test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High Recovery build

So I've been thinking about making a high recovery build GWF, and was wondering if anyone has already tried this and if it is worth it.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    This would be an interesting experiment for PVP, but in PVE I do most of my damage with a well-buffed SureStrike. If you have materials on-hand, either way, it would be worth testing.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Tried high recovery build, IBS was abt 7~8 sec cooldown, hidden daggee was abt 4~5 second cooldown, it was also fast to gain dailies however it lacks the heavy bursts to take ppl down and they would just heal/life steal back to full before you are ready for next rotation.

If there's less selfhealings in this game then this build would work however the current meta requires you to burst someone down fast hence this build is not favored, not sure how it works in PvE though, btw my recovery was about 16~18k, cant remember the exact stats,now...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Kinda sad to hear that IBS could only get down to that low of a cool down with that much recovery, I was hoping I could get to around a 4-5 second cool down with around that much theb i'd use it again, guess I'll stick to my battle fury build then. Thanks for the wisdom icy.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    It's impossible for HD to get any lower cooldown, it's a power with charges, it doesn't get affected by Recovery at all, so that's invalid. I'll repeat what's been said though, most of your damage comes from at-wills and not encounters, so high recovery is a little bit pointless for a GWF.
  • Options
    tattica7tattica7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    HD is affected by recovery, you see it if you try the skill instead of looking at the tooltip. Same goes for other powers with charges.
  • Options
    Last I checked was over a year ago, I might remember it wrong, but I strongly remember bitching about HD not giving any AP and not affected by recovery. The AP part is still true. I'll check again today.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    The actually changed the ap gain as well, every time I use it in unstoppable I get a nice little chunk of ap back
  • Options
    tattica7tattica7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Then why my cooldown is 9 seconds with 6000 recovery?
  • Options
    Yep just checked, HD does give you AP and is affected by Recovery, it's 9 seconds down from 12 with 6.5k recovery. Wonder when that changed.