test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stacking

vangiggsyvangiggsy Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Why why why do so many similar items not stack in this game? I spend more time managing inventory than anything else even with decent bags. Why for example do stones not stack just because they were gained in different zones or whatever...it's ridiculous. I'm sure this is an old complaint but seriously fix it.

Comments

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    You have in Neverwinter three different binding states.
    Unbound: Can be sold/traded
    Accountbound: You can give it to any character on your account via account bank
    Characterbound: Only for the character that got that item.

Because of that we have currently about 60+ different RP items.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Why do not stacks 12 lvl bondings stones? they have one level so should..
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    I think enchantments will only stack if they have the same number of refinement points as each other.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    My favorite is when two otherwise identical items won't stack, merely because they were created using separate item configuration files. I love that...
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    desisti said:

And there is fourth - account bound that you cannot stack.

And a 5th - I have had two character bound items that would not stack. I think they were preservation wards.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    pres wards have 2 versions of charbound, accountbound and unbound
  • Options
    edited September 2016

desisti said:

And a 5th - I have had two character bound items that would not stack. I think they were preservation wards.

kvet said:

My favorite is when two otherwise identical items won't stack, merely because they were created using separate item configuration files. I love that...

So - what I was pointing out is exactly this - sometimes we get rewards for this or that - ruby, pres wards, scrolls of life, whatever - that don't stack with otherwise identical versions of that item. Account bound pres wards that don't stack with other account bound pres wards are a good example. It's because the items weren't generated such that the the game sees them as the same item, even though they ARE. They're like exact clones with different last names.... Identical, except... not. It's just laziness on the part of Cryptic that it happens this way. Probably a result of different teams doing things without talking to each other.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    kvet said:

desisti said:

kvet said:

So - what I was pointing out is exactly this - sometimes we get rewards for this or that - ruby, pres wards, scrolls of life, whatever - that don't stack with otherwise identical versions of that item. Account bound pres wards that don't stack with other account bound pres wards are a good example. It's because the items weren't generated such that the the game sees them as the same item, even though they ARE. They're like exact clones with different last names.... Identical, except... not. It's just laziness on the part of Cryptic that it happens this way. Probably a result of different teams doing things without talking to each other.

I think the different item ID's are to track quantities. This way they can track how many claimed, how many used, how many still in the game, how many transferred, etc... They can't do it once they stacked them.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

I think the different item ID's are to track quantities. This way they can track how many claimed, how many used, how many still in the game, how many transferred, etc... They can't do it once they stacked them.

Could be... but I can't imagine why they'd need to do that. I can see aggragated analytics - how many Pres wards are in the game, what is the velocity of new ones generated, what is the velocity of them being used up (collectively, what is the churn rate for pres wards overall). This would actually be made harder if you create wards with different IDs since you'd have to first run stats for each one. By knowing that data just for the items awarded by one specific promo? Mmmmm.. Can't see the value there. What action would someone take based on that data? They can know how many we claimed via other data. Whether they got used, and whether any of those specific versions of that item are still hanging around doesn't feel very relevant to me...

naw. This feels more like a lack of coordination more than anything.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    mintmark said:

I think enchantments will only stack if they have the same number of refinement points as each other.

The enchantment of the same number can only stack if they have 0 RP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    I could be wrong but my impression of the 2 type of account bound items are:

1. normal account bound
    2. gift
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited September 2016

mintmark said:

The enchantment of the same number can only stack if they have 0 RP.

I could be wrong but my impression of the 2 type of account bound items are:

1. normal account bound
    2. gift

Correct and yup - I think that's right. The problem is we can't know the difference from looking that one is normal and the other is a gift, we especially can't know now that the gateway is gone since we don't have a Right-Click>Inspect Element option in the gameclient to look for item IDs... So, we're left with otherwise identical items next to each other taking extra slots in banks and packs... which is awesome.