test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dreadtheft + Hand of Blight Simultaneously

I might just be dumb and didn't notice this was possible before :-)

I've noticed that if I am casting Dreadtheft and an enemy comes within melee range, that Hand of Blight can also be used at the same time. It doesn't work at range, but closeup I can do both together and get the damage that goes with it. Is it a bug, or by design?

In anycase, I thought I would share as it boosts my DPS quite alot :-)

Comments

• Options
    Dreadtheft and essence defiler (kind of) work too, you can build up your SS mid dread very quickly.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You also can pick up dead teammates :)
  • Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    You can use any ability with a short enough animation and still maintain dreadtheft. Hellish Rebuke works extremely well.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    If I use DT I combine it with Killing Flames so it's buffed to max :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    If you hit DT followed by KF you only get that encounter on CD, but he deals no damage at all, casting a Soulscorch after starting DT doesn´t work either, no damage, only wasted one encounter, Arms of hadar same as HoB..no damage :(
    so picking up teammates is the best to do, and it´s good for the teamspirit
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Oh, I did a lot of DT+KF even in PvP and it works like a charm.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Latency is prolly a factor
  • Options
    it does not appear on act and I can´t see any damagenumbers, 100%
    So it doesn´t work in my case only I guess , damn
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I'll have to try this out on console :)
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    Is this a bug? I've come to rely on it, would suck to see it patched
  • Options
    sev7nforumssev7nforums Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It looks like you can only use instant casts during certain moments of dreadthefts channel. If i try to use hellish rebuke once during the dreadtheft channel then it usually does not work but if I start spamming hellish rebuke it will cast every now and then during the dreadtheft channel.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Just saw this thread--

WB + DT + Instant cast of KF (must keep your aim reticle on target) grants +37.5% damage effectiveness. This works in PvP but is difficult to pull off due to latency, aiming, and the potential to be interrupted by CC.

I cannot get this combo to work by replacing KF with SS as the animation is too long, causing the SS encounter to be canceled.

Do not feel guilty about using this combo. Many other classes have encounters/dailies that can be used in this fashion and/or have their animation canceled.

Edit: DT by itself gives +25.0% effectiveness.