test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mount speed question

drb48#5483 drb48 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Yesterday I noticed that another player with the identical mount [armored boar, a +50% mount] was moving at what appeared to be double my speed - as though he was on a +110% mount. How is that possible? Could the increased speed be due to a different mount in his stable granting him a big speed bonus even though he wasn't on it?

Comments

• Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User

How is that possible? Could the increased speed be due to a different mount in his stable granting him a big speed bonus even though he wasn't on it?

Yes
  • Options
    Thanks. So do those bonuses stack? If so, given multiple legendary mounts, what's the theorhetical max mount speed? Is there a formula?
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    You pick which speed you want to go, 50% if all you have are green mounts, 80% if all you have are blue, 110% if you have a purple, or 130% if you have a legendary.

They do not stack, you simply select your speed for ALL mounts in your stable based on the fastest mount that you own. So, if you own an epic mount all your mounts can go 110%, if you own two epic mounts you can still only go 110% speed. :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options

They do not stack, you simply select your speed for ALL mounts in your stable based on the fastest mount that you own. So, if you own an epic mount all your mounts can go 110%, if you own two epic mounts you can still only go 110% speed. :)

Ahhh. Thanks. I didn't notice the ability to change my mount speed before. Doh.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    In addition, that person might also use SH boon to speed up the ride too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

In addition, that person might also use SH boon to speed up the ride too.

And the actual SH boon bonus amount depends on what they have their stable upgraded to. So lots of reasons someone on the very same mount as you can go at different speeds.
  • Options
    Good info thanks.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

You pick which speed you want to go, 50% if all you have are green mounts, 80% if all you have are blue, 110% if you have a purple, or 130% if you have a legendary.

Legendary is 140%.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

Legendary is 140%.

Yes, indeed you are correct. No idea why I typed 130% :blush:
    @samaka#2511