test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stacking Pet CA unreasonable? [PS4]

hawkwoodnhahawkwoodnha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Alright, so many of you helped me consider late game pets (I'm just north of 2000GS) and I wanted to ask if stacking combat advantage was a reasonable late game approach for my companion group (as I almost always play with a party). Here's what I'm looking at right now:

Fire Archon (In Play)
Intellect Devourer
Blink Dog
Staldorf
???

Is there some other path that will be vastly better for my DPS?

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Look at my post here:

reddit

direct link I think

I would use Earth arcon, Erinyess, Siege master witch perhaps one CA companion and not 3 CA companions.
    A 2k IL you probably don't see the Earth Arcon idea, but at 'late' game you will be with enough LS to have 100% health.
  • Options
    hawkwoodnhahawkwoodnha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks a ton! Would you recommend going with an Earth for the bonus and then a Fire to use bondings on?
    (Also do you get the additional .5% bonus on the Earth for having the Fire active or is the tooltip misleading and it just means .5% for other Earth Archons)
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    @micky1p00 hey I've read your comments on here and reddit and I appreciate everything you've been willing to share. Been playing tr on xboxone since the release. My question is, youve confirmed that the ca deal no longer applies and at best we should just be using one now? If so, I'll probably be moving to the earth archon for my tr and hr
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2016

@micky1p00 hey I've read your comments on here and reddit and I appreciate everything you've been willing to share. Been playing tr on xboxone since the release. My question is, youve confirmed that the ca deal no longer applies and at best we should just be using one now? If so, I'll probably be moving to the earth archon for my tr and hr

The CA companions were multiplicative, so once you get CA, you got 1.05^number of CA companions, doesn't meter if it was crit or not, and CA is very easy to get for TRs. So with one it's 5% dps boost, 2 is 10.25% boost and 3 is 15.7%.
    After the change it became much more problematic, you saw the non crit, I forgot to write the crit issue there.
    On crit CA added to crit severity (at least as assumed for now, need to recheck this) so on crit CA pet will be equal to the 5% crit severity blade, and that is not so good.
    So, IMO, it's situational, for example for dps GF, that can get perma CA with mark/ EF but their crit usually a bit lower and don't usually use vorpal, that can be interesting option, or SW with their non crit dots, not sure how they work with CA though. For high crit classes like TR, that use vorpal it's worse (though as I said the additivenes to crit should be retested, when it was tested long ago we didn't have the tools we have now, the fixed damage daggers) Still much better option than the crit severity blade itself, because you get the ~3.7 on non crit and the same on crit.

IMO Earth Arcon is a great option, I use it. And if you can find better things than CA companions, go for it, you can find better, but you can do worse.

edit: tagging for notification @raymond00713
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Imho the best option right now (considering 'available now' only companions) are:
    Fire Archon (active+bondings)
    Air Archon
    Earth Archon
    Siege Master
    Erinyes of Belial

While CA can be easily achieved using Infiltrators Action + Artifact Offhand bonus. I think that % DMG bonuses are the best, because it's working all the time, regardless of your item level, critical strike chance and any other factors.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    @micky1p00 thanks a lot for taking the time to respond. That all makes sense to me. Sorry it took a while to respond, didnt get notification even after you added my name. Had to come to this thread