test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adamantine Gauntlets (Arcane Coffer) Dread Ring

So I finally broke down and upgraded the gauntlets despite feeling like it would be a waste. I was impressed when I saw the list of rewards. However since obtaining the Adamantin Gauntlets in the Dread Ring Campaign all I receive are Lesser Power, Stability, Union Stones. If I recall, there were only two green items listed in the reward list and one was Lesser Potency, not Stones. idk if the Gauntlets just aren't working properly or ? but figured I'd point it out. More often than not I was receiving gray stones or 2-5 level 5 enchantments with the other gloves.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    All the Gauntlets do is add new items to the drop table, it does not remove the ones added from the lower level gloves or the original drops. You are still going to get lower level items with a chance, just a chance of the newer items.
  • sarges24#0702 sarges24 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    that doesn't seem right. unfortunately I used the gauntlets earlier so can't look at the loot table tonight. scratch that, Wiki...

The Adamantine Gauntlet can retrieve 1 of the following:
    1 Eye of Lathander Rare Artifact (Green)
    1 Mark of Potency (Blue)
    1 Lesser Mark of Potency (Green)
    1 Power Stone (Blue)
    1 Stability Stone (Blue)
    1 Union Stone (Blue)
    1 Greater Power Stone (Purple)
    1 Greater Stability Stone (Purple)
    1 Greater Union Stone (Purple)
    1 Rank 6 Enchantment (Blue)
    1 Weapon or Armor Enhancement Shard (Blue)

Furthermore, According to the description in game for each gauntlet it states, "It retrieves greater rewards than a Mithral Gauntlet." As does Mithral say about greater rewards than Platinum and so on. If it also contains less rewards it should be stated as such. I figured it would be a waste and from what I've seen it is. When using an Adamantine Gauntlet you should receive one of the rewards in the description or it should be updated to either show all lesser rewards or state including rewards from X other gauntlets as well. No where does it imply or say that lesser rewards are still in the loot table.

My Platinum Gauntlets got me mainly gray Power, Stability, Union stones but green maybe 2-3x a week or Rank 5 enchantments. So now after upgrading Platinum to Mithral and now Adamantine it's all Green?

Zephyriah, if that is in fact true then they need to update the loot table when viewing the gloves in your inventory and the description of in the "task detail" needs to be adjusted then.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    It says it "can", not that it will. It's just like opening lockboxes, you can get good things but will likely get trash. It will retrieve greater items but it never says it will 100% of the time, most of the time it won't because the loot table is filled with more lower items than higher items. They purposely use vague terms and never give specific commitments on chests, boxes and the like.

It's still worth upgrading since it only costs campaign currencies. I've found two Eyes in three years across all platforms, both on PC.
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The loot tables in the wiki for platinum and mithral are the same, is that a typo in the wiki? I assume there has to be at least one upgrade on the mithral?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Platinum_Gauntlet

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mithral_Gauntlet