test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add +5 Rings to the Twisted Ichor Store

revjimjonesrevjimjones Member Posts: 953 Arc User
So I understand that making things difficult to get is a thing, but please add these to the Store even at some outrageous cost in twisted Ichor this would give the grind an ending point instead of a endless RNG (To get a drop) in a RNG (To get the RIng you want) Grind to get the item you want for your build. 200 Ichor is 100 GOLD wins, 100 Keys, I am quite sure people would buy keys to make this happen buying KEys = Zen Sales.
Bump the PRice up I don't Care BUT GIVE ME AN ACHIEVABLE GOAL.

And avoid the Rings that no one really wants...

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yes pls.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Or, now that we are 2 modules ahead, add a trader that lets you trade already acquired +5 rings for +5 rings you actually want.

Edit: For clarification, any +5 ring is extremely rare which would make it a valid type of currency(I heard of many people who have run underdark dungeons several hundred times, hunting for desired +5 rings with no success). Heck, even any +5 ring plus 20 twisted ichor for a specific +5 ring would be great I think. This idea cannot be very gamebreaking, no?
    Post edited by uzala on
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    putting the +5 rings into a shop would just destroy their rareness, every person would get it on the server in some days. You want an achievable goal? Play the content until you get a +5 Ring.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

putting the +5 rings into a shop would just destroy their rareness, every person would get it on the server in some days. You want an achievable goal? Play the content until you get a +5 Ring.

in some days? make it cost like 200 to heck even up to 400 twisted ichor. that is 200 gold wins, 200 greater demonic keys, which you can only do one key a day, and thus forcing those who really wants to get those rings asap to buy and spend some zen keys, which is a massive win win to the game and to the players, by grinding something in the hopes of getting something in return, not like in its state today where people just gave up, running the content over and over again, and leaving with your gear not better off than before that horrible horrible grind.

Also, using twisted ichors as a base currency for it is a very very good idea. That way, those rewards are gonna be achieved by mostly players who spend a lot of time grinding that stuff up, instead of like most events where everything can be fast forwarded by zen. (Well actually you can also put out something in the zen store to make getting the currency faster which is another source of income for the game; i wouldnt spend on this like how i havent spend any on the game, but it is an idea that i think would be successful given the past knowledge of things).

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

That is like setting a goal to win the lottery.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    add exchange for +5 rings! i just wanna get a right ring, i don't need +5 rings of watching, please!!
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    At least add some ways to trade unwanted legendary rings for other ones
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    A choice of rings, why not. Legendary for seals isn't going to happen though. I'm still stuck with a char bound useless legendary FBI ring on my cw that would be perfect on my dc. Cryptic sure knows how to please us!
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I agree on trading +5 rings but don't like the idea of selling them anywhere
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Where have people been getting these mythical, legendary rings??? Never won one. seen plenty of +4s. I'm now waiting for the lockbox RNG version.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Thing is though - with a low chance you get a high chance of variation. You could have got the same ring 4 times also or none at all. I agree with the proposal of at least being able to swap +5 rings, with an additional twisted ichor cost. In fact I feel that could extend to +4s too.
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    +1 to ring exchange. odds of getting a usable +5 are about the same is being afflicted by that brain-eating amoeba that kills 3 people every summer.
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It almost been a year since this module has been release, I have yet to get a single +5 ring not even one I didn't want. I have done enough of this content to get 5 twisted sets and a horde of armor for all classes and in some cases doubling up on armor just to keep from losing ichor. They really need to give us a non RNG way to get these rings, period......
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    They should do this only once the rings are no longer BIS, otherwise they are giving the carrot to the horse. This is what they call a success.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    To be fair, they could at last let us exchange/ select +5 rings from the same dungeon/ skirmish. Otherwise ppl would farm one dungeon/ skirmish for the highest 'ring' output and ignore the rest.

I am sure, that neither the other players nor I did run POM for its brilliant design or dazzling graphics, but for the +5 rising crit ring.

While I would love to exchange my two +5 Orcus rings for something useful, I dont think, that it would be fair, if I could exchange CN rings for the drops from any other underdark dungeon/ skirmish.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Any of the above ideas would be better than the current situation. Purchasing with Twisted Ichor would be great and would certainly motivate me to buy keys from the zen store.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    any update? @panderus let us trade unwanted rings pls.
    the rng is killing us
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Sad but I agree

• Options
    urlord283 said:

hastati96 said:

Sad but I agree

when you will have to pay 0.50 euros for attempt i guess their rareness will still be high enough
    i would rather play slot machines, i really may start doing it indeed
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Where have people been getting these mythical, legendary rings??? Never won one. seen plenty of +4s. I'm now waiting for the lockbox RNG version.

HA! Won 2 +4's just this last week!! Sudden Defense (meh) and Sudden Precision.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

You got like 2 more weeks to farm your +5 ring... after the key changes you will probably never ever get one.

Sad but true
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

At least add some ways to trade unwanted legendary rings for other ones

Great Idea