Which kind of PvP modes do we currently have?
- Domination: Capture the node
- Gauntlgrym: Capture the node
- Black Ice Domination: Capture the node
- Stronghold Siege: Capture the supply nodes?
Gauntlgrym is dead. Black ice domination & Stronghold Siege are dead as well due to massive lag/rubberbanding caused by companions and power interactions between players. Furthermore we experienced in the first days of mod 10.5 how laggy the instances get if there are more than 20 players on a map. (Instances in SoMI were able to hold 50 player until they changed it to 20 max. --> lag disappeared)
Capture, capture, capture... we definitely need some fresh wind in PvP with new modes such as:
- Team Deathmatch
- Free for All (?)
- Golem modus*
- Capture the flag
* Basically, each team has a boss-like NPC you have to kill first in order to win the game. Wise handling of protection + damage is needed here.
The current meta builds are obviously crowd control + max tankiness as you just need to cap & keep the node. Kills are not necessarily required and many of us dislike this style of gameplay. More PvP modes would also mean more variety how to build your toon and more people are served with their preferences.
Additions & opinions are heartly welcomed!