test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we have cross class armor transmutes?

I personally like the idea, some other class armors look pretty sweet and it would be great to use em as transmutable items, not depending on the class u play.

Comments

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Please please this xD
    This is something I've wanted since i started the game. I really like some of the CW/SW armor sets, but of course I play a rogue, so I can't wear them :P

The only exception would probably be the weapons, cause lets face it, a rogue wielding dual great swords in appearance would be just a bit silly (awesome too, but silly all the same).
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Yes, if you can use fashion items to make your rogue look like he's wearing heavy armor (Battlerager) or your fighter wearing nothing at all (summer fare wardrobe) what is the difference? Let us transmute any armor.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

I personally like the idea, some other class armors look pretty sweet and it would be great to use em as transmutable items, not depending on the class u play.

I agree. 10/10. Complete support here.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    tigressbtigressb Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    +1 to this idea! I was questing with my OP and got a really nice looking plate bp to drop, that is unfortunately BtC and for GF only. :( It's plate, I should be able to use it as appearance/transmute if I want!
  • Options
    angeleater138#3677 angeleater138 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I want my OP to be able to transmute his gauntlets to Inferno Gauntlets, but for some reason it is GF only, very disappointed.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I'd be happy if they just brought back the old armors that aren't in game anymore.

However, this this topic, I think its a good idea..sort of. If they have any interest int he sake of roleplay, seeing a GF in a robe would be a little weird....
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Some armors, if they can "fit" other classes too and add variety, yes. I'd love it.

But i don't want to see, for example, a CW looking like a fully armored GF. Would make no sense.
    And might be confusing.

I would make HR, TR, SW, CW and DC, share the armors as trasmutes.
    And then GWF,GF and OP share their armors as transmutes.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I agree with Pando.

While I fully support classes being able to wear gear their class can wear it should be limited to what classes should be able to wear.

Fighters can wear cloth and different fighting styles (feats) can counter the lack of physical armor. It is lore friendly for fighters to wear cloth.

Wizards can not wear metal armor without penalties. Period. A wizard in full plate is as useful as a poopy flavored lolipop.

Barbarians (if we every get them) outright lose most of their passive benefits just for wearing heavy armor.

Monks? Um. Yeah. Wizards at least have a chance of casting spells wearing armor. Monks lose everything.

And the "but magic" argument falls short as always. D&D has always been grounded as far as physics are concerned. While it is possible to have an illusion to wear full plate as a wizard it is not commonly done in the lore (in fact I have never read it being done in ANY novel) and there is only one canon full plate which does not have spell casting penalties.

I don't like the idea of every wizard running around in full plate thinking they are cool or worse yet believe they are in any way unique. You can't tell people not to name their characters Drizzt but you can tell wizards to not look ridiculous.

I'd be happy if they just brought back the old armors that aren't in game anymore.

However, this this topic, I think its a good idea..sort of. If they have any interest int he sake of roleplay, seeing a GF in a robe would be a little weird....

My Guardian Fighter actual does wear a robe.

He's more like Ivan or Pikel Bouldershoulder than Bruenor Battlehammer or Thibbledorf Pwent, though. He doesn't wear armor because he is supposed to just have a high tolerance for pain. At one point in the books Ivan had a broken rib pushing out against his skin and didn't notice or care even after it was pointed out to him. Pikel, Ivan and my dwarf are not knights in shining armor, they are brutes who just try to kill their enemies before they die of their own wounds.

Think of the Hulk's fighting style. Batman would be a finese fighter who wore light armor to avoid hits. Iron Man trusts that his suit will protect him from anything. Hulk just doesn't care.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I recall several transmutes that aren't class specific, like the House Xorlarrin Bracers. Still, it'd be nice to have certain styles overlap.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    I have t.soulforged. I couldn't care less about transmutes.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    I have no problem with transmutes ignoring the class completely. Well actually I do, but in the context of the game as it is I have no problem with it. Fashion items already killed that. Fighters in robes and ball gowns, Clerics and Paladins looking like strippers and jesters, Wizards Rogues and Rangers in armour (Injured Survivor and Battlfield Medic).

Add to this the foolish designs on some of the gear. Rogue gear tends to be flashy, outlandish, and foppish, with impossable collars and impractical masks and/or hats. Mail armours with low swinging crotch flaps. Armour having cleavage windows and bare midriffs for females and ridiculous pauldrons for all. Don't get me started on playing a Dwarf or Halfling GWF, with your weapon half buried in the ground behind you...

So in THIS environment, I say if the Wizard wants to transmute his robes into that cool plate armour he found, more power to him, I say.
  • Options
    Also want to add that with all the classes, kits (remember those ?), prestige classes, paths, and feats D&D has unleashed in their history, one must realize that for every warrior they designed to function with little or no armour, we also saw a wizard who was able to function in some, or even lots of armour.