test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP For the OP.

krit#7865 krit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hi,

I'm currently grinding my way through the 60s towards level70. I'm a Protection Paladin and plan on focusing my build towards DPS for PVP purposes as I feel that's the endgame content for all mmos.

As I have been unable until today to make my own threads I will carry on a discussion I started in http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1222872/op-pvp-advice-handling-the-gf-gwf-mark-loop-bug-feature

I got some nice advice from @manyvengance with regard to using Binding path over Templars wrath so I will be testing this out. Am I still ok to be using relentless and Smite? They seem to provide great burst.

I will be respeccing my half elf sometime soon as I have followed too many different builds.

Which stats should I be focusing on?con + wis or con + cha? Something else?

Amor enchants and Artifiacts? (I'm assuming Elven is a must here due to the overwhelming CC In this game..)

Orrrrrrr am I wasting my efforts in trying to PvP with my pally? Should I just go with on of the FOTM Classes and take advantage of the broken mechanics?

@oldashell I will definately send you a pm. Are you on Xbox?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No.. on PC.
    I stacked CON and CHA because I wanted my HP pool to be as large as possible and my AP gain to be as high as possible. I went with Sun Elf for the extra 2% AP gain and for the fact I had no characters with that race.

I am using a T. Shadowclad for my armor enchant but have seen others using elven or negation. The top killing paly in PVP at the moment used a T. Thunderhead so go figure. I heave a T. Negation on my Rouge and tried it on my Paly and really didn't see much of a difference.. but I am sure others will disagree.

I have enjoyed playing my Paly in PVP, especially since I found out what was instant killing me.. which turned out to be myself because of a know bug with GF and GWF double marking me. I went a little different route and moved slightly away from pure tank and staked armpen so that I could do some damage. in the end I will have around 145% RI so maybe, just maybe, I might be able to do a little damage.

We shall see.
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Personally, I use Negation, I don't think Elven is really that necessary on an OP because of Sanctuary and Cleansing Touch, some will disagree tho. I've also heard Shadowclad is pretty good, I don't have one, so I couldn't say.

It depends on how do you like to play the class, I'm sure @mercedesman is way more offensive than I am, I only have 12k ArmPen and even so I can kill many ppl (tho not enough to get Triple Kills, I think I have... 2? Lol). For artifacts I have the GWF Sigil, the DC Sigil, Black Ice Beholder and the Rod of Imperial Restraint because I went with the Imperial set for the extra recovery and the set bonus, but Black Ice would give you more ArmPen and more useful stats.

Like I said in the other thread, Aura of Truth's Off-Hand bonus power will give you a little annoying daze, so it's kinda fun, I don't use it because people get really mad at it, that's why I use Vengeance, and if you aren't 70 yet, I think Vengeance is a really good option coz it will scale with your mulhorands.