test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Zen Cost

The Zen Price Is Going Up Sooo Fast Now Its 354 AD For 1 Zen Yesterday It Was 280 There Should Be A Price Cap At 200 AD Max This Is Getting Out Of Hand I Wanting To Get A 110% Mount For The Zen Market Pretty Hard When The Amount Of The Zen Cost
Brad

Comments

• doneagledoneagle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Price cap is 500. We might reach it after 2xseals and now almost a week of double ad.
  • brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    doneagle said:

Price cap is 500. We might reach it after 2xseals and now almost a week of double ad.

They Need To Lower The Price Cap Mate
    Brad
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    brad#9777 said:

The Zen Price Is Going Up Sooo Fast Now Its 354 AD For 1 Zen Yesterday It Was 280 There Should Be A Price Cap At 200 AD Max This Is Getting Out Of Hand I Wanting To Get A 110% Mount For The Zen Market Pretty Hard When The Amount Of The Zen Cost

The cap is 500 and the minimum is 50. When I started it was around 75 AD for 1 Zen, that was back in July time frame only first thing in the morning. Zen price is increasing as the double AD event will start soon, driving the price up even further.

PC and XBox are probably around 300-500 AD per a Zen.

You know the cap and be prepared for it to reach PS this week. So if you have extra AD convert them to Zen ASAP or you may pay more later than now.
  • deadmeat#0959 deadmeat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If it stays too high I'm dropping the game, I don't mind some grinding but when it's too high it's too much grinding to advance. I'm not even shy about buying some Zen here and there, or buying the DLC at some point, but I expect the 'free' Zen to not be such a grind.

What attracted me to the game was how low it was (150 when I started), but if I'm expected to cough up money to make progress at a decent rate I'd rather just sub monthly to a better MMO which doesn't try nickel and dime you over everything, including petty things like inventory and bank space.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    You know that Cryptic dosent set the price. It is entirely player driven. Just be happy you all arnt on the PC. They have been sitting at or near the 500 cap for well over a year. Heck it got so bad at one point they couldnt keep enough zen in the exchange for the system to work. It would take days to weeks before an order would fill.
  • deadmeat#0959 deadmeat Member Posts: 4 Arc User

You know that Cryptic dosent set the price. It is entirely player driven. Just be happy you all arnt on the PC. They have been sitting at or near the 500 cap for well over a year. Heck it got so bad at one point they couldnt keep enough zen in the exchange for the system to work. It would take days to weeks before an order would fill.

They know what they doing with these double AD events, two so close, I guess they really hated that 150-170 exchange it had settled at.

PC is plague with bots, not right to compare to PS4.
  • buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    If enough people refuse to transfer AD to Zen it would probably go down right?
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    It works the same as the stock market - if no one buys the price drops until people start buying.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016

If enough people refuse to transfer AD to Zen it would probably go down right?

Yes and no. Yes because people are going to eventually adjust their prices to what will actually sell. And no because there's always a desperate sucker that will pay any price.

The market will eventually settle itself out.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com

They know what they doing with these double AD events, two so close, I guess they really hated that 150-170 exchange it had settled at.

I think we stay around 350ish.

I think what will happen is this, as Zen exchange rises, players will buy zen to sell and this will result in the price staying around 350. It may climb higher at times but IMO 350-400 might be the norm now going forward.

Keep in mind too that exchange rates fluctuate at times when there aren't any double AD events upcoming or in progress. Such as: new module or new lockbox comes out.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Cryptic absolutely knows what they are doing with all these double ad events its called inflation. Not even a complicated economics subject its very basic.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.

Cryptic absolutely knows what they are doing with all these double ad events its called inflation. Not even a complicated economics subject its very basic.

Yeah it's extremely obvious that they're doing this on purpose. Any idiot should see that. Probably.
    The funny thing is as it inflates the AD price of items and Zen it does one thing, encourages players to buy zen and sell it for AD.

Nothing wrong with this, especially if you need AD to upgrade your companion or other things.

Players seeking Zen win and players seeking AD wins.
  • krgrrr#5634 krgrrr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Cryptic absolutely knows what they are doing with all these double ad events its called inflation. Not even a complicated economics subject its very basic.
    >
    > Yeah it's extremely obvious that they're doing this on purpose. Any idiot should see that. Probably.
    >
    >
    > The funny thing is as it inflates the AD price of items and Zen it does one thing, encourages players to buy zen and sell it for AD.
    >
    > Nothing wrong with this, especially if you need AD to upgrade your companion or other things.
    >
    > Players seeking Zen win and players seeking AD wins.

The only ones "winning" are the ones with Zen to sell. Everybody else loses.

For example - you need to buy something with a fixed Zen value (either BoP mount or even binding free (like a bag or a companion)) => it will take you much longer to get this now. Compared to two weeks ago, you'd need to gather AD for twice as long to be able to afford it. And bag space is a HUGE issue in this game. Can't see the win in this anywhere.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The price will slide down slowly after the event(s). The one thing you really need in this game is patience.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

> Cryptic absolutely knows what they are doing with all these double ad events its called inflation. Not even a complicated economics subject its very basic.

>

> Yeah it's extremely obvious that they're doing this on purpose. Any idiot should see that. Probably.

>

>

> The funny thing is as it inflates the AD price of items and Zen it does one thing, encourages players to buy zen and sell it for AD.

>

> Nothing wrong with this, especially if you need AD to upgrade your companion or other things.

>

For example - you need to buy something with a fixed Zen value (either BoP mount or even binding free (like a bag or a companion)) => it will take you much longer to get this now. Compared to two weeks ago, you'd need to gather AD for twice as long to be able to afford it. And bag space is a HUGE issue in this game. Can't see the win in this anywhere.

You do realize that PW has a say in it and they place zen into the Zen Exchange and for them 120 was not working. It probably has to be around 300+ to keep them happy.

>

>

>

>

>

You do realize that PW has a say in it and they place zen into the Zen Exchange and for them 120 was not working. It probably has to be around 300+ to keep them happy.
    Actually, PWE nor Cryptic artificially inject ZEN into the exchange. That's a commonly held fallacy.

It all boils down to what people are willing to pay and what they have available to pay. Think about it. If you bought 500 ZEN with your hard earned money, and thought you could get 300 AD per ZEN for it instead of just 150, wouldn't you think it worth that 300 and sell it for that much? If people have more AD, then ZEN sellers can (and will) reasonably infer that they can afford the price they're wanting for it.

Also, a lot of the things that cost AD and are needed by the players don't cost ZEN at all. (think Wondrous Bazaar items, such as all grades of Marks of Potency and Cubes of Augmentation). If AD is scarce, it follows that those items are harder to obtain.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

The only thing that really drives down prices imo is the illegal ad sellers. Notice day one of the event Zen was sky high but as the sellers are farming diamonds the price has been slowly dropping.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    lewstalmon01 said: "Actually, PWE nor Cryptic artificially inject ZEN into the exchange. That's a commonly held fallacy."

Fallacy smailacy.

Sorry, but people are not naive to the undercurrent and proliferation of this company making money off players. That's how most free to play games work, they nickel and dime you on basic foundations - like bag and stash space, for instance in this game. Also, coalescent wards, diamonds, and various other upgrades. They make it such a collosal chore to grind for improvements that people will cave and then open their wallets and purses.

They've done many shady things in the past, as in the removal and addition of various in-game items (with no prior notice) to make more money. If you honestly believe that they don't manipulate the marketplace in some way, shape, or form -- then I'll obviously just agree to disagree.

I do like the screen name, as I'm a long time Robert Jordan fan of the Wheel of Time series (may he RIP).
  • What's going to happen is people are going to quit the game. When you need to grind for 2 weeks to get enough stuff to actually upgrade your gear, people will go to better games. I love D&D but I will not hesitate to go to another MMO.
  • nightbare#9304 nightbare Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    ad price has been settled at 500ad on PC for a couple years and people still play there.... its plain and simple, they want you to spend real money for somethings in this game, or have to grind your HAMSTER off.... AD price will be at 500 in less then 2 weeks, so if your buying u better buy now
    edited September 2016

I believe there is another coming up in October.
  • Oh ya, I'm sure it's

ad price has been settled at 500ad on PC for a couple years and people still play there.... its plain and simple, they want you to spend real money for somethings in this game, or have to grind your **** off.... AD price will be at 500 in less then 2 weeks, so if your buying u better buy now

Barely. I have seen the numbers and I GUARANTEE they would be a lot better if people didn't drive up the prices like this.
    edited September 2016
    From what i heard very few people actually play neverwinter on pc. But there's about a million f2p mmorpg on pc so i think that's a bigger factor. I started it on pc a long time back but ended up going to rift
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Even XBox isn't 500, so I have no idea why people are sprouting that number. Heck, it's down nearly 50 AD since this thread was made, that was just a blip because why would people sell Zen right at the start of double AD?

Inflation works both ways. I confidently told friends a couple weeks ago that the price of the horn of lostmouth would start to plummet after the dungeon was fixed and people could farm the heck out of it, however it's gone up about 50% since then, because people have the AD to buy it. Crafted gear is holding value instead of dropping as you'd expect, Hero's are up about 80% over where they were a few weeks back. I'm sure FTP players aren't complaining about making good AD on the AH during all this flood of AD on the market.

Don't get me wrong, I agree the FTP player is worse off now than shortly after the game launched, but it was probably naive to expect prices to stay that way as the game matured.