test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pitiful drops for rank 12 Dragon Hoard and Quartermaster enchants

meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Just ran all of Sharendar an got 1 bag and a minor resonance and and lesser resonance stone.
I have 2 rank 12 Dragon Hoard and 1 rank 12 Quartermaster enchants in my gear.
I have put plenty of real money in this game and i expect better!

Comments

• deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I've never had that good odds with those enchantments, though mine aren't as good. If you are really looking for good refinement drops you are better off with the mount power Wanderer's Fortune. At least until that gets nerfed.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    They all have an internal cooldown, so if you did some other runs before, your drops are near zero. Swich characters and add a feyblessing.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I've got an R12 Dragon's Hoard on my main, and just let whatever drops accumulate until a x2 Refinement weekend and then move the stones to my alts. I made the R12 to enable me to just have a single refinement drop enchant and free the other slots for R12 darks.

I've found the best way to get guaranteed refinement points is to have several toons with L25 Leadership. Takes a while, but the output can really add up.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Enchants that give you a chance to have a drop are simply another rng devs you to hamster us up
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    They all have an internal cooldown, so if you did some other runs before, your drops are near zero. Swich characters and add a feyblessing.

I guess you didn't read my post I ran all of Shar. and got 3 items from all 3 map,and gee wiz maybe I did much better before.
  • arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    It's about time they made change to the CD / cap. For the investment you make in these enchants my thoughts are you should be able to achieve a enough RP to make a legendary piece of artifact gear in about 3 - 4 months so they should drop around 16k - 22k RP per combat hour ( Based on 2 hours a day of combat over 90 - 120 Days ).
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    meerchaum said:

I guess you didn't read my post I ran all of Shar. and got 3 items from all 3 map,and gee wiz maybe I did much better before.

I had terrible drops with 6% chance on my QMs, 10.5% comes out to ~10 bags before the ICD kicks in so I usually net around 10-30 a day.

It's about time they made change to the CD / cap. For the investment you make in these enchants my thoughts are you should be able to achieve a enough RP to make a legendary piece of artifact gear in about 3 - 4 months so they should drop around 16k - 22k RP per combat hour ( Based on 2 hours a day of combat over 90 - 120 Days ).

Most people just slot r8s because r12s are a waste of AD and RP so there isn't much investment involved I've only got DHEs on my GF and I still usually get ~750k RP between 2x events. On my CW I have 4 r9 and 1 r10 QM and I usually net ~300-400 bags a month. During 2x enchants that's ~800-900 r6s, ~50 r7s, and a stack of minor reso stones. Or ~ 1.3m AD worth of RP that I don't have to spend AD on.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

emilemo said:

Enchants that give you a chance to have a drop are simply another rng devs you to hamster us up

Unfortunately, due to Cryptic's abysmal handling of the bot issue, most of us are left with little choice but to use these RNG enchants if they ever want to obtain mythical gear. At least, I'm not buying RP from the zen store to compensate for it. Are you?
    Oh Im using them too. My pve gear is enchanted with dragon hoards, its just that at this point im not even paying attention to how much i get from them.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I may be way off here as my memory isnt what it once was but I thought those enchants had internal cooldowns that was shared by the same type. There was a lengthy discussion on the forums some time ago on this subject.

As I understand it they work for a certain amount of time than go on cooldown and than work again. And the same type share this cooldown so it doesnt matter if you have one or 10 r12s of Dragon hoard when the cooldown starts none work than they all work when its off cooldown.

From reading the previous posts and asking in game my understanding is the different types of utility do not share this cooldown. This is why i choose to slot one of each DH,Fey,Tymora and slotted a couple QM rwhatever i had in the extra utility.

I have not tested all this myself just what I read before and info gathered from questions in game. I could be totally off but I always seem to get drops.

Again this is just what I gathered from reading other forum posts and others so I could be totally wrong here.
    throsbi said:

I may be way off here as my memory isnt what it once was but I thought those enchants had internal cooldowns that was shared by the same type. There was a lengthy discussion on the forums some time ago on this subject.

As I understand it they work for a certain amount of time than go on cooldown and than work again. And the same type share this cooldown so it doesnt matter if you have one or 10 r12s of Dragon hoard when the cooldown starts none work than they all work when its off cooldown.

From reading the previous posts and asking in game my understanding is the different types of utility do not share this cooldown. This is why i choose to slot one of each DH,Fey,Tymora and slotted a couple QM rwhatever i had in the extra utility.

I have not tested all this myself just what I read before and info gathered from questions in game. I could be totally off but I always seem to get drops.

Again this is just what I gathered from reading other forum posts and others so I could be totally wrong here.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I wonder if a Developer or Moderator could con firm this?
    Yesterdays run in Shar was better about 3 fold but still weak.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Enchanted coffers should always drop 1 r5 + whatever.. this would solve our problem with these gating. There is simply not enough in the game atm.. typically 4-5 hours of game play can net you less then a dozen.

I do not like QMs was opposed to them and here is why, newer players cant pay millions for them and its a crappy way to gate these things.. there has to be a way to make this more reasonable on newer players.
    There is. You help your guildies, by giving them 10 rank 5 quartermaster enchants to refine up and pretty soon you have 20 or 30 players putting bags of stuff in the the coffer and no one has to pick up junk to feed the Surplus Equipment slot. I only raised mine to a 12 for the item level and I help my guildies level them to a 8 or 9 where needed.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I am talking specifically for a way for new players to get more r5s into thier inventory to refine with.. Salvage .. can be done easier enough with doing dragonflight.. thats the way more of the bigger builds did thier coffers.. hundreds and hundreds and thousands of dragonflights.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    meerchaum said:

There is. You help your guildies, by giving them 10 rank 5 quartermaster enchants to refine up and pretty soon you have 20 or 30 players putting bags of stuff in the the coffer and no one has to pick up junk to feed the Surplus Equipment slot. I only raised mine to a 12 for the item level and I help my guildies level them to a 8 or 9 where needed.

I passed out some r7 QMs to the members that are on the most. Haven't had the resources to make more yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    Dragon's hoard are surely a waste of resources. This is sad because RP is useful... Wanderer's fortune also gives far less than 4% chance for a kill.
    Ran Shar again kill everything i saw and got 2 minor res stones. What is going on?
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    My belief is the bags are only good to donate to the Guild Coffer

that said many of my Guild Brothers and Sisters swear by them

Opinions very
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Those dragon hoard enchants used to be real good. They nerfed them into the ground and never changed the tooltip to tell you exactly how they work. I used to go farm refining stuff for hours.....i also noticed alot of bots doing the same.....i knew it was only a matter of time before something was done in the name of "anti botting".

twitch.tv/kaligold
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    There definitely seems to be something wrong with these enchants. My single regular dragons hoard (2%) produces almost 5x-10x the amount of goods as my QMs (1x7, 2x8, 1x9) for 6%. Last night, I didn't receive a single bag during a solid hour of killing stuff at my level. It would be nice if they posted how these cool downs work so we can actually use the enchantment that is taking up 4 of my utility slots just to get decent bag openings...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Enchanted coffers should always drop 1 r5 + whatever.. this would solve our problem with these gating. There is simply not enough in the game atm.. typically 4-5 hours of game play can net you less then a dozen.

I do not like QMs was opposed to them and here is why, newer players cant pay millions for them and its a crappy way to gate these things.. there has to be a way to make this more reasonable on newer players.

We are probably not playing in the same content. I got much more than a dozen r5 in a 4-5 hours game play. Probably, a dozen in an hour or less.

You don't need to pay million for QM. For getting drop, you don't need high level QM. It matters when you open them. At that moment, you need some high level. And, you don't need r12. What you need is 4 r9 and 1 r10 (at the moment you open the bags in 2xenchantment) to get r6, r7 drop. New player can collect bags for a long while for all their toons. They don't need high level QM for collecting.

When they can get one set of 4 r9 and 1 r10, it can be used for all toons (the whole account) to open the bags.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Who said I opened them? The bags dropped due to the Quartermaster enchant go to the coffer for surplus equipment. I raised the enchant levels to 12 for Item level and to get more of the upper level drops as advertised. oh and i made all my rank 12 enchants and out of all of the 20 or so, I used 3 coals.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    meerchaum said:

Who said I opened them? The bags dropped due to the Quartermaster enchant go to the coffer for surplus equipment. I raised the enchant levels to 12 for Item level and to get more of the upper level drops as advertised. oh and i made all my rank 12 enchants and out of all of the 20 or so, I used 3 coals.

IMO, that would be a waste. There are better way and cheaper way to get surplus equipment. One stack of r6 (although account bound) is good for multiple late level upgrade for Artifact and Enchantment. These days I used those (because account bound) as feeding RP and sell r4 and r5 stacks. Use profession to make surplus equipment is cheaper, faster and easier. Almost no RNG (there is RNG to decide how many crates you make).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***