test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverember archer?

Anyone try her out yet? 3 offense slots, ranged, looks like she'd be a pretty good bonding companion.

Comments

• Options
    sevendust387#5375 sevendust387 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    i'm trying to get the horse more importantly and that archer does look nice too
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Bear in mind it's a green with a poor active bonus. As you can only slot 5 companions you need then all to have bonuses that contribute to your game. The (blue) horse is more worthy of your time due to insignia bonuses.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    armadeonx said:

Bear in mind it's a green with a poor active bonus. As you can only slot 5 companions you need then all to have bonuses that contribute to your game. The (blue) horse is more worthy of your time due to insignia bonuses.

You don't need them to all have active bonuses that contribute to your game. It's starting to look like the Con Artist/Sellsword are great options due to stackable armor shred for the party. 4 Con Artists = 40% more dps for the entire party on their target. This is just one of their abilities when used as a summoned companion. A 10% increase to party damage (1 Sellsword) is far more useful than any active bonus, currently.

I have a feeling this would be much more popular if people didn't care so much about personal dps, and if content was harder.
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

Whats so good about the blue horse? I have 120 tokens right now and looking for a companion that I actually like to take to legendary, or close to it. I couldn't stomach looking at an archon for the rest of my neverwinter life.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

armadeonx said:

You don't need them to all have active bonuses that contribute to your game. It's starting to look like the Con Artist/Sellsword are great options due to stackable armor shred for the party. 4 Con Artists = 40% more dps for the entire party on their target. This is just one of their abilities when used as a summoned companion. A 10% increase to party damage (1 Sellsword) is far more useful than any active bonus, currently.

I have a feeling this would be much more popular if people didn't care so much about personal dps, and if content was harder.
    I'm being nitpicky here, but a -40% Defense debuff is not the same as a 40% DPS increase, unless those Con Artists/Sellswords debuffs were the only debuffs applied to the target.

But yeah, Sellsword/Con Artist's defense debuffs are great because they add extra effectiveness even past the DR debuff/multiplier debuff cap.

armadeonx said:

Whats so good about the blue horse? I have 120 tokens right now and looking for a companion that I actually like to take to legendary, or close to it. I couldn't stomach looking at an archon for the rest of my neverwinter life.
    I'm guessing this is the Neverwinter Champion's Charger mount?

Champion's Return Insignia bonus. The bonus in itself is "alright" for self sustain, but it might not be that great for DPSers focused on dishing out the max DPS.

Other than that, the best thing about the mount is the part where it's named Charger (you know, something befitting of a warhorse) but it trots like the parade horse.

If you dislike the Archon spam, you could try a Sellsword/Con Artist works as stated. Other decent choices, if you can afford/acquire them, are the Harper Bard, Ambush Drake (lolfossil), or Dancing Shield (its debuff only stacks once, so if you think a lot of tanks are rolling with this one, then don't pick it)

If you "really" want an archer companion, you could try the Greenscale Bowman from the TR pack, which packs a debuff, but the debuff itself is mitigated and is effectively worth less than 2% effectiveness.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @slyslepkava#8596
    @onewingedmenace#5432

The point with the mount is because most people can't afford 5 mounts at blue and higher, especially if they run multiple characters (I have 7). It's not just the bonus, the insignias themselves add decent points (well, not the green ones...).

As for the companion, I understand your point that you can run with a summoned companion for reasons other than active bonus but I was referring specifically to the archer and it has no de/buffing skills other than a bit of a slow on single targets - which is pointless in nearly all content.

@onewingedmenace here is a link to a list of companions if you want to do some research on them:
    neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

@slyslepkava#8596
    @onewingedmenace#5432

The point with the mount is because most people can't afford 5 mounts at blue and higher, especially if they run multiple characters (I have 7). It's not just the bonus, the insignias themselves add decent points (well, not the green ones...).

As for the companion, I understand your point that you can run with a summoned companion for reasons other than active bonus but I was referring specifically to the archer and it has no de/buffing skills other than a bit of a slow on single targets - which is pointless in nearly all content.

@onewingedmenace here is a link to a list of companions if you want to do some research on them:
    neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion

Thanks for the advice, looking at these companions I see some cool ones but most aren't on PS4 yet sadly.

• Options
    hateinside#3684 hateinside Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am goingo to try the Neverember Guard Archer, her active bonus (power and recovery) is what aa need right now