test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ring of Ambush not activating.

(Am playing with a TR, strictly PvE)

Prior to the new update, the Ring of Ambush would proc after certain amount of time causing adds to pause, with the purple ? indicating the PC is outta sight, and one could go about flanking etc.
Now it fails to activate entirely. I have tested as follows using +4 RoA, other rings activate, not RoA.

Ran in sight and out of sight of adds for over 60 seconds,
Switched ring to other finger
Used only RoA and empty other finger, both hands
Wore two different rings (watched them activate) the switched back to RoA and tried methods above
Switched original ring to another RoA +4, and tried methods above.
Took off ring and logged out. Logged in and tried all methods above.

Game Master Chyro was gracious enough to examine my complaint further and acknowledged a possible unreported bug, yet I've not seen much online from others.

Thanks for any attention!

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    It's possible you are right that the ring isn't working at all.

With the most recent patch, they reduced the radius, fixed the bug where mobs wouldn't see you regardless of how close you were at all, and made it so it doesn't proc when mounted.

Those changes all told made the ring drastically less effective (especially no mounted proc), even if it were working properly, so most people switched away as soon as the patch hit. So that might be why you aren't seeing other bug posts... because everyone deemed the ring junk and took it off without even testing it!
  • maknaal#8079 maknaal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Really? Unless I totally missed it, I'm sure that wasn't in the patch notes either.
    Hopefully it's bugged and not nerfed as a result of the PvP kvetching.
  • nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Its nerfed and rightly so.