test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC feats- is this a thing? and one enchantment question

occdoc6810occdoc6810 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Xbox DC here. Sorry if both of these have been analyzed recently and before, respectively

(casts summon DC luminaries)

Dread is still BiS as it affects both healing and damage?

A bit long-- has anyone ever tested a build utilizing all of the "when your HP are below 30%" feats? This is one heroic, two paragon faithful, and one paragon righteous. I am not sure all of the paragon feats work (on Xbox or at all) let alone if a very niche build using them would be fun/helpful. It would be based on taking just enough and healing just enough damage, sort of a "Goldilocks Near Death Experience (tm?)". But would take much explaining to a group not familiar with the intent.

Assuming the feats work, we would go through to righteous instead of faithful capstone because not to go that tree would prevent getting WoL? I would think generating temp HP through Holy resolve but also using Soothing light (as it heals you as well as the ally but only if it counts as a "healing spell") to activate Divine intervention could help.

Soulforged seems critical as you have to find a way to quickly intentionally drop to get HP low enough. Then the goal for the run is keeping them at the right level while not impeding your role as buff/debuff.

I haven't done all of the leg work with feats, powers, boons, etc. as again not even sure these feats are working, but thought if it can be pulled off would be another boost to power sharing and a decent damage boost (living fire) while making the group wonder "what in the world are they doing." Apologies again if already discussed elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Not practical, ur self heal and lifesteal will top up ur hp easily. Bis enchant is what others dont use, but solo wise, dread.
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I've tried a build similar to what you're theorizing and found it to be impossible to maintain and it's pretty unreliable for group content. It comes down to not only riding that fine line of having a constant state of low health without healing yourself (which is impossible), but you also have to RELY on getting hit in the face.

I will say that Living Fire has its uses if you're a PvP DPS DC. But outside of that, both Living Fire and Final Acts are pretty useless as in the current state of game balancing and mechanics you just never stay that low on HP for very long (assuming you don't just get one shot KOd).

Dread is what I would personally call BiS but depending on the situation, other choices can be better. Also it should be noted that large majority of a DCs healing comes from passive healing and feats, of which, dread does NOT improve. Dread will make things like BoH heal harder but healing generated from Astral Seal, Repurpose Soul, Gift of Faith, etc, won't benefit from it (although those would benefit from Vorpal).

At Transcendent enchantment levels your only real options though IMO are Dread, Frost, and Bronzewood. Plaguefire also isn't as bad as it's been made out to be, BUT it still falls short in performance when combated to Dread.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    occdoc6810occdoc6810 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for responding. I was thinking maintaining a low HP level to be tenuous as best, and annoying to groups at a consistent level, but was interested in hearing from the experts :smile: