test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is my damage!?

krenj#2826 krenj Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Guys, I'm a 2798 HB Fury. I'm kinda at a loss for words here, I follow the rotations correctly but for some reason my damage is still absolute HAMSTER. I think the I might have possibly stretched myself too thin with the AD (working on my character and bonding at the same time). 17 mill average seems a bit low, mostly farming Prophecy and Demo until I get the Rising+4 rings for myself and can move the proc rings to my companion. Once I get my damage to a decent level I would like to obtain the full dragon flight set and as far as atifact sets go I'll more than likely go for Lostmaugh until I can afford the orcus. Can't really work on twisted at the moment due to my damage being what I deem as unacceptable. I need advice...

I'm currently wearing:
Head- Drowcraft Cowel
Chest-Drowcraft Longcoat
Arms- Dusk Assault Wristguards
Mainhand- Pact Blade of Elemental Fire
OH- Elemental Fire Grimoire
Feet- Dusk Assault Pigaches
Neck- Gemmed Exquisite Adamant Necklace of Piercing (I have the black Ice cloak as well but I'm low on AP)
Ring- +4 Brutality
Ring -+3 Rising Precision
Belt- Greater Belt of Black Ice
Shrt -Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Tunic
Pants- Drowcraft Trousers

Enchants:
Greater Negation
Lesser Vorpal

Artifacts:
Lantern
Book
Wheel
Tiamat
The book is mythic and the others are legendary

Stats:
Power-11,702
Crit- 6,688
AP- 5207
Action Point Gain- 1050

Companions:
Mercenary with 3x R8 Bonding (Blue)
Conartist (Green)
Fire Archon (Green)
Water Archon(Green)
Seigemaster (Blue)

Spec is basically Garlaanx's except i went 4/5 in ap gain instead of the health.

Comments

• terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I would change the water archon to air archon and the Mercenary to earth archon or enrynes. The Con-Artist is only useful if it's a active companion because of his attack. Then move the sudden rings to your companion, they are more usefull there... you can use for example alliance rings until you get suddens or risings for yourself. Upgrade bondingsstones and stats for your companion before all other things.

And look to get more crit. 7k is a bit less for 2,8k IL imo. A mount with +2k crit can be usefull here.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Guys, I'm a 2798 HB Fury. I'm kinda at a loss for words here, I follow the rotations correctly but for some reason my damage is still absolute HAMSTER. I think the I might have possibly stretched myself too thin with the AD (working on my character and bonding at the same time). 17 mill average seems a bit low, mostly farming Prophecy and Demo until I get the Rising+4 rings for myself and can move the proc rings to my companion. Once I get my damage to a decent level I would like to obtain the full dragon flight set and as far as atifact sets go I'll more than likely go for Lostmaugh until I can afford the orcus. Can't really work on twisted at the moment due to my damage being what I deem as unacceptable. I need advice...

I'm currently wearing:
    Head- Drowcraft Cowel
    Chest-Drowcraft Longcoat
    Arms- Dusk Assault Wristguards
    Mainhand- Pact Blade of Elemental Fire
    OH- Elemental Fire Grimoire
    Feet- Dusk Assault Pigaches
    Neck- Gemmed Exquisite Adamant Necklace of Piercing (I have the black Ice cloak as well but I'm low on AP)
    Ring- +4 Brutality
    Ring -+3 Rising Precision
    Belt- Greater Belt of Black Ice
    Shrt -Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Tunic
    Pants- Drowcraft Trousers

Enchants:
    Greater Negation
    Lesser Vorpal

Artifacts:
    Lantern
    Book
    Wheel
    Tiamat
    The book is mythic and the others are legendary

Stats:
    Power-11,702
    Crit- 6,688
    AP- 5207
    Action Point Gain- 1050

Companions:
    Mercenary with 3x R8 Bonding (Blue)
    Conartist (Green)
    Fire Archon (Green)
    Water Archon(Green)
    Seigemaster (Blue)

Spec is basically Garlaanx's except i went 4/5 in ap gain instead of the health.

for your gs, you should have more power unless you put some campaigns boons in defense rather than in power or crit ? As a sw, you have to prioritize power and crit over defense. Did you complete your campaigns ?
    Your armor penetration is too high on your toon (unless you have AP guild boon), but I understand you want to reach the 60% cap: instead, you should transfer this responsibility to your companion with bondings (check the percentage when you hit dummies in order to reach 60%), so you will be able to focus on other stats on your toon.
    What kind and what rank of enchants do you have ? What are your other stats ?
    I don't understand why you want a lostmauth set. The BI belt is good.
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • krenj#2826 krenj Member Posts: 12 Arc User

I would change the water archon to air archon and the Mercenary to earth archon or enrynes. The Con-Artist is only useful if it's a active companion because of his attack. Then move the sudden rings to your companion, they are more usefull there... you can use for example alliance rings until you get suddens or risings for yourself. Upgrade bondingsstones and stats for your companion before all other things.

And look to get more crit. 7k is a bit less for 2,8k IL imo. A mount with +2k crit can be usefull here.

That was a typo, I do have the air archon...not the water. I gave up alot of power to get more armor pen, wanted to see if there was a difference in damage, It was a damage increase but at the cost of about 4k power and 1k crit. I haven't completed all of my campaigns I'm working on the 3rd or 4th boon in each campaign. The guild I'm in has 0 boon. This toon hasn't been level capped but maybe a week is a few days. Enchants are 8s and 9s mostly darks and a few radiants, was told that I needed 7k armor pen so I went for that first. My mount is the Dusk Unicorn, working on a Rage dragon at the moment.

Moved a few thing around and now I have:
    Power- 12248
    Crit -6423
    Armor Pen -4793
    Recovery- 781
    Action Point Gain -1050
    Combat Advantgage- 450
    Control Bonus- 0
    Defense- 2058
    Deflect- 190
    Regeneration- 0
    Lifesteal- 4679 (Was SB Damnation initially)
    Lifesteal Severity- 50
    Stamina- gain 450
    Movement- 250
    Control resist, Aoe resist and incoming healing bonus are 0

for your gs, you should have more power unless you put some campaigns boons in defense rather than in power or crit ? As a sw, you have to prioritize power and crit over defense. Did you complete your campaigns ?
    Your armor penetration is too high on your toon (unless you have AP guild boon), but I understand you want to reach the 60% cap: instead, you should transfer this responsibility to your companion with bondings (check the percentage when you hit dummies in order to reach 60%), so you will be able to focus on other stats on your toon.
    What kind and what rank of enchants do you have ? What are your other stats ?
    I don't understand why you want a lostmauth set. The BI belt is good.

I'm on the 3rd and 4th boon on most campaigns. Dropped alot of crit and power to get some armor pen to see if it made a difference. Enchants are mostly Darks and a few radiant, 8s and 9s. I'm switching thing out to see what works best though.
    Power- 12248
    Crit -6423
    Armor Pen -4793
    Recovery- 781
    Action Point Gain -1050
    Combat Advantgage- 450
    Control Bonus- 0
    Defense- 2058
    Deflect- 190
    Regeneration- 0
    Lifesteal- 4679 (Was SB Damnation initially)
    Lifesteal Severity- 50
    Stamina- gain 450
    Movement- 250
    Control resist, Aoe resist and incoming healing bonus are 0
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Sounds like you need a new guild....no boons stinks....you should definitely run dragons with your alliance asap....also make the greater dragon keys and get into some edemo...
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    You should definitely finish the campaigns, it will help a LOT.
    As you don't have any guild boons, you can work on your bondings first (you can stay in your guild if you have friends there). Try to get astral diamonds with salvaging, skirmishes and dungeons, selling treasure map bottles or treasure hunts rewards. Bondings are your priority. To upgrade them, farm sharandar for the thaumaturgic stones.
    in the meantime, farm edemo for twisted weapons and ndemo/edemo/PoM for good rings that you will put on your pet or on you. And farm dragon runs in well of dragons to get resonance stones for your artefact gear: i think the current rank of yours is low.
    Check that you have 5 mounts in your stable and that they have blue or purple insignia of power, crit or ap depending on your needs. If you don't have 5 mounts, buy the horses you can pay with gold in the enclave. The stats of the ALL these insignias will be added to yours and you will benefit from the insignia combo bonus.
    Check your stats on a dummy while you and your pet are attacking to check if you are close to the AP 60% cap (most mobs are at 45%). if it is ok, you can put brutal or radiant enchants in the offense slots instead of dark.
    If you can, buy a +2000 power mount.
    If you can, upgrade your air archon (it seems the bonus of fire archon does not work).
    If you can, save astral diamonds and upgrade your weapon enchant (vorpal or dread).

This grinding will take of lot of time but it is worth it.

I have only defense boons in my guild and my damage is fine considering the disadvantage of not having power/ls/whatever boon: i am a 2901 sb warlock (if i remove my rank 9 utility enchants, no need to say my gear score drops a lot) and I do around 25-45m in demo depending on party composition (i pug a lot and of course, sws are at risk of being outdps by burst damages of other classes such as gwf). And still, I manage to outdps many 3k+ dps. Even in Tiamat, I am often ranked (I finished 2nd paingiver and killer last saturday). When you have no boon, you need to play with skills and to to think a lot about your build (and again bondings) ^^.

Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
    edited December 2016

Sounds like you need a new guild....no boons stinks....you should definitely run dragons with your alliance asap....also make the greater dragon keys and get into some edemo...

They run dragons alot, they normally get 1 or 2 dragons down. I have a few fangs, not many. I've steered clear of edemo and other t2 dungeons due to my damage being subpar and not wanting to hold others back. I prefer to carry my own weight.

Edit:typo
    Post edited by krenj#2826 on
  • sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User

They run dragons alot, they normally get 1 or 4 dragons down. I have a few fangs, not many. I've steered clear of edemo and other t2 dungeons due to my damage being subpar and not wanting to hold others back. I prefer to carry my own weight.

I wouldn't worry about holding anyone back. I've seen pug groups in T2s with 1900 GS and they don't seem to care much... One of the best groups I ever ran elol with had a 2200 HR. He didn't have money to buy fancy gear but did have boons. And we didn't have a problem burning anything in elol.

I'm guessing that even though you have a guild that burns 1 dragon, that you don't have a level 4 market place to buy the DF gear.

I'm in the same boat, i have 17 dragonflight strongboxes saved up and my fangs are capped at 50... I have to buy small bags of AD each time my guild does a DF.

I wouldn't worry about holding anyone back. I've seen pug groups in T2s with 1900 GS and they don't seem to care much... One of the best groups I ever ran elol with had a 2200 HR. He didn't have money to buy fancy gear but did have boons. And we didn't have a problem burning anything in elol.

I'm guessing that even though you have a guild that burns 1 dragon, that you don't have a level 4 market place to buy the DF gear.

I'm in the same boat, i have 17 dragonflight strongboxes saved up and my fangs are capped at 50... I have to buy small bags of AD each time my guild does a DF.

Correct, no lvl 4 market. Guild Hall just hit lvl 4.

edited December 2016

You should definitely finish the campaigns, it will help a LOT.
    As you don't have any guild boons, you can work on your bondings first (you can stay in your guild if you have friends there). Try to get astral diamonds with salvaging, skirmishes and dungeons, selling treasure map bottles or treasure hunts rewards. Bondings are your priority. To upgrade them, farm sharandar for the thaumaturgic stones.
    in the meantime, farm edemo for twisted weapons and ndemo/edemo/PoM for good rings that you will put on your pet or on you. And farm dragon runs in well of dragons to get resonance stones for your artefact gear: i think the current rank of yours is low.
    Check that you have 5 mounts in your stable and that they have blue or purple insignia of power, crit or ap depending on your needs. If you don't have 5 mounts, buy the horses you can pay with gold in the enclave. The stats of the ALL these insignias will be added to yours and you will benefit from the insignia combo bonus.
    Check your stats on a dummy while you and your pet are attacking to check if you are close to the AP 60% cap (most mobs are at 45%). if it is ok, you can put brutal or radiant enchants in the offense slots instead of dark.
    If you can, buy a +2000 power mount.
    If you can, upgrade your air archon (it seems the bonus of fire archon does not work).
    If you can, save astral diamonds and upgrade your weapon enchant (vorpal or dread).

This grinding will take of lot of time but it is worth it.

I have only defense boons in my guild and my damage is fine considering the disadvantage of not having power/ls/whatever boon: i am a 2901 sb warlock (if i remove my rank 9 utility enchants, no need to say my gear score drops a lot) and I do around 25-45m in demo depending on party composition (i pug a lot and of course, sws are at risk of being outdps by burst damages of other classes such as gwf). And still, I manage to outdps many 3k+ dps. Even in Tiamat, I am often ranked (I finished 2nd paingiver and killer last saturday). When you have no boon, you need to play with skills and to to think a lot about your build (and again bondings) ^^.

Ok, so what I've don thus far is sale my rank 8 bondings (155k per) and sold the extra r8 darks that I had. I also sent rings to alts to salvage along with doing two clock towers and sent the AD over to my lock. I'm sitting at around 650k diamonds atm. I'm considering selling my Greater negation since they're going for 1.1 mill at the moment. If i did that I could buy 2 rank 10 bondings, at that point I'd have to work on getting a 3rd, I could get a lesser negation and start working my way up there again as well.

Then If I continued to cap the alts daily I would make over 144k per day and if i threw a little cash in it wouldn't take too long to get a third.

I actually use my air archon atm,

I intend to upgrade the Vorpal enchant along the way as well. I don't want to get armor kits till i get my dragon flight gear.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Post edited by krenj#2826 on
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    When I was 2.6 gs (not a long time ago) I had 10k power. I felt I was weak as hell.
    I was outdpsed by every tank from my guild and I felt my toon was useless, so I know that feeling.
    I joined a guild without even knowing the +8,000 power boon from a lvl 20 guild (was still being outdpsed by tanks, both op and gf). It was a huge boost. My priority then was to max my bondings before everything. Then I got a shard of orcus on CN and I was happy as hell.
    I didn't know much about the game so I was sticking around with dreadtheft. I met a sw with less gear than me who outdpsed me by 50-70% and I realized something was wrong. I started to use Arms of Hadar and now I could outdps him.

You say you are 2.8 gs. If you run with a 2.8 toon using bondings r12 with arpen cap he can probably do double or triple of your damage. The companion need is sad but it's just how that works.

If I lose my companion my dps will be garbage, because I'll lose 6k armor pen and almost 15k power, and 10k crit.

What I can tell you is: give priority to your bondings, artifacts to mythic. Get crit + power gear and let your companion give you all the armor pen you need. I felt bad for investing my ad on a companion, but that's how the game works. If you want more damage, spend your ad on bondings, companion gear and give your best enchants to your companion.
    If you don't care about gs that's better.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Skip dragomflight go prestige
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!