test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lantern or Chromatic

superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Regarding both the stats and activation effect between the lantern of revelation (post mod 5) and token of chromatic storm, which one would you recommend for a tact gf buffer?

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Regarding both the stats and activation effect between the lantern of revelation (post mod 5) and token of chromatic storm, which one would you recommend for a tact gf buffer?

Totally Lantern: easier to get and easier to use. It only loses to Storm in the stats department and Storm has "only okay" stats to begin with.

(However, if you do own a Chromatic Storm, it's not awful for debuffing, but Lantern tends to be much better overall.)

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Token was bugged for a long time such that the debuff scaled with your power stat. Allegedly that's fixed now, so there's much less reason to pay out the A for the token.

Sounds like they are bringing the token back in the giant's box though, so prices might drop for a bit if you want to play with it.
  • Options
    Money is not the problem cause token now costs 300k ad. Regarding the debuff, do you think token would do a better job (even slightly)?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Money is not the problem cause token now costs 300k ad. Regarding the debuff, do you think token would do a better job (even slightly)?

Lantern's debuff is literally debuffs for 2% more than Chromatic Storm.

In addition, its debuff is easier to use (no wonky overly long animation) and actually can reliably debuff its target (Lantern's debuff works as long as you stand close to the enemy, which you shoulld be doing anyways).

Chromatic Storm's debuff is a weird one: the debuff is linked to the Acid meteor. Each of the elemental meteors fall in a pentagram style pattern, assuming that the target isn't moving. The Acid meteor would be the upper right corner.

In other words: prepare for the debuff to miss on most targets.

Source: @michela123's debuff tests.

Holdup. Chromatic Storm is now cheaper than Lantern? (Lantern was sitting around 340K last I checked)

Someone please confirm/deny this when the AH goes back up, as I won't be in game for a while and I am incredibly skeptical.

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

Holdup. Chromatic Storm is now cheaper than Lantern? (Lantern was sitting around 340K last I checked)

Someone please confirm/deny this when the AH goes back up, as I won't be in game for a while and I am incredibly skeptical.

I believe it was included in the Giant's lockbox in blue variants, so perhaps the price has crashed already.

Also theoretically they fixed the debuff scaling with power which was not WAI and was overperforming, so that probably dropped the price too.

• Options
    Sorry to ask again but when you say they fixed (which makes sense since they reworked it) debuff of token what do you mean?
    I knew that lantern did 8% and token 6%. If they fixed it, did it go over the 8%?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Sorry to ask again but when you say they fixed (which makes sense since they reworked it) debuff of token what do you mean?
    I knew that lantern did 8% and token 6%. If they fixed it, did it go over the 8%?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12901117
    asterdahl said:

Resolved an issue with the artifact "Token of Chromatic Storm" wherein the damage values displayed on the tooltip would scale with player power. (Tooltip only issue.)
    Resolved an issue with the artifact "Token of Chromatic Storm" wherein the amount of damage resistance down afflicted by the acid debuff would scale with player power.
    Resolved an issue wherein the "Repentant Dragon Cultist" companion's "Acidic Stab" ability's defense reduction ability would incorrectly increase with power.
    Resolved an issue wherein the "Ambush Drake" companion's "Deadly Infection" ability's defense reduction ability would incorrectly increase with power. QoL
    The "Repentant Dragon Cultist" companion's "Acidic Stab" ability now specifies the potency of its defense reduction ability (4%.)
    The "Ambush Drake" companion's "Deadly Infection" now specifies the duration of its defense reduction ability (3 seconds.)

Here's another reference in an official patch note thread, but it contains fewer details:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12901955

And yes, token used to go over 6% debuff. I don't know how high it was, but it believe it was significantly higher especially with certain power-stacking possibilities.

I don't feel comfortable stating much more than that, as I was never able to test it personally. That said, having run with certain players that had it: it was noticeable.

Edit: you could get a flavor for this by inspecting the token if it was posted in AH or if linked in chat. On my power-stacker DC for fun I inspected when I was in the heat of battle and would see debuff values of >40%. But that's tooltip, and I never tested personally.
    Post edited by dupeks on