test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you still power level in stronghold or has there been changes?

drunkendemom#1717 drunkendemom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Because exp has gone down for each encounter

Answers

• millertime#6194 millertime Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would love to know the answer to this. I was there solo earlier and XP was horrific. Wondering if the XP is larger when more people are in a group or if heroics have been increased.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I believe in the patch notes it says that the EXP had been scaled to match the actual level of your character - so yes there have been changes, and the 0-60 in one hour and 42 seconds that we did on double exp weekend is gone.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Due to the release of pre-made level 70 character XP has been adjusted based on your character level in the strong hold. This means if you go in at level 4, experience will be more inline with what you would get for a kill vs. a level 4 monster than a level 70 monster.

The devs would rather us pay $50 and get a premade toon than power level one and I'm glad they did this as now those pre-made are an additional revenue stream for the game and it long term future.

• mcxanatosmcxanatos Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Due to the release of pre-made level 70 character XP has been adjusted based on your character level in the strong hold. This means if you go in at level 4, experience will be more inline with what you would get for a kill vs. a level 4 monster than a level 70 monster.

The devs would rather us pay $50 and get a premade toon than power level one and I'm glad they did this as now those pre-made are an additional revenue stream for the game and it long term future.

Not to mention a brand new player can't pop up to level 60 in 2 hours of starting the game and then run around like a chicken with it's head cut off going "I bet this skill works great! *spam and die*"
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    We did the math last night and purchasing a level 70 is far more beneficial than creating one, running it then purchasing the goodies that they give you with the package. A purple mount, two giant bags, plus not having to run EE... Not to mention all of the other things that it comes with. The only thing they aren't giving you is any knowledge on how to play the character.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

We did the math last night and purchasing a level 70 is far more beneficial than creating one, running it then purchasing the goodies that they give you with the package. A purple mount, two giant bags, plus not having to run EE... Not to mention all of the other things that it comes with. The only thing they aren't giving you is any knowledge on how to play the character.

The $50 gets you this.

Level 70 Character. 2 Runic Bags, Epic Owlbear Cub, and EE campaign completed.

2 runic bags is $32 and an epic Owl bear cub would be around $25. These three items alone cost around $50. Plus you get everything else that they give for the character. An epic artifact, completion of leveling missions and EE campaign completed.

That $50 price is pretty decent IMO. But I'm in no position to buy a pre-made character and if I had some funds I would.

• ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User

ravenskya said:

The $50 gets you this.

Level 70 Character. 2 Runic Bags, Epic Owlbear Cub, and EE campaign completed.

2 runic bags is $32 and an epic Owl bear cub would be around $25. These three items alone cost around $50. Plus you get everything else that they give for the character. An epic artifact, completion of leveling missions and EE campaign completed.

That $50 price is pretty decent IMO. But I'm in no position to buy a pre-made character and if I had some funds I would.

I just can't seem too find out if some of those items (Bags & Mount) are bound to that pre-made-70, or could be traded to other character's on the same account, or even sold in the AH.

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Its not an owlbear cub... thats a companion we cant get on PS4. Its an adult version mount. If that pack gave the cub companion I would buy it just for that but I do not think the value is as great as what many believe. This is just a way to make alternate character grinding expensive in real world money or incredibly boring otherwise since you are forced to slowly level any new characters you make to 70 once again. I would be fine with just the pack but somehow they think by nerfing xp gain this in any benefits anyone is absurd.

The people with money for that pack would have bought it regardless of the xp nerf and those that cant afford are left suffering an even longer grind. Wont keep me from playing but Im not overly thrilled at having to run the same boring story areas over and over for each character. Its not even a matter of time because even with nerf the regular campaign areas take maybe a week or so to easily get 60 playing casually and the Elemental campaign can get you to 70 in another week without much effort.
  • twintails70sw#8053 twintails70sw Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I usually farm the giants in Icewind Dale, to the left of where you start. 20+ of them i believe. more Xp than the giants in Spinward Rise. only had 2 rank 8 Azures w/xp boost and didn't take too long to level up. the more xp boosts the better.