test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with mobs and etc

So I decided to try and work on my foundry quest which I haven't done in a loong time, and am having a problem. So I have two separate rooms which are both on same map but only traversable through teleporters. One room (which you dont start in) has mobs. From what I read in this board, the teleporters (which I remember used to be instantaneous) now for some reason have a loading screen in foundry (but are instant in live). Problem is, when I try to go to the room with mobs, the mobs are gone, but if I start the game from that room, the mobs are there. Am I right to assume that mobs disappear when I go through the loading screen from the teleporter? Or am I not? I mean, the are suppose to be spawned at start, and you are on the same map as them, only being separated by teleports.

I tried to do a solution where they spawn after you reach a dialogue point, so I tried creating an NPC to spawn. However, when I do test the map, I cannot talk with the NPC. The game gives me no option to interact with it. Can I not create random contacts that you can talk with that is not part of the main story quest line?

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Every time you use a teleporter in the foundry, all objectives are completed and the whole quest is ended.

Instead, you need to use "play from -> the objective you want to test" and move the player spawn point to a nearby point.

Yeah, I know, it sucks, yeah we reported it, yeah, we reported it several times, crickets....

They work as intended in live server.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Update: It seems they're going to fix it.

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice

Foundry

General

Using a teleporter in Preview mode no longer breaks the logic and state of the currently previewed map.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.