test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So how bad is TC now?

mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
I'd like to hear from all of the experienced PC players on here. Is SW basically a joke at this point or still usable as DPS?
3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
My Guide

Comments

• Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    It's still usable, yes, in a crowd. If you have 3, or 4 or more mobs it's very useful, even more if the mobs take long to die like in FBI. But I don't think you can get anything from it against single target like before. And yes, that's how it's supposed to work.
    It's just working as it was intended to work. The problem is that our other dailies and powers are not making us do decent dps as before, but, that's another matter.

I'm not using it against single target anymore.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    TC pushes effectiveness for about 20%, but in case WC doesn´t work if TC is applied it lower damage again?
    I can see both icons TC and WC, but did not check it´s function. Patchnodes in mod 10 told something about not working with each other.

patchnodes mod 10:
    Tyrannical Curse:
    The initial damage dealt by this power will now properly be affected by damage buffs, debuffs, and immunities.
    Was actually increasing the damage you deal to the target by ~40%, instead of the stated 20%. Now properly only increases your damage by 20%.
    ---> Your regular Warlock's Curse can be placed alongside this power now. However, the damage increase caused by Tyrannical Curse and Warlock's Curse do not stack. <----

Tyrannical Threat: Renamed to Tyrannical Curse. No longer causes your normal Warlock's Curse to be replaced by Tyrannical Curse. Instead, immediately casts Tyrannical Curse on your target. This means you can no longer have multiple targets affected by Tyrannical Curse at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    looooooooooool, seems to be true

I checked it on dummy....sad to say it.
    TC lowers your damageoutput on single target. The benefit from WC (20%+) is a little bit better.
    So TC has to be seen as a "nogo" on single target and a maybe usefull on mobgroups, maybe not. It lowers the damage you deal on that target by overwriting Warlocks curse, lol cryptic.
    The effectivness of this class is 100%, in case you pic infernal wrath 105% max.... that´s it (my GF can stack selfbuffs/debuffs to 180%+, redicules and from my PoV there is no need to test anything, this class is dead. I am out and strip that pittyfull class
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    I guess BoH is the go to single target now?
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    mrshabok said:

for Hellbringer maybe, in case it procs CD. For Soulbinder Immolation spirits is the go I am sure, and those who stick with HB should know they gonna have hard times , harder than SB imo.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    mrshabok said:

I always use Brood, and it's 7% of my dps in FBI and around 5% in CN. I hate the slow animation of Gates of Hell and I always favor TC over Gates in AoE, so no need to use other daily (for me at least), which leaves me to choose a daily for bosses fights, and then it's when I'm using Brood since it does more single target dps than Gates of Hell and it's way faster.
    Post edited by kallephi#0836 on
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    Have they announced anymore changes coming to SW? They can't leave us like this.
  • Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User

Have they announced anymore changes coming to SW? They can't leave us like this.

It's gonna take a lot more complaining before they even notice. Surprised at the lack of outcry by PC SWs. Hoping that means they know something we don't.

• Options
    qtpiekayqtpiekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    If they dont atleast give us a feedback that they are looking into this i am sad to say i will lose watever little trust and hope in the dev team. Taking a class to the chopping block with 1 patch is not the right way of balancing any class imho.
  • Options
    wabber#5907 wabber Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    This is how this game is, one class is op for a mod or three, then there is a new flavor of the month.

If you are not in it for the chart chasing, and actually enjoy the class, then buffs and nerfs don't make you as butt hurt about them, and buffs when they come make you happy for them.

Really there is about 1% of players that care about optimum group comp and they usually have alts they can switch out to if needed. If your group you run with, has descent communication skills, all content can be completed, you might not be setting speed run records but you can still do it. Pugs can still clear content as well, just more hit or miss with time it takes.

I havnt seen any exclusion on pc, just the usual need DC, tank and hdps in that order
  • Options

This is how this game is, one class is op for a mod or three, then there is a new flavor of the month.

If you are not in it for the chart chasing, and actually enjoy the class, then buffs and nerfs don't make you as butt hurt about them, and buffs when they come make you happy for them.

Really there is about 1% of players that care about optimum group comp and they usually have alts they can switch out to if needed. If your group you run with, has descent communication skills, all content can be completed, you might not be setting speed run records but you can still do it. Pugs can still clear content as well, just more hit or miss with time it takes.

I havnt seen any exclusion on pc, just the usual need DC, tank and hdps in that order

Not about the paingiver chart. It's about spending money on a product and having a chunk of it taken away. It's about the cost of changing gear to accommodate their "fix." If this were a monthly sub game, I'd feel differently. Since it's a pay to play game that I invested rl dollars in, I expected to enjoy what I had purchased for longer than a few weeks. You can make the argument that the game is free but it isn't for most of us. I can't imagine spending years in this toxic environment, trying to grind out upgrades a few thousand AD at a time. The game has been on PS4 about four months, they've pulled this HAMSTER twice already AND they'll keep doing it until they can't squeeze another cent out of us. That time is now. Me and my wallet are moving on before it gets worse. In the end, I blame Sony for this sorry excuse they call a game library. If PS4 had a better lineup, Cryptic would be HAMSTER out of luck because people wouldn't tolerate their greed. If you enjoy being treated this way, idk what to tell ya.
    Just for the record, I don't even know yet how bad the TC nerf really is. The SWs I trust/respect have been really quiet on the matter and experience has shown me that the majority of NW players are not worth listening to. My attitude has more to do with EVERY decision they make disregarding game quality in the name of profit. I feel like the continued SW nerfs are just a ploy to make more money via class changing and re-gearing.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    My answer is, I don´t play that class and NWO, won´t pay a cent, get my daily key until VIP expires and focus on other stuff. The new content is no fun and boring to me and I have no tolerance for the actual way the game heads for and no respect towards anyone of this company, no need to have that because the level of ignorance is beyond everything.
    No need to test or run dungeons to know how pittyfull the class performs.
    HB deals 1/3 of damage with a bugged companion, wich is gonna be fixed in time.
  • Options
    If you are making a few thousand ad at a time you are doing it wrong. Watch the market, know what the "new thing" is by reading patch notes. Be proactive and you don't have to bring out the wallet.
    Here is a hint for those that want a jump on mod 10.5 , think about the new wearable that are being introduced, and how it is upgraded. There is going to be a wallet warrior or a hundred that won't want to take the time to farm it. Make profit off their laziness. Some can be farmed in mod 10 others in 10.5
  • Options
    Russ4ua17, did you know this game was a MMO? Gear changes sometimes fast sometimes slow. You just bought in before realizing that changes were coming. In any MMO that allows the trade of rl money to gain advantage in gearing up, you take that risk the shiny you just bought might be out of date in a few weeks/months when something better comes out. Take for example the new mod 10.5 weps. That base damage from the looks of things will be better than the 3k power on twisted. Just by looking at it. Don't believe me ttest yourself. Now it's about 2ish mil for refinement in pc at this time to upgrade main hand or offhand, 4 mil for both. However someone got there doesn't matter in the end. They still spent rl $ or in game time farming the refinement, or doing something else more profitable. Then buying it with ad. And now this new weapon /offhand is coming along.
    This is called the gear treadmill, don't sign up for a MMO if you can not live with that.

If I came off condescending or sounding like a donkey, it was not intended that way. I'm sorry you got sucked in, then found out the toy you bought wasn't what it said on the box.
  • Options

If you are making a few thousand ad at a time you are doing it wrong. Watch the market, know what the "new thing" is by reading patch notes. Be proactive and you don't have to bring out the wallet.

Here is a hint for those that want a jump on mod 10.5 , think about the new wearable that are being introduced, and how it is upgraded. There is going to be a wallet warrior or a hundred that won't want to take the time to farm it. Make profit off their laziness. Some can be farmed in mod 10 others in 10.5

You're fine. No disrespect perceived. You're also correct about there being other ways to make AD. For me, camping the AH or Zen exchange is not an option though. I play games to kill monsters and loot them. Not interested in being a virtual broker. This game has one good drop. I got three shards in the last seven days. Enough AD to do a lot of upgrading but I realized that the only upgrades left for me were through refinement or utility/defense enchants. FBI has nothing worth farming. What's the point in carrying on if my character has peaked and the devs aren't adding upgrades and content that interest me?

I found myself logging in just to stand around, looking for a reason to play. There's no challenge left. I wish I could take pride in beating the tar out of other dps but it's not skill. I just had a better build and better gear than them. Should probably thank Fernu for that- his sheepish followers never bothered to check his ACT and notice that a bugged companion we can't get was responsible for ~30% of his total damage.
  • Options
    Mod 10.5 introduced the companion pack that should allow you to get the owlbear from updated glorious resurgence.
    Not really camping ah, or zen market, more along the lines of watching the calender, buying up boxes that give enchants, opening on double enchant events, saving those selling on double refinement Also people tend to use feeder artifacts, buy a few of power and union sell on double rp. Knowing what ilvl chasers are going to need in next mod to get vivified upgrade, that you can be farming now, by killing things.
    FBI really isn't for the loot, though if you don't have a legendary ring it can drop. Rest of loot is either same as cn or relic gear if you really want it.
    The main point of FBI though is for people that have done everything, like you have to give a bit of challenge. 10.5 will build on that, if you completed FBI and about 10 days of dailies to unlock the new edemo esk fight. This one is supposed be challenging as well, to farm items needed to purchase a better base damage weapon, with 2 unique abilities.
    If none of that interests you, you can go fish, for more things to use for upgrading gear, or to sell. If you don't have a legendary mount that can be an upgrade and a good long term goal.
  • Options

My answer is, I don´t play that class and NWO, won´t pay a cent, get my daily key until VIP expires and focus on other stuff. The new content is no fun and boring to me and I have no tolerance for the actual way the game heads for and no respect towards anyone of this company, no need to have that because the level of ignorance is beyond everything.
    No need to test or run dungeons to know how pittyfull the class performs.
    HB deals 1/3 of damage with a bugged companion, wich is gonna be fixed in time.

Yeah I quit for a while. Maybe for good? Whatever. Game's not fun anymore and I can't bring myself to care when they don't care about us. VIP ran out. On to other games.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

This is called the gear treadmill, don't sign up for a MMO if you can not live with that.

If you know about that, why are you playing that thing ?

(PS: Personnally I'm doing it to analyse game mechanics, especially a game with flaws to find real root causes, deviances, absuses, ... Lot's of interesting things in my opinion.)

Cryptic would be HAMSTER out of luck because people wouldn't tolerate their greed.

Strangly, greed is nearly never the root cause of problem (it's more often due to narrowminded/incompetent bosses/teams deciding mainstream way of actions) but greed always increase flaws.