test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which tree I should go for pve

Have a full tank as a protector really more survivability as a conquer? And if I go for protector how hard is solo playing by campaign? So hard to decide which tree. I hope u can help me out

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Conqueror is a DPS build that can tank. The protector is a tank build that debuff adds for you to take less damage.

If you plan to run solo content mostly and tank on occasion go Conqueror. If you plan to tank mostly and run with others for your dailies, go protector.

Hope this helps you out. I went Conqueror as I saw the notes that were coming up and wanted a bit more damage out of my character.

I have successfully tanks 3 epic dungeons now. The times I do have issues is when I don't have a healer or if the healer is going all DPS on me.

• brucewayne#8522 brucewayne Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Hm this seems nice. Conquer gets nerfed I thought. My gs is 2200 around and my tank skills are not best at all. Mostly run by campaign because of time management. Work much a lot and I'm daddy who don't can play very much. My English is soo bad omg xD
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Hey @brucewayne#8522 ,

I would recommend going Conquer. You'll find your ability to solo content best. I would use Dark Enchantments in your Defensive Slots and make sure you are using Crushing Surge as your at will. The life steal and healing from Crushing should allow you to kill without needing potions or needing to stop to heal.

I would also recommend you run Tier 1 and legacy dungeons to make sure you are getting your daily Astral Diamonds to build up your gear.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • tigerblood#1189 tigerblood Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm a 2800 Illvl Prot with very little if any dps boons, and I complete solo content in mod9 on the PS4 including Biggin's Tomb in Icewind Dale . I have no trouble doing my dailies. For soloing I use a set of gear that is a mix of elven assault, dusk raid, Orcus rings, drowned weapons, with 60% arm pen and a fire archon. The protection tree can solo effectively, you just need to obtain a second set of gear specifically for this purpose.

I have to say, I'm very tired to tank bosses as a conquer. I don't know but I'm very quick dead. If protector path can make dailys fine perhaps I will try this. I don't know what I shall do xD
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I wouldn't try tanking as Conq until around 2.7k ilvl. As a fresh character I would recommend the Prot tree or maybe Tact. I never played Prot but hear it's great for beginners.

I tanked from the beginning as Tact and stacked Defense as high as I could for ItF. Once the nerf was announced I switched to Conq and have loved it, but my gear is better than average.
    This might be right. Which boons Def or power?