test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guilds in General

rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
I was wonder if the game would allow for 1 account to be in more than one Guild at a Time?
I like the guild I am in "For the Most part", but I want to and try and spread my wings so to speek.
Anyone KNOW for sure?
Thank You

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    You can be in as many guilds as you have characters.
  • Options
    rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User

Yes, you can have 50 characters in 50 different guilds if you want.

Ok thank You Sir. that really helps I want to saty loyal.. to a point.. but..

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    A lot of guilds usually frown upon members also being in other guilds, some have policies on not belonging to another major guild (personal banking ones usually being fine).
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Greycloaks have no rules against members being in other guilds as long as you don't use that split loyalty against us somehow (like alerting buddies to Cloak IWD pvp daily runs, etc - and, from experience, this sort of thing does happen... it's one reason I'm not a huge fan of certian large well-known pvp guilds....)

We really only have 3 Rules:

1: Play how you want (feel free to be in other guilds too)
    2: Don't be a jerk (by getting your other guild mates to grief us)
    3: if rule 1 and 2 conflict, see rule 1.

To me, any guild that considers itself casual-friendly should have no problem with you having toons in other guilds.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Sure - I think to phrase the Rules more simply: Do what you want until it causes harm to other players. Players would include, but wouldn't be limited to, guildmates. So you're right - if I got word of a guild member on another toon doing something disreputable, I'd still consider them in violation of the Rules. Being a jerk is being a jerk regardless of what your guild/alliance tag says.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    When I had 4 characters they were in 4 different Guilds, now I have 8 characters and , , , they are all in 1 Guild.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    kvet said:

To me, any guild that considers itself casual-friendly should have no problem with you having toons in other guilds.

I agree, have only one character in a guild, I recently got pushed into VP (second in command) and I was approached by another guild recently. They wanted ALL my characters to join. Sorry no deal. The guild I am in there is no membership rules, only that you respect the guild and its members. The leader works his job about 50 to 60 hours a week and has little time on various days to play. He has the guild allied with a massive (level 8 or 9) guild so that is a plus. What I am seeing by many guilds wanting ALL your characters and for you to be active is nothing more than slavery to the guild. Slavery to the game is bad enough, sorry folks I am not that big on bondage. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

kvet said:

I agree, have only one character in a guild, I recently got pushed into VP (second in command) and I was approached by another guild recently. They wanted ALL my characters to join. Sorry no deal. The guild I am in there is no membership rules, only that you respect the guild and its members. The leader works his job about 50 to 60 hours a week and has little time on various days to play. He has the guild allied with a massive (level 8 or 9) guild so that is a plus. What I am seeing by many guilds wanting ALL your characters and for you to be active is nothing more than slavery to the guild. Slavery to the game is bad enough, sorry folks I am not that big on bondage.
    Good thing you changed your sig then... the old one sort of went against that statement! ;)

As for the multiple guilds thing... well I can see the pros and cons of doing so, and I guess at the end of the day it really comes down to the guilds one belongs to. I personally don't see anything wrong with being in more than one guild! :)
    @samaka#2511