test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

<b class="Bold"><h1>Graphics Vomit on my screen:</h1></b>

bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
Graphics Vomit on my screen:
I am running 2 x Nvidea GTX1080 graphics cards sli,and have to run NW settings on low to see whats happening in large groups for HE or Svardborg or anything where there are 10 or more players attacking a single target.
If i have to run on low with the latest state of the art cards then every other player in the game is also running on reduced settings as well,the problem is that every toon has graphics effects for every attack and there is NO Hardware in existance that can play 10 characters effects simultaneasly in a way that is visually pleasing!
All that we see is visual blinding vomit on screen!
Also considering my pc hardware is an order of magnitude higher than XBOX or Playstation hardware i believe the same problem applies on all 3 platforms.
There needs to be a limit on how many players effects play at the same time,OR an option to only play first person visual effects (ie my toons effects visible to me but not everyone elses effects).
Or be able to turn off third party effects so i dont see everyone elses effects ,just the charactor animations but not the visuall effects for everyone else's attacks.
My Settings:
imgur.com/a/tQHR2
imgur.com/a/K6Ocw
i.imgur.com/OjeYghJ.jpg
The results in game:
imgur.com/a/48SRQ
imgur.com/a/Y1jHB

Seriously this has been a problem for everyone for a long time and is getting worse everytime you add more content for larger groups ,the larger the group the more onscreen vomit!
And since noone can see anything intelligent in that mess of effects why have them play anyway???

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Have you ran GeForce Experience to have it optimize your settings?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kreatyve said:

Have you ran GeForce Experience to have it optimize your settings?

I have same issues, with same video card, as OP. Tried gFE optimizing, old drivers and est. Only helps if you decrease lights per object and debris per object, but not much. I had no and I mean no issues till svardborg raid! Just for info see bellow, like you playing some weird version of Minecraft ...
    http://prnt.sc/dc4k8r
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    try other games. both offline, online and MMOs. then you will see if it is your hardware or the graphics engine of the game. there are other mmos with large group contents so you can test how your hardware behaves with lots of other people running around.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    i also had no problems before SOMI went live but had the issue on preview before then,
    Its not my hardware i have no issues with any other of the many games i play.
    and yes i tried the geforce optimising ...it made it worse.
    there are too many effects playing at the same time in large group battles,and i did not have these problems as bad before
    svardborg,tho it was a bit overpowered in tiamat previously.
    Also this is NOT lag or Graphics Lagg simply far too many effects at once that make the screen one big explosion of light and impossible to descern important details,the only way to do somi HE or svardborg is with all settings turn right down to minimum then and only then is it NOT overpowering and playable!
    but having everything turned down like that outside of HE and svardborg everything looks HAMSTER.
    Frankly if i have to run on low setting just to make HE and savardborg visually playable then i wont bother with them its that annoying.
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

try other games. both offline, online and MMOs. then you will see if it is your hardware or the graphics engine of the game. there are other mmos with large group contents so you can test how your hardware behaves with lots of other people running around.

Prior posting here, I tried some other games - old and new. NO issues, everything is running perfect. Like I said a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y NO issues till svardborg!
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I get the same problem every time there is an update... the red blob that I'm firing green blobs at, has no health bar. The ground is a series of colourful blobs that means I cannot see where incoming damage is. All toons are gold blobs on a blue background...
    My favourite, the entire screen goes white... these effects can last for up to 10 mins, or an entire battle!

i5 330, 12 GB DDR5, 1Tb LAN. The area is fibre optic and I live 1/4 mile from the main exchange...
    GeForce 960 4GB GDDR5 (with Experience running Neverwinter).
    1 TB internal HDD, Win 7 (64) VMem management.
    960 GB internal HDD, (Steam) Game Installation.
    (Xerox SW, 2.6k)

The thing is that not every area suffers. Certain toons turning up to a fight can cause the effect to happen. Even my own warlock spells can become invisible... which suggests something going wrong within the game engine... hope you guys can find a fix soon! :)
  • Options
    mrsaesder#7297 mrsaesder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Had a similar issue with some areas in the game (mostly PE and SH) for a while. The other areas loaded just fine, looked amazing with almost maxed settings, but especially in SH, graphics went crazy, I was missing textures and parts of the map took forever to load. Turned out it was my OS - once I switched back to Win7 from Win10, the game started working just fine on max settings. Not sure if that helps you, not sure what OS you're running, it was the only solution that worked for me.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    I suspect that I know what you're talking about, but 2 screen shots (1 at high and 1 at low settings) would help illustrate the differences. Thanks.