test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR proformance

darcblade#3246 darcblade Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Thieves' Den
Hi

Im new to neverwinter on PS4 and my first class was the TR ( I'm a sucker for stealth based classes) but there are a so many problems with the class compared to my other toon the GF.

**Warning long rant incoming**

Most of the issues are PVP related;

- TRs at wills are kinda wonky, the first one is my favorite( sly flourish) but it underpreforms duelist furry yet I dispise duelist furry because:

1. Locks you in place during the flurry animation which sucks if a target is moving forcing you to reposition.

2. Can't use encounters or dailies until animation finishes

- TRs deception blows in PvP, of you are close enough to your target they get a glimpse of you. Why! I thought you're supposed to be invisible.

- TRs encounter powers both deal low dmg and have long cool downs, GFs gap closer deals more dmg than lashing blade (if used without stealth and entering stealth just warns your target that a lashing blade is incoming promoting then to block or dodge) while having a short cooldown to where it's spammable.

- TRs have very limited builds options and imbalances between paragon paths , I run WK TR because I enjoy it more but most end game PVP TRs are MI SE spamming TRs that one shot people. In addtion MI has an amazing skill that WK is lacks ITC. After doing digging on viable PVP TR builds almost all are MIs so I'm pretty much shooting myself in the foot here playing WK.

My solutions:

1. Make sly flourish competitive with duelist flurry, I'd live to use that at will instead of the wonky DF

2. When near a target with deception active you should be seen briefly( 1 sec then hidden for 3 sec) this wouldn’t change burst builds and perma stealh builds can be more efficient

3. Please increase the dmg of dazing strike, GFs Flourish skill has a low CD and deals more dmg addtionaly it stuns AND roots you so you can't move at all. Lowering the CD of deft strike would be nice to.

4. This one would take extensive balancing to make both paragons viable so not much to say here for me but I would like a skill similar to ITC, I know vengance pursuit can do the same thing but you need to hit a target first.

Questions? Critics? Comments?

Ok rant over
- darcblade
Post edited by darcblade#3246 on

Comments

• Options
    ug2bkug2bk Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    1) df at any animation part is dodge-cancellable.
    2) flurry part = cc-immune.
    3) before the flurry, you've got like 0.7-1sec to change target/run or jump to your target (runspeed matters)

I liked sf quite much, ignoring df, then I've forced myself to learn what df really can do.

TR/other classes, wk/mi...
    Just too old story. Seems to me, tr left somethere in <m6 and the rest are >m6. Can't think of better explanation, just wait for rebalance.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    3 is such a useful tip, I wonder how many TRs are unaware of it. Fantastic for both PvE and PvP.
    Swat at target 1; flurry target 2.
  • Options
    No other comments? Is the post to long?
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I dont play pvp at all but from what i have seen ppl already complain because SE can 1-shot, because we can have perma stealth, because we can have very high deflect and deflect severity, so making us better would only cause more complain which may result in a nerf which would make us possibly worse than we were. Also many here said that TR is fine as it is, most balanced of all classes.
    From my perspective as pure PVE player, only problem i have is long encounter cooldowns, which in longer trash fights costs me to lose damage because im just standing there and hitting 1 target with atwill.

Solution: Making Sly Flourish aoe, nerf the damage if it would be too strong with the current damage, but it would help a lot.
  • Options
    I see, yeah long encounter CDs are a pain. I like sly flourish the way it is but I would like shorter CDs and more balance between WK and MI right now MI>>>WK in both pvp and pve.
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I do feel your pain but you are going to have to understand that the powers that be don't give a rat's you know what about balance in PVP. They also could care less about balance in TR paths. I've played WK since it became available and it's utterly inferior to an MI. I don't play MI because it's so ridiculously stupid in it's no risk hi reward SE spamming idiocy... No skill required. It's utterly silly... Yet utterly effective at killing toons. If you choose WK you must play a support role. You have NO burst damage and no speed advantage. You have to learn to do the small things that make teams win. Usually that means being in a 2 or 3 on 1 situation knowing you will die but trolling the enemy to stay engaged with you and hoping your teammates cap. Until SE is brought into line and TR at wills and encounters buffed, that's the way it is.

As to DF... Learn to use it. It's your strongest way to do damage. It's difficult to master and takes anticipation to understand where your enemy is dodging to and not where they are. Learn to utilize CB to make it far more effective. As DHS is useless in PVP, as a WK you must use COS and find ways to get in close and DF... Roll away and repeat.

As to the rest of your rant... It's not so much about TR's... It's about the foolishness of class imbalance. The GF just had it's class balancing and went from a grossly overpowered controlling proning undamagable uber burst damaging one shotting tank to a grossly overpowered controlling proning undamagable uber burst damaging one shotting tank. And is quicker than you. And wait til you meet the latest bug abusing GWF'S. And there's more of them every day.

Point is, if you want to play a WK.. You are going to have to embrace an inferior build and enjoy the challenge of trying to out skill and outwit other classes that have superior build dynamics. A good result as a WK is 3 kills 1 death and 15 assists. It's about the best you can do unless you really outgeared your opponents in which case you'll wreck them.
    Post edited by chestnut13 on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @chestnut13

Thanks for the advice and I believe you are right.
    I've been using sly flourish lately and it works in PVP doing ample dmg.

Unfortunately I have succumbed to MI path not because of SE cheese but because it has ITC and without it you will die to any HR or CW, it's unfortunate how imbalanced to paragon paths are.

I guess one think I would like changed is making dazing strike hit a little harder.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    There are other amazing options for trying
    Like banelornes approach

MY main attack is df,
    Secondare at will is gloaming strike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!