test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scourge Warlock Mod 10

So with all the changes to Warlock in mod 10 I'm left with a free respec and feeling a little lost as I can't find any answers online.. I really like pet classes in MMO's so SB Damnation fit me great but do I need to respec to something else now to ensure my build stays optimal? Tips from experienced players would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dvaidpr#0944 dvaidpr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Another disgruntled SB damnation lock here. Looks like the entire pet path has been rendered useless. Also looking for a new good daily to replace tyrannical threat.
  • Options
    russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    TT is still good but not much AoE from it now. Gates of Hell (if you're HB) hits for 250k+ per taget. Nice for posting a quick mill on the board.

If you really like Damnation, the real question becomes "Can my puppet deal more than 60% of my damage?" Creeping death is just 60% of your dps regurgitated. I haven't tested Damnation today but our highest dps, imo, is SB Fury. Unless you can get the puppet to meet the standard mentioned.

Until we get the Owlbear Cub, HB isn't viable.
  • Options

TT is still good but not much AoE from it now. Gates of Hell (if you're HB) hits for 250k+ per taget. Nice for posting a quick mill on the board.

If you really like Damnation, the real question becomes "Can my puppet deal more than 60% of my damage?" Creeping death is just 60% of your dps regurgitated. I haven't tested Damnation today but our highest dps, imo, is SB Fury. Unless you can get the puppet to meet the standard mentioned.

Until we get the Owlbear Cub, HB isn't viable.

I'm guessing not, have already seen people shouting for fury only warlocks for Mdemo, CN etc.
    It's really depressing..

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    LOL....you should have received a respect token. I know I got one for free on my GF. All I had to do was go into my Feat area, scroll to the bottom and click respect and I was able to respect my characters.

Also, if you ran through all missions you can buy one with the additional free respect token that is account bound. One of many reasons why we should not power level our characters to end game.
  • Options

LOL....you should have received a respect token. I know I got one for free on my GF. All I had to do was go into my Feat area, scroll to the bottom and click respect and I was able to respect my characters.

Also, if you ran through all missions you can buy one with the additional free respect token that is account bound. One of many reasons why we should not power level our characters to end game.

I did, the issue is though I really wanted to stay damnation, I love my soul puppet he/she has been with me through a lot. ;(
    Can't find ANY Mod 10 damnation builds though..

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I did, the issue is though I really wanted to stay damnation, I love my soul puppet he/she has been with me through a lot. ;(

Soul Puppet was broken and why the damnation build was so strong and now it is not broken and why it is not OP any more.

Just like GF into the fray was OP and did a major boost to team mates damage and now is fixed.

The devs are constantly trying to balance out the game but with increasing stats it becomes a problem and over time what may have balance today could become an issue tomorrow. This happens in MMOs and games when the devs fixes the problem what is yesterday's build is today's not wanted build any more.

GF had some abilities nerfed as well and it has impacted that class just as much as SW.

DC had some things fixed and now you can longer super stack power using Blessing of Battle.

I'm glad the devs are working towards balancing in this game. And hopefully one day they get it fixed.
  • Options
    mike#3500 mike Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have read in a few threads that folks received free respec tokens after the upgrade. Was this supposed to happen for everyone, cuz I did not receive one and my only character at the moment is a scourge warlock..
  • Options
    azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    The token isn't in your inventory. Just go to respec and it will say you have a free one.
  • Options
    twintails70sw#8053 twintails70sw Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Hey onewing. check out "Garlaanx" Sw builds on Youtube. he really knows his stuff and has great informational vids.
  • Options

Hey onewing. check out "Garlaanx" Sw builds on Youtube. he really knows his stuff and has great informational vids.

Hey!

Ive actually spoken to him on youtube yesterday, he said in terms of DPS damnation is lower than fury, but he's working on a support type damnation build so looking forward to seeing that.
  • Options
    ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    null
    Does he have a mod 10 build ? I subscribed to his channel but haven't seen any mod 10 yet
  • Options

null

Does he have a mod 10 build ? I subscribed to his channel but haven't seen any mod 10 yet

Not yet, says they are "coming soon".
  • Options
    ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    null
    Ok thank you
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User

You can still use the puppet with Fury, just use the murderous flames feat and make sure Killing Flames is one of your encounters and you use it for the killing blow on an enemy. It can be done, it just requires more care.

• Options
    Bit the bullet and went HB fury.. love the damage but the melee orientated combat is driving me insane to the point I don't enjoy it at all. hard choosing between damage and enjoyment of a class..
  • Options
    SB Fury is viable now...if you want good damage and ranged attacks. I switched from SB Damnation to SB Fury and it is noticeably stronger.

You don't have to go HB Fury, just because one guy with a 4k item level told you too.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    HB is more for the party buff than anything too. It really comes down to how you want to play because SB is more self contained buffs that rely on the warlock where HB can get nearly as strong but pillars makes it party friendly however it requires players in the group to actually stand on the buff or its pointless. That is why if you random a lot, i would stick to SB.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I respecced to HB Fury and I'm actually doing more damage now, personally I'm loving it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    HB Fury is strong on pc because they have the Owlbear cub companion that procs every half second with pillar of power....PS4 doesnt have that companion, so you are probably better to stick with SB Fury for now.
  • Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Does anyone actually HAVE a good SB/Fury build with rotations that they will POST ?
  • Options
    chimerax said:

Does anyone actually HAVE a good SB/Fury build with rotations that they will POST ?

I pretty much copied Fernus feats for Fury...with the 15 points in temptation to get Dark Revelry. It works very well on PS4 as an SB Fury build too.
  • Options
    sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User

chimerax said:

I pretty much copied Fernus feats for Fury...with the 15 points in temptation to get Dark Revelry. It works very well on PS4 as an SB Fury build too.
    I agree. works pretty good on ps4. I still get out DPS'd by GWF that's equal IL but that's to be expected. I've had quite a few comments and TY's from people from the POP buff/debuffs and DR that i've been supplying in groups.
  • Options
    gduff#9306 gduff Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I haven't reached lvl 70 yet, but i made the change from SB damnation to SB fury for my lvl 62 warlock and i have to say it feels much more powerful. I enjoy that i don't have to rely on my pet for buffs and he can still serve a useful role by taking aggro off me. I did have to start equipping a few more defensive minded abilities to compensate for the loss of some of the heal/life steal/damage reduction feats from the damnation tree. But even still, i do significantly more damage and don't really notice that i don't have 3 offensive encounter powers mapped. I replaced my normal openers with infernal spheres/BOVA so i have to begin encounters with essence defiler to stack SS to use soul scorch and then killing flames. It takes a little bit to get going but once you are there it is most impressive. The role play aspect bothered me a little at first (not a solely DPS class in my mind) and it does lack some utility, but i'm very much over that now as i am burning $#!% down for fun.