test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 Tiberius Rex's current build

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Wilds
I"ve had a few people ask for my build. I'm not running one exactly like any of the published builds out there (but it's 98 percent similar to all of them, I'd say) and almost everything I know I learned from people here so old timers of the forum don't expect to learn anything new from this. Its mainly just for guildies who wonder what I'm running really. I don't know where else to post it. LOL.

This is not the build I started with. I started with a lot of arpen choices because it was difficult to find as I was gearing up. if you are struggling for the basics this build isn't entirely for you yet. you want 60% or near 60 arpen before you start stacking other stuff. but the feats and powers would remain the same. but don't pay atten to the boons I chose.

Encounters:

hindering shot, constricting arrow and plant growth. Generally plantgrowth (melee) constricting arrow (melee) switch stance to ranged fire a constricting arrow to trigger master trapper) back to melee for hindering. Then a careful attack, switch back to ranged. Fire another constricting arrow, hindering shot. I only use the ranged plant growth if there are multiple enemies. if there are multiple enemies I'll fire one off. I also fire one off before an attack has begun where I know it will be. Rinse and repeat. switching often to get that constricting arrow helps keep master trapper triggered. it's every ten seconds but it's hard to keep track so just keep spamming that as much as you can. keeping stacks of aspect of the serpent is also important. I don't really watch it anymore. you'll want to watch it and watch your attacks to get a feel for how it stacks and how to manage it. It's less important than keeping master trapper up though. Firing off a couple arrows is usually a good thing to fit in.

constricting arrow and plantgrowth just about never leave my line up but hindershot sometimes gets replaced with longstriders or fox. Longstriders for some bosses and fox for times when your group has low survivability for whatever reason.

Passives:
aspect of the pack is slotted 99 percent of the time. aspect of the serpent is always slotted.

instead of pack, sometimes I use cruel recovery for low survivability situations. Crushing roots if I get dragged into a pvp outing. I've been playing with seekers vengeance but I think pack is better.

Dailies used are slashers mark (helps to get into the battle quickly if you're a distance away) and for a lot of baddies I use seismic shot.

this is also not the build I'll end with I'll probably go with the high crit build when I get my percentages higher. I can't seem to get the precision rings to save my life.

I have a power mount. Eventually when we get guild power boon I'll buy a crit mount.

For mount boons the only ones of real matter that I have equipped are wanderers fortune and gladiators guile.

gladiators guile is IMPORTANT.. you want this. hunters are slow. This brings us up to the kind of maneuverability that makes us functional.
I'm stacking azures in offense, darks in defense. utility is mostly dragons hoard with 1 fey.

For pets I have the merc as active and I"m trying to get a set of Combat advantage pets. Get your bonding stones as highly ranked as you can and stack it with stats you are missing or go for the lifesteal and and crit.

For artis I'm not going with a set until I can complete orcus. Right now I have the Dex belt and a personalized necklace. I have controllers sigil, book of the dead and the lantern for my main artis. I have a misc arti that has lifesteal atm that I'll trade out for a better one later on when we get more stuff thrown our way.

I've got greater vorpal and a plain jane negation. I"ll trade the vorpal for a dread when we get that.

photo IMG_20160914_174545.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174432.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174607.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174613.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174619.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174625.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174633.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174648.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174654.jpg
photo IMG_20160914_174710.jpg

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    You know I would suggest dropping those points from the Combat tree as you really do not need it. I would put the points into making Slasher's Mark 75% AP cost. You can generally fire a Slashers Mark and Disruptive Shot in every rotation.

This will also be good when the changes hit us on the consoles as Swiftness of the Fox will be fixed and changed. Dailies will reduce our Cool Downs :) DS has a 6 second cool down which is really good.

Also Combat Advantage pets will also be fixed very shortly. It is probably not worth having too many of them Active at the same time. I already have just 1 5% CA pet equipped now in preparation.

If you can get decent rings to drop I suggest the Rising ones on Companions now... especially the Merc he procs the 10 stacks really quickly. The Sudden ones are good in short fights but for longer fights the Rising ones are better :) I have a Rising Power and Rising Crit on my Merc... Both +4.

Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • slendermesh#7678 slendermesh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey I'm sorry my account on here is new so I can't ask this in a separate post but I'm curious for opinions. I've been having a difficult time testing this due to varying mechanics and no ps4 parser but last night I tried a set of new powers and I think that it worked well but because my team comp kept changing or people making mistakes I could not get a real feel for it.

I changed to running longstriders, hindering and constricting, and I'm positive I'm not suffering a major damage loss at the very least lol. My rotation is at range to hit constricting, double stance swap for master trapper, longstriders for speed buff to close target fast, hindering, and if i for some reason don't have 2 stacks AotS then hunters teamwork here, stance change hindering strike, steel breeze, gushing wound and careful attack. After I've closed the gap I just stay in melee range, nobody in my group saw a real difference in the buff from longstriders at 30' to make it worth the effort but we also run gf with DC so the buffs are already insane. I run seekers over pack because I feel like the consistent buff is better than if people die or move out of range or die in combat.

any thoughts or advice on that set up?
  • slendermesh#7678 slendermesh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    On the companion is that more specific to mod 10 or do you use rising rings over sudden rings for 9 as well? How do companion deaths impact this? Do the rings reset and need to be stacked again? I'm using a +5 sudden precision and +3 brutality on my mercenary right now but curious if I need to switch once I get a good rising ring (I only get +1-2 lol)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    dunno, no lifesteal guild boon yet. I"m not getting that instant recovery a high level guild lifesteal boon gives you. still can struggle for health at times. I figured I'd change it when I started feeling a little more invincible. LOL. and it doesnt seem like slashers mark increases your overall dps by that much when used all the time. I think it's a valid point but I don't think I"m quite there yet to switch.

as far as the combat advantage thing. didn't know that but we don't even have mod ten yet so that means that change is probably a good way out for ps4 still. we're at least two months adn probably six months behind xbox right now. so that change might be a lonnnnngg way off for us yet. (then again maybe not impossible to tell with these people. LOL)

as far as the rising rings no kidding. I'D LOVE to get a few of them. they WILL NOT drop. LOL. i have no idea how many poms and demos and edemos I've done. it's frustrating. I had great luck with it on xbox. and plus five ferget it. although I have guildies that have gotten multiple. the rng on ps4 hates me. I had moderate luck on xbox. none here.

dunno, no lifesteal guild boon yet. I"m not getting that instant recovery a high level guild lifesteal boon gives you. still can struggle for health at times. I figured I'd change it when I started feeling a little more invincible. LOL. and it doesnt seem like slashers mark increases your overall dps by that much when used all the time. I think it's a valid point but I don't think I"m quite there yet to switch.

as far as the combat advantage thing. didn't know that but we don't even have mod ten yet so that means that change is probably a good way out for ps4 still. we're at least two months adn probably six months behind xbox right now. so that change might be a lonnnnngg way off for us yet. (then again maybe not impossible to tell with these people. LOL)

as far as the rising rings no kidding. I'D LOVE to get a few of them. they WILL NOT drop. LOL. i have no idea how many poms and demos and edemos I've done. it's frustrating. I had great luck with it on xbox. and plus five ferget it. although I have guildies that have gotten multiple. the rng on ps4 hates me. I had moderate luck on xbox. none here.

I only have 3k Life Steal :) Then the rest is sent over via Companions gift (285% of 720). Any more than that I just don't see the need, also with Endless Consumption it is great.

The Slasher's Mark thing is not about DPS and never has been with that skill. Being able to fire it off once every melee rotation is what its all about, especially when the Swiftness of the Fox Changes hit us :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Hey I'm sorry my account on here is new so I can't ask this in a separate post but I'm curious for opinions. I've been having a difficult time testing this due to varying mechanics and no ps4 parser but last night I tried a set of new powers and I think that it worked well but because my team comp kept changing or people making mistakes I could not get a real feel for it.

I changed to running longstriders, hindering and constricting, and I'm positive I'm not suffering a major damage loss at the very least lol. My rotation is at range to hit constricting, double stance swap for master trapper, longstriders for speed buff to close target fast, hindering, and if i for some reason don't have 2 stacks AotS then hunters teamwork here, stance change hindering strike, steel breeze, gushing wound and careful attack. After I've closed the gap I just stay in melee range, nobody in my group saw a real difference in the buff from longstriders at 30' to make it worth the effort but we also run gf with DC so the buffs are already insane. I run seekers over pack because I feel like the consistent buff is better than if people die or move out of range or die in combat.

any thoughts or advice on that set up?

Hmmm, you actually run the same Encounter set up as me. You might want to post all your stats etc for people to see if there is anything there that could be tweaked :)

It is all about maximising those stacks of AotS with your heaviest hitting attacks. Just be warned though that Hindering Strike applies Thorned roots but uses the main hand weapon damage in its calculation... therefore any Ranged AotS stacks you have actually apply to a melee attack. Hindering direct hit hits harder if used with 2 stacks of AotS but the roots it applies will be much weaker, but if you used Hindering Strike Last in a rotation with Ranged AotS stacks up then it will be less powerful BUT the Thorned Roots will be much more powerful (as it applies those Ranged AotS stacks). You have to work out which enemies to use Hindering Strike 1st or last on.

Usually when your Ranged rotation is up you want to fire Longstriders 1st with 2 stacks of AotS (if you can target an enemy over 30' away) then Constricting with 1 stack of AotS. Constricting will then get the 40% damage buff from Longstriders plus a stack of AotS... then the Thorned Roots will also apply with those buffs.

If enemies are closer than 30' I find, with high movement, its best to dodge backwards and fire off Constricting>Disrupting>Hindering>Hunters Teamwork then Longstriders last, this will then buff your Melee attacks, Slashers Mark gets you instantly back into melee range to fire off your Melee Encounters.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    COOL. INTERESTING INSIGHT ON THE ASPECT OF SERPENT/LONGSTRIDER DOUBLE BUFF BEEFCAKE COMBO. ROOT-TASTIC. ILL TRY
    edited September 2016
    I know longstriders is supposed to be great for dps but I notice my dps always takes a huge hit when I use it over hindering. the rest of the party seems to benefit. the bosses go down much quicker.. but my numbers sure dont' go up. (and that was even true when I did have the build that lets you use slashers ever round)

I know longstriders is supposed to be great for dps but I notice my dps always takes a huge hit when I use it over hindering. the rest of the party seems to benefit. the bosses go down much quicker.. but my numbers sure dont' go up. (and that was even true when I did have the build that lets you use slashers ever round)

Try Longstriders>Constricting>Hindering those are a fantastic combo :)

CoA/PG is a good damage dealer but it is not the only thing that can cause DPS with this class :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    so why would I not be taking a hit switching it out for the current highest hitter on my damage card when I'm taking a hit not switching it out for the highest hitter? if that makes sense. lol. I mean shouldn't it be even better damage with the current heavy hitter left in?

for what it's worth I do think I've done that rotation before to test it in the xbox days. it was still taking a hit on damage. otherwise I'd have switched to it.

so why would I not be taking a hit switching it out for the current highest hitter on my damage card when I'm taking a hit not switching it out for the highest hitter? if that makes sense. lol. I mean shouldn't it be even better damage with the current heavy hitter left in?

for what it's worth I do think I've done that rotation before to test it in the xbox days. it was still taking a hit on damage. otherwise I'd have switched to it.

With Longstrider it last 4 seconds but over that 4 seconds the damage and speed bonus decline. So it it only truly powerful straight away... thus I find the fastest powers we can fire off will benefit the most from the boosts. Constricting and Hindering (also Dispruptive) are extremely quick to fire and you can get them to hit very very quickly after Longstriders.

CoA/PG though, although extremely powerful, are just a tad slow to fire off... even if you dodge out of some of the animations. I just feel I get less attacks in using these Encounters and I just get less out of the Longstriders Buff.

Its all personal preference really :) I have seen a whole bunch of HR's come and go who use CoA/PG, who get no where near my level of damage.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • x3333xxx3333xx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

With Longstrider it last 4 seconds but over that 4 seconds the damage and speed bonus decline. So it it only truly powerful straight away... thus I find the fastest powers we can fire off will benefit the most from the boosts. Constricting and Hindering (also Dispruptive) are extremely quick to fire and you can get them to hit very very quickly after Longstriders.

CoA/PG though, although extremely powerful, are just a tad slow to fire off... even if you dodge out of some of the animations. I just feel I get less attacks in using these Encounters and I just get less out of the Longstriders Buff.

Its all personal preference really :) I have seen a whole bunch of HR's come and go who use CoA/PG, who get no where near my level of damage.
    Not true. The only thing that diminishes is the speed bonus. The damage buff stays at 40% for the entire Longstridersshots uptime. Thus getting 2 stacks of LSS out (96% dmg buff) for your PG is not hard if you put your GW stacks on a side target, even 3(174%) or 4(284%) LSS stacks are sometimes possible to buff your PG with if you/your group does it right. This obviously works with Hindering as well but the damage PG provides is just too huge to miss out on. There are only a very few reasons to run Hindering over PG. For example, if your team actually needs control or if the buffs are so insane you dont even have the time to drop GW-Oneshots on the bosses you are facing.
    wdj40 said:

I think we've determined that comparing yourself to other hr's in teh same run is a futile proposition at best. WAY too many variables including buffing them and them buffing you. there are so many things that contribute to damage....

the only sure fire comparison is what you did before and what you do after.. and for me I take a hit when I switch out pg for longstriders. I tried it last night. huge dps hit.
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Right now the only reason most use LSS is because it stacks (if you know what your doing) but it will be fixed in mod 10. LSS stacking is no better than Fury SW's one shots or even the double buffed bladestorm. As soon as it got fixed a lot of people were crying about it.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
    hmmmmmmm well then. ok there is something to play with. ;)
    x3333xx said:

wdj40 said:

Not true. The only thing that diminishes is the speed bonus. The damage buff stays at 40% for the entire Longstridersshots uptime. Thus getting 2 stacks of LSS out (96% dmg buff) for your PG is not hard if you put your GW stacks on a side target, even 3(174%) or 4(284%) LSS stacks are sometimes possible to buff your PG with if you/your group does it right. This obviously works with Hindering as well but the damage PG provides is just too huge to miss out on. There are only a very few reasons to run Hindering over PG. For example, if your team actually needs control or if the buffs are so insane you dont even have the time to drop GW-Oneshots on the bosses you are facing.
    You know this is doing my head in, 1 person tells me this is how it works, another tells it does not etc. I have been testing this all morning long on the X1 and I really wish I had a PC and ACT to play with lol.

Anyhoo on hitting training dummies I am firing Longstrider then Constricting or Hindering straight away and studying the damage numbers (incuding the Thorned Roots from Constricting). Usually around the 26-29k Mark for the Crit and 23-28k for the Crit Thorned Roots.

Then I tested firing Longstriders then waiting 3 seconds and firing off a Constricting or Hindering. I am seeing a drop off in damage after waiting 3 seconds, especially the Crit Thorned Root damage from Constricting. The hit is usually around the 21-24k Mark, with Thorned roots hitting way less at 16-18k per tick instead of 23-28k Mark.

I did all the firing without gaining any stacks of Ranged AotS or switching stances etc, no Companion too.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • x3333xxx3333xx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

x3333xx said:

wdj40 said:

You know this is doing my head in, 1 person tells me this is how it works, another tells it does not etc. I have been testing this all morning long on the X1 and I really wish I had a PC and ACT to play with lol.

Anyhoo on hitting training dummies I am firing Longstrider then Constricting or Hindering straight away and studying the damage numbers (incuding the Thorned Roots from Constricting). Usually around the 26-29k Mark for the Crit and 23-28k for the Crit Thorned Roots.

Then I tested firing Longstriders then waiting 3 seconds and firing off a Constricting or Hindering. I am seeing a drop off in damage after waiting 3 seconds, especially the Crit Thorned Root damage from Constricting. The hit is usually around the 21-24k Mark, with Thorned roots hitting way less at 16-18k per tick instead of 23-28k Mark.

I did all the firing without gaining any stacks of Ranged AotS or switching stances etc, no Companion too.
    You are probably missing some buff going on (rings/boons/feats). Because it definitely works the way I described it. You should strip your character from your weapon enchant, rings, active companions, insignias and stuff like that and then try it with rapid shots. You will notice that their damage is not falling off in those 4 seconds. An easier way to confirm it is to simply open your Powers-menu after LSS and then looking at the damage displayed for your powers. It will fall by exactly 40% once LSS runs out, not diminishing over time. Also keep in mind that you dont always hit for a certain amount of damage, your damage can differ for ~20% which might explain your testing results.

• shiva#4006 shiva Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Damage buff from lss doesnt diminish, only the movespeed. And it really takes practice to use lss on your rotation, compared to the basic rotation fox cunning, constricting and plant growth. It took me a while to get used to using lss, as most of the time i cant proc it, or i am going too far just to fire lss. But once i got used to the minimum range of lss, my numbers went up. Then i got a gladiator's guile, i feel like a ninja hehe. If you really want to increase your dps, practice using lss, but theres also nothing wrong with using different rotation. It all comes down to preference. HR trappers are a little complicated to play compared to other class as we need to fully utilize our buff to make our damage go up, but it is in my opinion, the most fun class to play :)
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    To achieve serious damage with a trapper watch sumes video on YT, he tells in his videos how to maintain high dps on SW trapper and with what powers.

To achieve serious damage with a trapper watch sumes video on YT, he tells in his videos how to maintain high dps on SW trapper and with what powers.

You are missing the point, most people know how to achieve serious damage on a HR.

Also most of his, and my own videos, are pretty irrelevant due to the massive amount of changes to hit the HR. Some of his videos are based on broken mechanics like Longstrider stacking and Swiftness of the Fox (Don't forget we did not actually know they were broken mechanics at the time).

I would suggest not referring to old videos now, I do not believe he has any from Mod 10 at this stage? Most of his clips are 2 months or more old now.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    x3333xx said:

wdj40 said:

x3333xx said:

wdj40 said:

You are probably missing some buff going on (rings/boons/feats). Because it definitely works the way I described it. You should strip your character from your weapon enchant, rings, active companions, insignias and stuff like that and then try it with rapid shots. You will notice that their damage is not falling off in those 4 seconds. An easier way to confirm it is to simply open your Powers-menu after LSS and then looking at the damage displayed for your powers. It will fall by exactly 40% once LSS runs out, not diminishing over time. Also keep in mind that you dont always hit for a certain amount of damage, your damage can differ for ~20% which might explain your testing results.

Damage buff from lss doesnt diminish, only the movespeed. And it really takes practice to use lss on your rotation, compared to the basic rotation fox cunning, constricting and plant growth. It took me a while to get used to using lss, as most of the time i cant proc it, or i am going too far just to fire lss. But once i got used to the minimum range of lss, my numbers went up. Then i got a gladiator's guile, i feel like a ninja hehe. If you really want to increase your dps, practice using lss, but theres also nothing wrong with using different rotation. It all comes down to preference. HR trappers are a little complicated to play compared to other class as we need to fully utilize our buff to make our damage go up, but it is in my opinion, the most fun class to play :)

Thank you for your input guys, I spent a few hours hitting Training Dummies with LSS and Rapid Shot to see the results. I think it is near impossible (without spending many many many hours) to test correctly on X1 so I believe you guys are right. I am pretty sure I am still seeing small diminishes in damage over the 4 seconds of LSS lol. I also don't think it lasts exactly 4 seconds either but my brain is hurting...

If I had 100% Crit chance (without Rings and Companion etc) it would probably be much easier to test... If only I had ACT instead of the Combat Log, I would have saved myself sooooooo many hours over the last year and half :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    If you are experiencing diminishgin damage over 4seconds, things to look at:

1. are you using bonding companions? if they have sudden rings then there is your answer.
    2. are you using twisted set. are you perhaps losing or gaining stacks of it
    3. mount bonuses, do you have protectors friendship/camaraderie/other power enhancing/damaging bonuses
    4. are you using sudden rings or rising ones on your toon itself?
    5. stack of maddness from boons.
    6. if its diminishing then it sucks for you at xbox, but i highly doubt that.

Also, trapper damage from mod9-mod10 doesnt change much when you alter your playstyle. But now you can do massive DoT unlike the Massive Burst from Bladestorm feat.
    don't forget the elven fury power boon.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    durugudesu got it sudden and brutality rings after 3 seconds of no attacks automatically drop off they don't stay up for full 8 seconds if not attacking LSS is a curse and a blessing due to it does not always work no mater the distance especially in lagging event in Tia I use constrict or binding with cordon and rain of Arrows seismic and Ca and I am always top of chart or the top and that's at a combat HR think of what a trapper can do.

Ara