test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best settings based on my PC stats? [updated with screenshot]

bunniegrrlbunniegrrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2016 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hey, guys. I'm a new player, playing via laptop, and I've tweaked my in game settings to death, it seems.. but to no avail. My graphics are still blurry/fuzzy and I would think that my system can do much better than this without keeling over. Any thoughts on what to change in order to make things show up better? My specs are listed here:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Here's a link to a screenshot, if that helps - click.

If you need info on anything else that will help, let me know.. and thanks!
Post edited by bunniegrrl on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Blurry/Fuzzy sounds like it could be bloom.

Some people have different preferences when it comes to bloom so try turning it off.

Here is an example of how Bloom can blur an image:

• bunniegrrlbunniegrrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Nah, it isn't blurry like that.. it's more of a.. squared-off pixels, no detail in anything sort of blurry. I tried fiddling with the 'Graphics Detail' slider but it did no good that I could see, even at the highest level, besides bringing my frame rate way down.

This might be a better shot.. here. (Click the 'download original image' button at the top and zoom in on the photo to see the blocky/pixelated effect I'm referring to.)
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Maybe try change resolution scale to 1 at display tab.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Nah, it isn't blurry like that.. it's more of a.. squared-off pixels, no detail in anything sort of blurry. I tried fiddling with the 'Graphics Detail' slider but it did no good that I could see, even at the highest level, besides bringing my frame rate way down.

This might be a better shot.. here. (Click the 'download original image' button at the top and zoom in on the photo to see the blocky/pixelated effect I'm referring to.)

What resolution you are playing? That image is 680 x 384 ! (yes, downloaded the original) You can't go more pixelated than this especially if you zoom in.
    Check in-game display settings (not graphic) and set the resolution to the same as your screen.
    Newer or higher ppi models usually have 1920x1080. 1366x768 is also popular for laptops.

Also try maximized window mode instead of full screen, it should use the desktop resolution automatically.
  • bunniegrrlbunniegrrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    micky, you're right - my laptop is that resolution, and my game is set at fullscreen with that resolution.. but kangkeock... when I changed that value.. Oh. My. Gosh. It made a world of difference! Thank you guys! :)