol Derith doesn't qualify as Underdark currency?
    They're listed under currency, but I can't see any affiliation on them, on Xbox btw...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Alliance Supplies are from Maze Engine, not Underdark.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother