test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyrannical Curse now lowers dps by overwriting Warlocks Curse

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited November 2016 in The Nine Hells
I made some short testings but as written above, this daily now is a minus dps.

TC pushes effectiveness for about 20%, but in case WC doesn´t work if TC is applied it lowers your damage again by overwriting our classmechanic even though both icons are active.

patchnodes mod 10:
Tyrannical Curse:
blabla.....
Your regular Warlock's Curse can be placed alongside this power now. However, the damage increase caused by Tyrannical Curse and Warlock's Curse do not stack.
.......blublub.......

TC lowers your damageoutput on single target. The benefit from WC (20%+) is a little bit better without having TC active.
So TC has to be seen as a "nogo" on single target and a maybe usefull on mobgroups, maybe not.

The effectivness of warlock is 100% solo, in case you pic infernal wrath 105% maximum.... that´s it.
I did a CN run, average effectiveness 124%. A GWF´s with greater bondings was on par with dps, my companion is maxed ... no need to do endcontent that way.

My GF can stack selfbuffs/debuffs to 175%+ effectiveness, it´s a tank spec and there is more possible.

RIP Warlock.
Chapeau cryptic, I would say you really facked that class up.
Post edited by schietindebux on

Comments

• Options
    tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    How about you explain this properly and with a proper flow? Cause right now Im trying to decipher whatever is it that you wrote here. :o
  • Options
    dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Sorry I don't play on PC so can't properly test any of this.

I was under the assumption that both TC and WC now provide a 20% dmg increase. The patch notes plainly state that the two don't stack, so according to the notes it wouldn't be a greater then 20% buff with both active. There should be no difference in efficiency regardless of which of the two buffs are active. This is now a AoE only daily on PC, if it even gets used for that.

I don't agree with the devs decision not to let them stack, I feel that they should I mean TC is a daily lmao. Thankfully as a PS player I can still rock the old TC for a while longer, and hope SOMETHING gets done to fix SW dmg potential before 10.5 hits consoles.

-Dandello
  • Options
    edited November 2016

How about you explain this properly and with a proper flow? Cause right now Im trying to decipher whatever is it that you wrote here. :o

Did you even read it what is hard to understand about it?

TC lifts your effectiveness =damage for 20%, but WC get´s overwritten by TC , so you lose the benefit from WC.

TC lifts your effectiveness but kills the 20% buff from WC since mod 10 rework. In case you cast TC on a single target it reduces the damage compared to only using WC, since the 20% WC buff seems to be better than the debuff from TC.

->patchnode mod 10:
    "your regular Warlock's Curse can be placed alongside this power now. However, the damage increase caused by Tyrannical Curse and Warlock's Curse do not stack."

In simple:
    Do focus damage on a target using WC and TC, and do the same only by using WC.
    In the end you will recognize that the damage from the first test is less.

From a top spell to a flop spell. The actual nerf together with amenars patch in mod 10 leads to a reduction of your damageoutput... that´s what I wanted to state, redicules
  • Options
    "dandello#8818 said:

Sorry I don't play on PC so can't properly test any of this.

I was under the assumption that both TC and WC now provide a 20% dmg increase. The patch notes plainly state that the two don't stack, so according to the notes it wouldn't be a greater then 20% buff with both active. There should be no difference in efficiency regardless of which of the two buffs are active. This is now a AoE only daily on PC, if it even gets used for that.

I don't agree with the devs decision not to let them stack, I feel that they should I mean TC is a daily lmao. Thankfully as a PS player I can still rock the old TC for a while longer, and hope SOMETHING gets done to fix SW dmg potential before 10.5 hits consoles.

-Dandello"

+1 ^this.

TC should not kill your effectiveness since they both provide the same 20% increase, so it should stay the same since they dont stack. Now if they are cancelling each other out, then thats a bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    TC is a debuff, WC is a buff as far as I understand ACT.
    TC pushes your effectiveness 20%, WC pushes the incoming damage for 20%.
    TC as debuff seems to be inferior to the WC buff wich leads to the effect, that TC lowers your damage by deleting the beenfit from WC.
    This has to be changed because it was a sloppy fix in mod 10, a compromise, but at least amenar recognized that warlock was in need of that damage boost from TC.
    The hole class needs a compensation for a damageloss of 40%-60% from that TC fix/nerf.
    They broke the class and did not analyze the consequeces in advance, like they did with OP, sloppy and incompetent as allways
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    At least @asterdahl did mention that they are aware of the dps inbalance with the class, but they shouldve had a fix for it when "fixing" TC. Now were lagging behind until they get their heads in gear and deliver a fix to dps
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    one more broken feat.

me me

@strumslinger
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    nooriannoorian Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I do not understand (Nahuas) why left TC warlocks, and why do leave this class? easier to remove it to return all the money spent on it and give in exchange for the choice of any already dressed class, or even output: fire those who do not understand any game, any balance, those who only creates brilliant nerfs are not thinking at all about the consequences and introducing campaigns losses. drider Server has long been sharply restricted the purchase of the game, the head of the campaign waits and dragon people will stop buying anything - anything and have to close the project?
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    than they should change feat's info.

and how they think it must work now? summ 15% of necrotic damage to necrotics skills? or what i don't know.

or it should work somehow fire archon?

is it still necro? or is it like 15% for diminishing HP target?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    @schietindebux

Have you tried a few dungeons after change?

From the dungeons I ran in comparison to before the patch, I just lost literally half of my dps.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    This week is a bit busy schedule wise, but I hope to start heavily testing things next week to see exactly where we stand and what we can do to mitigate this loss of DPS...

My trusty "assistant", @fernuu will be back next week, so we will tag team this situation folks! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    No offense to our GWF friends (love ya, and I have 2 of them myself), but this mod's tagline mine as well be 'at least you can buff the GWF'
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes i tried dungeons and recognized, that my other Striker class a GWF beats me easily at 2.9 il even half booned.
    So I stripped that warlock and do not intend to run any endcontent even though i spend that much time to get boons , equip etc. where it is. I would say warlock is similar or more fakcked than Palladin, but hard to judge atm.
    Maybe I try some low level PVP, i can't see any other purpose to play this class.
    The class is dead and there is no viable build to compensate this fail.
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    noorian said:

I do not understand (Nahuas) why left TC warlocks, and why do leave this class? easier to remove it to return all the money spent on it and give in exchange for the choice of any already dressed class, or even output: fire those who do not understand any game, any balance, those who only creates brilliant nerfs are not thinking at all about the consequences and introducing campaigns losses. drider Server has long been sharply restricted the purchase of the game, the head of the campaign waits and dragon people will stop buying anything - anything and have to close the project?

Yeah, keep dreaming. You think Cryptic is going to return anything? You and me are just suckers who bought their product and fed their salaries. You're just a tool, like me. They don't care about your issues, they already have your money.

Can you imagine them refunding us? The only thing you can swap out are your gems/enchants. Everything else is character bound. How do you recover from all the time and money spent on finishing your boons, acquiring legendary mounts, upgrading to legendary/mythic equipment, all of your companions and their gears, all of it wasted on a broken toon. All of us have been suckered by the money grab.

Who in their right mind would start over? So they can cripple your next toon? I say if you still have the option, call up your CC company and contest the charges spent for this game. They diminished the product you paid for. Imagine buying a Ferrari, having them recall it, and getting the car back to find out it can't break 50 mph.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.