test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar, how I hate thee

I HATE HATE HATE that campaign. Grinding for those boons has me hearing cries of "Blood magic!" in my nightmares.

Whoever designed that campaign should be tasked with playing it all day every day until they truly appreciate the wrong they've done.

Comments

• neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The two hang ups i've always disliked are the 18 blades perk requirement, and then the fact that you still need a weeks worth of sparks from the battle quest and the weekly dungeon to get the last boon, even though you have everything else.

The 18 blades one is just discouraging because that's 6 full days. And then you get all excited about getting that last one and then you realize you need 18 more. So at the very least, its 12 days for the blades alone. Plus 3 days for the middle area to even unlock the blades area.

And then the sparks. 780. 26 days of battle for sharandar and the arcane reservoir. And the only faster way is 10 per genie gift which is a terrible return.

Dread ring takes 12 days in comparison. IWD takes 15 days to earn the rep. The genies gifts work better in iwd.

And then what annoys me is the currency you get from malabog. 25 for a bag that has a stone, and no other way to spend them. Why can't i toss these in to my guild coffer, again? Not worth the effort to get one bag of thaumaturgic stone.

And now with the level change, i jump up and am fighting at level 70, i land and am fighting at level 62. It's obnoxious.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    its the one place I don't mind doing dailies lol
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Seriously. If you want to max your enchants here is your one way ticket. They are fast quick dailies that a 2k anything can roll through. Seriously 500k RP in 10 days (2x rp) has you upset? Get used to them if you want to progress with out plasic.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I hate it too lol xD

As neverburn says, those 18 blades just annoy me! I have more than enough RP from characters doing leadership so I have to just grin and bear it... I've just finished it on my GWF and it was a real relief.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

Seriously. If you want to max your enchants here is your one way ticket. They are fast quick dailies that a 2k anything can roll through. Seriously 500k RP in 10 days (2x rp) has you upset? Get used to them if you want to progress with out plasic.

Even if RP is low priority, its worth it.
    9 x Lesser Thaums a day for 30 days is about 400 k on the AH.

I'm levelling my GF at he mo' and the daily trip to Sharandar is like a supply run before going off and doing the more serious stuff.

Just finished this morning's run and am fully stocked on potions, pulled enough platinum dinner ware to throw a banquet, and dropped TWO Elemental Aggregate.

Its like a discount supermarket run by Michael Bay...

And if the little HAMSTER Redcaps annoy you, think of their death screams as the sound of tortured Minions,
  • pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    If every Redcap dropped a flawless diamond, it still wouldn't be worth it.
  • azombiesworldazombiesworld Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Sharandar is my favorite place to do dailies at. They're fast and easy and I get enough lesser/thaumaturgic stones from them to make an easy 20-25K diamonds a day. I don't understand why someone would complain about that.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Personal preference - i.e. it numbs my brain xD
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD