test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We hate decaying armor. OMGAWD at least slow it down.

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Really, most people I know are just stashing this stuff in bags, even the new endgame stuff (myself included, brand new boots are rotting in a bag). Please change the decay rate, or remove it, or make it only count down when it's relevant.

Ugh.

P.S. One hour of relic farming on my main and I want to strangle something.. not do it again on the other 4 toons I play regularly.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    No. We pretty much hate decaying armor. Make it go away.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    But if you don't have armor to spend voidnoidbloid on, how do you expect to spend all of the heaps and mounds of it that you have as a side effect to doing dailies... oh, wait.

Kidding aside, literally everyone I know who has successfully run FBI switches armor immediately when inside. It's just too expensive to wear, and it's not noticeably better than existing sets anyway (the EF rez and minor stat increase are effectively irrelevant for game play outcomes).

I also tried farming relics for an hour, and thank god I farmed enough to empower my armor. It'll sit nicely empowered for the rest of time because I will never wear it in combat. That would just mean I'd need to farm more relics...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Yeah - we hated it then, we hate it now. It's important to remember that a sound definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice but expecting different results...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    I'm not completely opposed to the mechanic, as long as it is trivial to maintain the armor with normal play. In the current state though, my new blueprints will remain blueprints for some time and then be salvaged.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What if you change the gear and we have only to empower it 1 TIME? then is tier 3 forever.... we will use it!!!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    kvet said:

Yeah - we hated it then, we hate it now. It's important to remember that a sound definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice but expecting different results...

+111
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    kvet said:

Yeah - we hated it then, we hate it now.

Nonetheless people work hard to obtain it. Cryptic mission accomplished. You are in game and have something to do.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Problem, imo, seem to be that the only reason to get the Gear is to do FBI, and the only reason to do FBI is to get the Gear ...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Problem, imo, seem to be that the only reason to get the Gear is to do FBI, and the only reason to do FBI is to get the Gear ...

In a nutshell, yes.
    I aim to misbehave
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    well early people made a fortune, selling kits, which will now removed. Other then that.. yes in a nutshell, a fun new dungeon, we have asked for a long time, was released, then gated with a HAMSTER gate.. forcing us to get armor we have to put on, then take off .

It is however a fun dungeon, total shame they did this.

I feel bad for all new players, if I was a new player, I would run , RUN from this game as fast as you can, not only can I no longer recommend it, I actively tell people to avoid it , due to this bait and switch and HAMSTER gating mechanics.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

well early people made a fortune, selling kits, which will now removed. Other then that.. yes in a nutshell, a fun new dungeon, we have asked for a long time, was released, then gated with a **** gate.. forcing us to get armor we have to put on, then take off .

It is however a fun dungeon, total shame they did this.

I feel bad for all new players, if I was a new player, I would run , RUN from this game as fast as you can, not only can I no longer recommend it, I actively tell people to avoid it , due to this bait and switch and **** gating mechanics.

Like on top of that making you unable to preview to see what you get in FBI (yessssss, they will spend $$ on legendary dragon keys) and then making all the rings in there character bound (WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!). Fun dungeon but rewards are NOPE.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    It didn't work for icewind dale, and it's not working for this campaign either. Go figure.

Decaying armour isn't worth the effort it takes to get it, restore it and then keep it empowered and the additional stats you gain for doing all that don't make it worth having to harvest relics for voninblod every single day.

And FBI... rewards could have been awesome, but character bound rings and a box that gives a small chance to get this lovely decaying armour make it not worth the time and effort it takes to complete the dungeon :/
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Hahahahahaha! You guys are actually farming that stuff? I'll run FangBreaker a couple of times or until I get good at it, but then let it fall off the face of the earth. I like booty--and loot, too.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

Hahahahahaha! You guys are actually farming that stuff? I'll run FangBreaker a couple of times or until I get good at it, but then let it fall off the face of the earth. I like booty--and loot, too.

Not everyone can get in Fangbreaker.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    Decaying armor wouldn't be such a bad idea if a player had a profession or companion that could re-smith that armor to bring it back to it's origional specifications or even better (like artifact items) IMO...

Just my thoughts
    DD~
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Decaying armor is a terrible idea. Everyone on the forums who paid attention to preview and announcements of mod 10 content said so. They went ahead anyway with the terrible idea that no one wanted. I agree with the idea that empowering it once should be enough. No decay ever. Done. Stop ignoring the player base by recycling the one part of mod3 that we all agreed was a terrible idea.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I held onto my Black Ice gear set I got on 4 or 5 toons. Had it on that many or more not because it was fun but it was about the only thing to do. Plus they made some changes here and there so it wasnt all that bad. Especially when you only logged in and did the daily grind and changed out characters that did not have it.

This time around, I am most likely not going to get it. I have a lot of other things in game to mess around with and I am struggling just to grind out the campaign before I go on another 4 or 5 month break.
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User

Decaying armor is a terrible idea. Everyone on the forums who paid attention to preview and announcements of mod 10 content said so. They went ahead anyway with the terrible idea that no one wanted. I agree with the idea that empowering it once should be enough. No decay ever. Done. Stop ignoring the player base by recycling the one part of mod3 that we all agreed was a terrible idea.

Just goes to show you that they do not care nor pay attention to the forums that much there is so many threads on various subjects like this one as well as ideas for the game and they do not even acknowledge them. Due to people talking about the new armor its the main reason that I am in no hurry to even get to the point on any of my characters that I can run FBI. I am just going to hang back and grind the other campaigns to get them completed and wait till Cryptic wakes up and stops HAMSTER up the game...hmm why do I have a feeling that will be the same time the Nine Hells freeze over?
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Unless something drastically changed will I was taking my last break the forum posts are read/browsed over by community moderators that edit/remove - wait I mean manage them. Than those are collected into a bunch and the info is put into a colletive summation to hand over to the community manager. Than that info from the moderators is collected and put into a summation by the community manager to be passed on to the devs.

At least thats how I understand it to work here and is about the same for most online games. So the chances of you exact wording and post reaching the powers that be are very slime. And if its a great topic that does make it most times its not even in the same context.

On top of that it is believed that forum people are only a 5% representation of the whole community so post away. At least it makes us feel like we made a difference.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    it really doesnt matter the %, we are a cross hatch of players who actually play (as in log in every day), we are representative enough to show that a majority of forum posts will represent a majority of the in game players who do not post. If the margin of error is a small % , who cares, if 90% says, DARN heck fix this.. then its close enough in game % as well.

Those who dont log in , or are far more casual, that they wouldnt ever read, visit, test or anything else, really dont have much of a say in terms of this issue, in fact they have like zero% input on issues that they wouldnt ever have any need to voice a opinion on, they will never get to the point of running this content anyways.

Do you really see a difference of philosophy between what we are saying and anything really in game in the communities you are in, to see that much of a difference? Its not.

The hog wash about how we are just ALL in the minority opinion has to be put to bed , shoved out the door, laid to rest ect..

I will believe you if the margin of error is say =/- 10% .. but if over 90% agree here, that means, its close enough to a slam dunk , that they need to listen and not be stubborn pricks like they have been.