test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help

I'm a level 63 and was wondering what level I need to be in order to do epic dungeons . Also my gear score is like 850. What's the best way to get my gs up at my level?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    How did you get to 63? Did you do queue stuff for Astral diamonds or go about campaign?

Do you have an artifact? How about campaign boons? (You wouldn't be alone if you didn't; I've run into a few who don't have those things) What kind of mount & companion do you have?

What kind of enchantment gems do you have & what are their levels?

I think you need to be 70 for some epic dungeons though you can do some campaigns earlier...but you will defiantly want your gear score up first.

If you haven't done much campaign I advise doing so. The Tyranny of Dragons bottom tear has great spots to farm for better gear. It's easier fights due to you still having access to higher level feats, etc.

For instance go to the Neverdeathgraveyard area by the green dragon where they auto level you down to 30. In that area & others like it where they downllevel you, any gear picked up there will "level correct" if you inspect it after you leave. It will be in the 60's & since your alternative of finding that gear would mean you doing later campaign stuff with 800 gear level...it should be much easier too.

good luck!

Spend diamonds/zen on good mounts & companions as far as color gauge goes...& make sure you have lvl 8 or 9 enchantment buffs on your gear. You'll get there.
  • Options
    teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    If I remember correctly, you need to be 70 for all of the epic level dungeons and at least item-level 1600. As you're currently 63, I'd recommend going through the Elemental Evil campaign. Four areas and pretty straight forward quests. You'll gear up, get 70, and by the end of the campaign (Spinward Rise), you'll have a set of Artifact weapons. That's your best bet. There honestly aren't any GOOD farming spots until 70. If you play your cards right as far as enchantments go, the Elemental Evil gear should get you pretty darn close to the 1600 req.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • Options
    Prob is though with a gear score of 850...EE campaign is gonna be rough.

Well, maybe that's more dependent on class. My HR has a rough go at it with my gear level a couple hundred north of 1K

I've managed to get some "decent" gear that's ranked above 100 (per item) by farming those before mentioned areas.

It's madeir a little more easier based off of how the gear contributes to fights, not so much it's item level score
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Epics are level 70, and at a minimum 1600 ilvl for most of them, but some are higher. You can find the minimum IL for any given dungeon by checking the queue. But, fair warning: those are ONLY the minimum scores for entry, not necessarily the recommended level. I would shoot for 2k before even making the attempt at epics, as the mechanics and difficulty of those dungeons as compared to their leveling counterparts are as night and day.

If you have adventurer seals and are just starting EE, I'd recommend getting the rare equipment bags from the seal vendor. It's not perfect but it'll get you better than random greens that will be of more use to you as you progress through EE...because the difficulty REALLY ramps up there.

The right build can be as effective as your gear score, though, so it'd be a smart idea to read up on some class guides on either this section or the PC section (although do be aware that there may be some variations in the PC builds that aren't available for the current PS4 version).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    lobambo#2427 lobambo Member Posts: 5 New User
    You all have been insanely helpful!! Can't say thank you enough...

Right now I have one artifact and it's a crappy one. Should I have more than 1? And where would I get artifacts from? Also should I stop doing random quest and focus on campaign?

Again thank you!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You should have the Lantern of Revelation, Sigil of the (your class) and Bruenor's Helm by now - hopefully you didn't choose the catalogue, people always choose the catalogue on their first character...

neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact gives a list of all artifacts, select any I've mentioned above and it shows the quest you need to run for it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    lobambo#2427 lobambo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Is there a way to change my artifact? Or do more quest to get more? Also how do I get bruenors helm?
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Is there a way to change my artifact? Or do more quest to get more? Also how do I get bruenors helm?

Chapter 9: The Dwarven King
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Is there a trick to getting bruenor's helm, I haven't been able to get past the third part of it as well any other of the quests that opened up at level 60, have a gs of 1400, but only level 5 enchantments, cant afford the higher ones still.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Unfortunately the artifact quest is a single chance - if you get the wrong one there's no fixing it. If you're finding any of the quests in the Dwarven King too difficult the only answer is to bring other players with you to help out.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Get to 70 and run all of EE campaign unless you have trade buys and buy the dusk pieces.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Gems are your equipment buffs you can control. I'm a noob & casual but I'd place them as important. You definitely need better than 5's for your lvll 70 stuff.

Use your daily "mundane" dungeon run seals to buy rank 5 enchantments to help you refine your red white & Blues you'll get 6 & 7's before long. Slows down a bit with 8, as you need an extra 8 to refine your working one to 9. You will prob run dungeons anyway for the AD so why not.

Take a few hours to slap around the dragons on the early level basic dragon campaign too....you'll get plenty of 3 & 4 drac gems you can refine into better gems (again 5 to 7 isn't too crazy of a time sink) to sell or keep. Plus you run the chance of getting dragon gear to keep or auction. Fashion stuff doesn't go for much but I got close to 100k AD off of a bow last week I had duplicates of.

Run the days of the dungeon master event too....I have so many cruel & brutal enchantments it's ridiculous (just waiting for a double refine event) & if you pull the Golden Wonka ticket (Rip old friend) & get that beholder.....man you are set! It's too late for you likely now, but 400 points in that campaign would have gotten you another artifact.

All that aside, even if it's just gems.... these mid tier level gems will help you build your better ones....even if you are just using them as fuel for artifacts/other gems or for sells for auction house diamond generation to buy gems you need.

Also if you haven't bought the 10 dollar buy in for Vip I can not recommend it enough. You'll get plenty of decent stuff as far as gems go, least if your luck don't stink. Even if not, it's a kickstart to free key vile by what you sell for AD to keep up that VIP for that "free" enchantment key chance of the day. The stuff is pretty useful early on while you build. I've gotten some 8 & 9 enchantments & secondary armor enchantments, artifacts & artifact gear...it's helped me for sure

Sold a moon bear & some companion stones people are after recently that I got from my vip keys...Three days of sales for stuff I'm not interested in gave me more than enough with just a day or two toons work that's pretty casual (as is my play) to buy the next level of VIP

Which equates to 30 more keys...& more chances.

Good luck & have fun!
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    At lv63 start the start and finish the elemental evil campaign for the books and a lv70 artifact weapon. By the time your done with that, your ready to run kessel and shores, work your way up from there