test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Friday???

eastwardeastward Member Posts: 17 Arc User
....... 50% off zen market???? PLEASE!!!

Comments

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Dude, calling it black is just racist. :)

But to get back to the topic. We will find out probably on Friday if it's happening. Or maybe they'll do a Cyber Monday thing. Or both.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ... or neither. :( There hasn't been a peep of anything official either way. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

... or neither. :( There hasn't been a peep of anything official either way. :(

There hasn't been in previous years either, unless you count last year's accidental advance post on the Preview Server Calendar which got taken down. Black Friday will probably just happen when it happens...officially >:)

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    After all that we have been through in the last year......I think a 50% off sale is the least they could do. 99% sale would be justified ;)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,222 Arc User

After all that we have been through in the last year......I think a 50% off sale is the least they could do. 99% sale would be justified ;)

I would say 99% off sale would be justified. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I would say 99% off sale would be justified. :)
    That would be great, but I would settle for 50%.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

I fail to see how it matters if there is a Black Friday sales or not. There won't be any zen to purchase with AD either way. I honestly doubt if the ZaX will return back to normal. Good for the people willing to spend a little money on the game -if there are any left-. Bad for the F2P model where F2P players will most likely not be able to take advantage of it.

It matters hugely, I can only afford to buy VIP if there is one as I'll be buying with real money (I bought 12 months worth this time last year), if not I'm not spending a penny.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I fail to see how it matters if there is a Black Friday sales or not. There won't be any zen to purchase with AD either way. I honestly doubt if the ZaX will return back to normal. Good for the people willing to spend a little money on the game -if there are any left-. Bad for the F2P model where F2P players will most likely not be able to take advantage of it.

As you say, there wont be any Zen to buy instantly through the ZAX on Black Friday but hopefully the f2p players, like me, will have anticipated this and started obtaining their Zen a few weeks ago. I have one 'offer' still waiting to go through after making several others which have all completed in the last few days. I started trading AD to Zen in early October with the goal of having enough Zen in hand to buy a small list of goodies should the Black Friday sale appear :)

• Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    I did save for 1 year VIP that after more than 2 weeks I got finnally last saturday, but to be honest I'm not totally sure if I want it to happen. Rigth now I'm very close to finnally give up on the game but I still log just to get the key and do leadership on my main (I don't log anymore my other toons) once a day for about 5 minutes. I have just 14 more VIP days if they don't give us black friday sale, so for me is the perfect excuse to just leave without looking back, so I'm not sure which option I do prefer since it has been months that I don't log much more that.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    With the patch notes for tomorrow, there is a chance we will see if the sale is on, or not.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Notice about it on FB now.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Notice about it on FB now.

For PS4 only.

There is Zen to be had in the world, you just can't get it instantly with AD. I don't really see that as a problem - Cryptic does need to make a profit you know to keep things running or the game will cease (fact of life - the only debate is the ethics as to which they acquire it but that is another story), so making the easier path to pay cash makes sense.

At the current rate, it takes about 2 weeks to get Zen, almost like clockwork actually (1 day per million on average).

IMO, I will be SHOCKED if there is not a 50% Zen Market sales this friday. If that happens, I'm going to have to seriously reconsider whether I reup on VIP and fill out the rest of my purchaseable bank slots...and I can promise that Cryptic will not be really happy with the significant drop in purchases they see across the board. Money matters, but so do Zen market buys.