test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Refining. Please help.

I have an artifact to feed into my Lostmauth Horn, my question is... Should I put refining stones into the feeder or wait until after I put the feeder into the Horn?

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Before, you want the feeder at least level 59 for the best results and 2XRP. And you don't want to feed it to the target artifact until you have more than one, if you can wait.

Best results is 4 level 59 feeders, 2 blanks, and target. The 2 feeders go into each blank and the upgraded blanks go into the target during 2XRP it's an instant Mythic. If you crit, you can sometimes save one.
  • Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Whaaat? I wish I understood this... I have a spare artifact or two.
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I have no idea what that means either. I've never seen a Feeder in the game.
  • Options
    thegreatwhitemo#3915 thegreatwhitemo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I assume that feeder = artifact that you'll use to refine into your target artifact. Sounds like they're saying you want 4 artifacts at level 59 for the most optimal results, but I'm not sure what blanks are. Once you put 2 of those "feeder" artifacts in the blank, the blank will be upgraded enough to give you a large bonus when refining; sounds like it may even get you to the cap level of your artifact.

Btw, I'm not sure how factual my interpretation is, or if this is what's trying to be relayed; it's merely what I took away from the post. Hopefully, that's what Zeph meant.
  • Options
    sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Before, you want the feeder at least level 59 for the best results and 2XRP. And you don't want to feed it to the target artifact until you have more than one, if you can wait.

Best results is 4 level 59 feeders, 2 blanks, and target. The 2 feeders go into each blank and the upgraded blanks go into the target during 2XRP it's an instant Mythic. If you crit, you can sometimes save one.

one level 59 artifact is worth 123920 refinement. x 5 if you're putting that into the same type of artifact (union, stability, etc) and x5 more if it's double refinement.
    Thus two level 59 artifacts are worth 2,478,400 and after put into a blank artifact, that artifact is worth 472830 as a level 91.
    A level 91 artifact is worth 472830 and like above, it's worth 4,728,300 if going into the same type of artifact (union, etc) by x10.
    Now that you have two artifacts worth 4.7 mil, you have enough to put 9,456,000 refinement into your target artifact.
    Now that won't quite get you to mythic, it'll be only 1 million short which is easily made up by putting some extra refinement into your level 91 artifacts.
    I hope this makes sense and I haven't misspoken.
  • Options
    sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I forgot to mention, The cheapest artifacts before x2 refinement on PS4 were around 280k AD. I'm sure those are all gone now so to get 6 artifacts to put into your 7th target art. You're looking at least 1.68 million AD without your target art.
    So it isn't cheap either....
  • Options
    Feeder = Artifact being fed to another artifact of same type, union, power, stability
    Blank=Artifact of same type, but can be as low as level 1, Blank of RP

It takes 293,535 RP to get an artifact to level 59, so X4 is 1,174,140 total RP. These are worth 123,920 X 5 when fed into an artifact of same type any time. Double RP increases it to 10 X for a new total value of 1,239,200 for each of the 4 feeders, more if one or more crits. Feeding 2 of these into a blank (level 1 artifact of same type) one at a time will yield and artifact of level 91-92 with no crits. You now have 2 at least level 91 artifacts worth at least 472,830 RP as feeders for the target, again upgrade by using one then the other. Much of the time, something will crit along the way and you end up at Mythic 10,469,635 for only 1,174,140 RP plus cost of wards, marks and the feeders. You can come up a little short sometimes and will need more RP.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Yeah, if you go the feeder route, you need to acquire them well before any 2XRP events. They were as low as 100,000 -120,000 last week for union.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I think this is harder on PS4 than the other platforms, as the price of feeder artifacts on the auction house are still high. If you need 4 of them to get one to Mythic, then it's gonna cost alot. To be honest, you would probably get more value from getting all 4 of your slotted artifacts to Legendary first - rather than a single artifact to mythic?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You need six. It is probably better to get all four to legendary then get them to mythic on the next one. but if you can only afford to get one to mythic that's the same cost as two to legendary.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Oh and the class sigils don't work as feeder artifacts - learned that one the hard way (BOOO)
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I forgot to mention, The cheapest artifacts before x2 refinement on PS4 were around 280k AD. I'm sure those are all gone now so to get 6 artifacts to put into your 7th target art. You're looking at least 1.68 million AD without your target art.
    So it isn't cheap either....

Don't forget you need the same type of artifact to get best results.

If the artifact is union, you need an union artifact to refine. This requires 4-8 union artifacts.

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Oh and the class sigils don't work as feeder artifacts - learned that one the hard way (BOOO)

That is because if you discard them you can always go get another one which would make it super easy to get any artifact up to the max level without much fuss. I mean the claim agent would probably crash the game if that was available.