test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Do I Have to Be in a Guild to Get the Best Boons in the Game?

rowdydwarfrowdydwarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
Maybe I don't like people

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Probabply because it a MMO
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Maybe I don't like people

Then go with it. You don't actually need stronghold boons to do contents. And don't bother looking at scoreboards.
    You can also make your own guild and grind out 70 gazillion influence/treasures/shards on your own.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    @nameexpired Actually you could still be in a guild and not have boons at all. Also you could be in a guild who has the wrong boons or boons you didn't pick for yourself. I am the guild leader, so far no one has been complaining to me about the absence of boons. I sure people come and go from large and small guilds because of boons, but it is up to them. We are not Cryptic, we don't make these silly rules.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
    sameriker said:

@nameexpired Actually you could still be in a guild and not have boons at all.

OP was not objecting to have to grind or work for the boons, but that he does not like people. By making his own guild he can buy vouchers with ZEN/AD or work on his own to get the guild boons. It's easier in a team, though.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Normally, you guys shouldn't recommend people to make their own guild and become the only sole member of that new guild...in an MMO nonetheless.

But if that's what he wants, we can't really stop him. It's his call.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I think its because you're outnumbered by social people.
    There are guilds that don't require you to be social, they just require you to donate, not a fan of those myself but if you want the benefit of guild boons and items without the social elements, that might be an option. Alternatively, as mentioned, you could found your own guild, but getting the resources required to rank it up for boons would take a much much much longer time than with allies. Good luck.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric