test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aimed Strike

bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Anyone else notice this?

Aimed strike is doing way less damage than stated in the tool tip. Tip states 14k-17k damage and its doing around 3k unmitigate damage. My split strike with only 1 rank is doing more damage than 4 ranks of aimed strike.

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Perhaps the tooltip states the overall damage from the ticks? 3k damage every second for 6 seconds is 18k damage so it sounds about right. Otherwise I got nothing.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'm noticing zeros, because the bloody thing loves to picky with the aim.....
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    the tooltip of aimed is for the entire DoT, all the tics, not only one, @lirithiel is right about this.
  • Options
    Thorn Ward tooltip is the opposite of this. I think it states some like 3k but that is per tick so it's damage for the duration is pretty daayum good.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Thorn Ward tooltip is the opposite of this. I think it states some like 3k but that is per tick so it's damage for the duration is pretty daayum good.

thorn ward is not a DoT. Thus, i am not sure all DoTs damage is shown it the tolltips in same maner as aimed strike, but the logic here is in the fact that ward is not a dot, while aimed is a dot
  • Options
    Yes but the point I'm trying to make it that the tooltips are very misleading. If someone new looks at the damage of Thorn Ward on the tooltip they would be put off as it doesn't seem to suggest it hits for much damage, when in fact it is one of our highest-damaging encounters over it's duration.
    Our pain is self chosen.