test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gear Questions

ritosin#8429 ritosin Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I am a GWF, DPS, and been looking at guides and gear and such, but I always question 'why didnt they use this instead' ect.

So currently two questions:
Dragonflight Set, vs Dusk set.

Dusk: (2 piece) gets +5000 hp, +1000 strenght/defence
Dragonflight (3 piece) gets +2000 hp and only +500 strenght.

So isnt Dusk set better than dragonflight?
-------------
Lostmauth's Hoard: 3 of set: Do an additional hit for Weapon Damage on a Critical Hit.
vs
Demon Lords' Immortality Set: 3 of set: Deal up to 20% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target.

I find about a split between the two of thoses both say there Best in Slot, but to me it seems +20% damage would be better than a extra swing wouldnt it?

Comments

• Options
    haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    You are correct on both counts: 2 dusk + 2 others (like DF) is indeed best (for group PvE content), and Demon Lords set became significantly better than Lostmauth's after the nerf (assuming you can make up the loss of Armor Penetration by other means).
  • Options
    ritosin#8429 ritosin Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Okay thats what I thought, ((and more or less what I was aiming for, loseing the 2 set for dusk seems wasteful...))
  • Options
    yubit#2497 yubit Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I was gonna ask this too! But isn't Power and Def easier to come by than let's say... Crit? I'm on Xbox and one of my friends uses only one piece of DF, the Elemental Alliance hat and 2 pieces of Elven because of the crit stat on every piece.

Also I'm kinda lost, coz my ArmPen is always lacking and I don't even know what to use on my companion since Xbox doesn't have the Loyal Avenger gear :(
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    If you are seeking crit, 3 DF + el drowcraft raid vambraces, or adamant raid.
  • Options
    yubit#2497 yubit Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    And what do you recommend for companion? I have an active Fire Archon with Sudden precision +4 and Brutality +4, no talisman coz the decent ones are WAY too expensive, or should I change companion? D:
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2016

And what do you recommend for companion? I have an active Fire Archon with Sudden precision +4 and Brutality +4, no talisman coz the decent ones are WAY too expensive, or should I change companion? D:

I assume you mean summoned companion, right?

While I am no expert on the goings of console players, I'd consider giving the Con Artist a go.

3x Offense slots, a debuff, and 3x Ring slots, which goes well with your +4 Sudden Precision and Brutality, and all you need to do is shove another +4 Ring into your companion.

Also, you can give the Jewelcrafting stuff a go, although it is definetly no match for the Loyal Avenger stuff.

You can also give the Guild companion (x) gear a go: while it has an overload slot, you can get clever about what you put into that slot, like a Greater Corrupt Lethal overload (Black Ice overload) or a Greater Black Dragon glyph. Those are worth 800 Crit, comparable/slightly better than a Rank 12, but only at a fraction of the cost.

(Also, yay Farina avatar! *high fives fellow Fire Emblem fan*)
    Post edited by rjc9000 on