test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Revamp Damnation please

You have 1 pet class in the game, and since the launch of mod 10 it's rapidly descended into gutter tier compared to the dps of fury and the buffing/healing of temptation. There is literally 0 reason to play damnation anymore, and those that do are typically looked down on and excluded by groups now. Please give damnation its own special quirk, maybe some sort of an extra debuff or two to some of its feats, or attach directly to the soul puppet so that when it attacks it weakens enemies. I feel having damnation go down the debuffer path would compliment the power of fury and the buffing/healing of temptation nicely. Right now it just offers nothing unique or helpful while playing in a group.

You developers spoke about making the feat trees more balanced but all you did was kill off my favourite build resulting in a mass exodus from the feat tree, please give those of us that want to a reason to break out our perma puppets again.

Comments

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Damnation is warlocks build which have midle range dps, midle range survivability. And most important gameplay is around soul pupet. Since introduction of SW class, all its powers, mechanics I consider as one experiment. Unlike other classes, temptation feat sets for every tree is totaly different. Other classes adjust/boost powers slightly, while SW changes a lot. Damnation for example introduce similar gameplay as other mmorpg have summoner/tamer class.. temptation is changes SW from striker to supporter class..

In order to make damnation tree work properly game then have to add extra soul/companion control mechanics. Which I don't think happens..
    Rewamp Damnation? How ? Its not like separated class, its just feat set for SW class. Even if we add certain dps boosting factors, the balance breaks, because companion + SW + soul pupet dps output and combat advantage is unfair from other class view point..

p.s I will write more detailed my opinion about this matter latter, atm I am at work :P
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options

Damnation is warlocks build which have midle range dps, midle range survivability. And most important gameplay is around soul pupet. Since introduction of SW class, all its powers, mechanics I consider as one experiment. Unlike other classes, temptation feat sets for every tree is totaly different. Other classes adjust/boost powers slightly, while SW changes a lot. Damnation for example introduce similar gameplay as other mmorpg have summoner/tamer class.. temptation is changes SW from striker to supporter class..

In order to make damnation tree work properly game then have to add extra soul/companion control mechanics. Which I don't think happens..
    Rewamp Damnation? How ? Its not like separated class, its just feat set for SW class. Even if we add certain dps boosting factors, the balance breaks, because companion + SW + soul pupet dps output and combat advantage is unfair from other class view point..

p.s I will write more detailed my opinion about this matter latter, atm I am at work :P

It shouldn't just be 'the average' path though, if you read the feat tree description it talks about helping allies and weaking enemies with curses, damnation does none of that. I'm not asking for damnation to be put on par with fury, but it needs some kind of feature, be it dps or support of some kind which sets it apart and makes people actually want to play it, right now the tree is dead nobody will play it and it is widely considered useless. Is that fair? Is that proper class balance?
  • Options

It shouldn't just be 'the average' path though, if you read the feat tree description it talks about helping allies and weaking enemies with curses, damnation does none of that. I'm not asking for damnation to be put on par with fury, but it needs some kind of feature, be it dps or support of some kind which sets it apart and makes people actually want to play it, right now the tree is dead nobody will play it and it is widely considered useless. Is that fair? Is that proper class balance?

Ok and what did u expected? Dps output somewhere near Fury build,, have survivability close to tempt SW. and plus gaving soul pupet up all time, and its very presence dealing damage evert second due Spiritfire feat.

One thing for sure is missing.. And its assitance to allies. However if you are more solo player, I think damnation is one of strongest builds.. Not only enemies deal less damage to you due Warding Spirits. But also due damnations Soul Desecration you can not only have soul pupet all time.
    But because due soul pupet mechanic>>
    Several Warlock powers can summon a Soul Puppet to fight alongside you. You may only have a single Soul Puppet active at any time. Soul Puppets will follow you for 120 seconds or until they have attacked 5 times, at which point they will dissipate. If you attempt to summon a Soul Puppet when you already have one active your current Soul Puppet gains a 20% increase in damage for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

Thats mean if you hit cursed target, you summon soul pupet, in then hit 5 times cursed targets, and you stack it and add 100% soul pupets power increase,, on top add >>>

Wrathful Souls
    Your Soul Puppets deal 20/40/60/80/100% more damage, and their attacks now Life Steal 3/6/9/12/15% of their damage, healing you.

Now add HB's PoP.... I think soul pupet causing kinda nice damage.. And As I wrote before in my older posts,, when I back from vacation to NWO. I will respect to damantion for sure..

I gues the problem is that no one tryed test, and report all bugs/gliches. And perhaps thats why damnation performance is low.
    Big wave of damnation sw where due glitch abusing, which caused way to high dps output. Once bug/glich where fixed,, lot of sw respected back to fury... Even some build/guides where wrote around glich/bug affected mechanics.. And this is major problem. No one want to report all bugs, all try abuse them as much they can.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options

Ok and what did u expected? Dps output somewhere near Fury build,, have survivability close to tempt SW. and plus gaving soul pupet up all time, and its very presence dealing damage evert second due Spiritfire feat.

One thing for sure is missing.. And its assitance to allies. However if you are more solo player, I think damnation is one of strongest builds.. Not only enemies deal less damage to you due Warding Spirits. But also due damnations Soul Desecration you can not only have soul pupet all time.
    But because due soul pupet mechanic>>
    Several Warlock powers can summon a Soul Puppet to fight alongside you. You may only have a single Soul Puppet active at any time. Soul Puppets will follow you for 120 seconds or until they have attacked 5 times, at which point they will dissipate. If you attempt to summon a Soul Puppet when you already have one active your current Soul Puppet gains a 20% increase in damage for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

Thats mean if you hit cursed target, you summon soul pupet, in then hit 5 times cursed targets, and you stack it and add 100% soul pupets power increase,, on top add >>>

Wrathful Souls
    Your Soul Puppets deal 20/40/60/80/100% more damage, and their attacks now Life Steal 3/6/9/12/15% of their damage, healing you.

Now add HB's PoP.... I think soul pupet causing kinda nice damage.. And As I wrote before in my older posts,, when I back from vacation to NWO. I will respect to damantion for sure..

I gues the problem is that no one tryed test, and report all bugs/gliches. And perhaps thats why damnation performance is low.
    Big wave of damnation sw where due glitch abusing, which caused way to high dps output. Once bug/glich where fixed,, lot of sw respected back to fury... Even some build/guides where wrote around glich/bug affected mechanics.. And this is major problem. No one want to report all bugs, all try abuse them as much they can.
    All classes/builds should be decent in solo and in dungeons, if the devs looked at damnation and said the build is for solo players and left it as it is that wouldn't cut it.

I honestly don't really mind the damage output right now, could be better, but its average, it's not meant to be played the way it was played in mod 9 and Im fine with that. but saying the puppet itself makes up for the low power of the damnation warlock isnt true, the puppet itself cant keep up with the sheer damage from fury and its creeping death, which again is fine. But it offers zero support or utility in groups to make up for that lack of damage, which is where my problem lies.

By all means if you can find a good way to roll damnation let me know, Ive played around with it but simply gave up.
    I'm not asking to be OP again, just a little something to make damnation useful to groups, you know there's a problem when a particular path is considered 'dead' or useless and those that stick with it are ridiculed and excluded from dungeons..

• Options

All classes/builds should be decent in solo and in dungeons, if the devs looked at damnation and said the build is for solo players and left it as it is that wouldn't cut it.

I honestly don't really mind the damage output right now, could be better, but its average, it's not meant to be played the way it was played in mod 9 and Im fine with that. but saying the puppet itself makes up for the low power of the damnation warlock isnt true, the puppet itself cant keep up with the sheer damage from fury and its creeping death, which again is fine. But it offers zero support or utility in groups to make up for that lack of damage, which is where my problem lies.

By all means if you can find a good way to roll damnation let me know, Ive played around with it but simply gave up.
    I'm not asking to be OP again, just a little something to make damnation useful to groups, you know there's a problem when a particular path is considered 'dead' or useless and those that stick with it are ridiculed and excluded from dungeons..

And how damnation is not decent for solo gameplay?? I can tell you the problem is because due STronghold boons and game content is not hard enough. Mod 6 was good cold shower for players.. It killed glasscanons builds, forced players to adapt to changes, and in that time Damnation had more less Ok times.. But simply too many players wanted be OWNERS. Who get in fight, give midle finger and in second beat enemy. Damnation have decent survivability, actually in fact it can rival temptation SW capabilities. And also damnation have decent dps, not as high as fury, but still good one. Tempt sw have only dark revelry buff, which gives 20% power boost.. Damnation have soul pupet up all time, which easily stacked up and boosted power 100%, on top extra 100% of already boosted ones you get due feat. Now, soul pupet also generate threat which keep enemies eyes on him rather on warlock.. Also every his hit trigger life steal, which heal him.. So Soul pupet is tanker/dps.

However the biggest/main problem is that, damnation gameplay is totally different from all other class/builds. Also fight is slower, its slightly different. And thats why is least popular build. And since it's least popular,, tons of bugs have been ignored..
    You mentioned mod 9. well mod 9 is when Damnation where overbuffed, and due bad interaction betwen other class buffs, could outdps glasscanon fury sw or any other glasscanon classes.

IF you have ideas,, why don't u write.. I mean why don't you write suggestion how u would change feats.. Because damnation is about feats, not encounters, daily powers, or etc... But mind that, neither soul pupet can be lot of buffed, neither sw itself, neither to harsh debuffs which would lead to high dps output.. In other way, be reasonable...

As for me,, I wll back at best 10 of december, record couple templocks runs, and move to damnation.... Till that I can only argue by what I know, what I have manage to do with 2.5k GS sw in preview/test server prior mod 10 release to live server.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    You're misunderstanding me, I did not say damnation is not good in solo play, I said if a class is ONLY good in solo, or ONLY good in groups, there is a problem with the class and it needs fixing.

An idea I have is to stick the changes onto some of the final feats, like soul desecration, so that if players want to use them, they have to go down the damnation path as opposed to picking up the damnation buffs and then going full fury anyway. Anyway like I was saying before, some sort of a debuff effect on the puppet would make it very viable, e.g when the puppet is attacking a a cursed target (with its wraith claw attack, not spiritfire, too OP) it has a chance to lower the enemies defence by 5%, or perhaps increase allies attack power by 5%, or when it life steals increase nearby allies recovery by 5% (every 30 seconds or so, too often and this would be too OP also). 1 or two simple changes like this would really help damnation come into its own.

• Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I'd like to see Damnation revamped too. Doesn't have to be a damage boost- utility such as tanking, buffing, debuffing would be cool.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I'd like to see Fury revamped too.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    fernuu said:

I'd like to see Fury revamped too.

Trolling? Lol

• Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    He's probably not having a great day due to TC fix. Tried CN w/o it today- not fun.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

He's probably not having a great day due to TC fix. Tried CN w/o it today- not fun.

Nah, haven't played anything but new dailies, will give it some time today :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    qtpiekayqtpiekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    null
    Let me know how it goes bro. I made a thread about the tc change. Would like to hear your input.