test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dreaded scammahs

hear alot of talk in zone chat about ppl scamming from trade, being new-ish, am now terrified to trade. whats the deal, what to look out for?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Mainly, use patience and pay a lot of attention. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure you take your time and review the 2nd window before accepting, as people have been known to switch things out and try to be really fast about it. Never do "trust" trades, where you do not directly trade the items and have to list something on the AH or buy something listed on the AH just to complete the trade. If you aren't sure of the value of the item, check the AH, and ask around.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Today a person was warning in zonechat about another player removing the first item listed in a trade at the last second.
    I don't use personal trading, so have no idea how that works.
    Just a warning. :smiley:

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • Options
    grendlerose#7658 grendlerose Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    thank you both, i understand more now, and i actually saw the guy in zone chat talking about that guy switching it out. wow. just wow.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Also when selling for gold, people sometimes put the amount in silver. Seems a lot of people fall for it...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox