test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Win10 issue

drb48#5483 drb48 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Upgraded today to anniversary release of Win 10 - Version 1607 - and updated my video driver to latest AMD release -16.9.1- for my R9-based card. Now, on launch Neverwinter complains that I fail the "system spec check" and wants to nerf my video settings. System hardware hasn't changed and software is latest. Been playing for 6 months with no prior problem.

Comments

• Options
    BTW, once I pass the character select screen the game runs normally. But there's a warning in the bottom left corner of the character select screen about my video driver as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hey Cryptic folks - this is YOUR software that thinks there's a problem where one doesn't exist. Could I have the decency of at least getting a response?
  • Options
    icarlcicarlc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I used to have that problem until I changed my power options to High and set my visual settings to a little lower settings. it still can be slow and DC some, but nothing near what it was and the alert is gone.
  • Options
    icarlc - Issue is that I didn't have the problem BEFORE - with SAME settings. And no problems once I pass the character select screen. This is a Cryptic s/w problem IMO (and I'm a retired windows systems/application developer), NOT an actual problem with the settings. My system exceeds the spec for max settings. If I had to guess, I'd say MS changed something in the API with the new version of Windows and the call they're using now isn't returning the correct info. But I'm not going to chase it - THEY need to.
  • Options
    Well problem appears to be related to AMD's new 16.9.1 driver. I rolled back the driver to the 16.8.3 release and the problem went away.
  • Options
    nwncaspernwncasper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    i have same issue. in char selection screen the game informs me about my ""old"" driver...
    i have problems with my AMD (R9 270x) since i switched to win10, but only with Neverwinter!! i tried so much things, but nothing seems to work for me.
    i switched to dx9 (now im testing dx11 - no changes, same crashes as before).
    i run game in windowed fullscreen mode, switched off post-progressing, with compability-mode win 7.
    today the game crashed about every 15-20minutes... just annoying! the screen goes black for a sec, driver reboots..sometimes i can continue, sometimes the screen stays black and i have to kill the game via task manager.
    why does neverwinter not work with amd cards?