test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Never - normal chest can't be claimed

After beating Orcus at the end of Castle Never, the chest for the 'normal' reward, which usually can be opened with an epic dungeon key, can't be opened.
I'm VIP and have over 70 of those golden keys in my bags and when I wanted to get the chest, it was red and said that I need an epic dungeon key to open it...

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    It's bugged so that if someone else in your party has it opened (but hasn't accepted/declined it) you can't open it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    But I couldn't even take it, after all my guild mates left the castle and I was the only one in that instance. It was still red.
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    So.e of my guildies had the same issue, if you go to the side of the lockbox and click on it there its been opening for them. (When no one else is clicking on it)
  • kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Happened once so far to me, come on between the que and this!
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Ive said this to quite a decent amount of people who talk about this, to open that chest with no problem at all go to the right of the left chest near the portal and on that side you'll be able to open it every time.
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I mean, it's nice to know that there seems to be a work-around, if you experiment with angels - but that can't be the solution, right?
    They need to fix their HAMSTER, srzly...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yah look up and down configure your camera angle all around and you'll be able to get it. and yeah it should be fixed
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Same issue with the chest in the Dwarf Throne skirmish.Irksome, but workable.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Never had any issues with NOT BE ABLE to open any of them even with required key in my inventory. Only bad thing though. They fixed the chest access by multiple players for Demo/EDemo but did not fix this for CN and that seems to be the problem here. As soon as more than one player access or stand right next to the any of the two chests at the very end of CN an error appears, so this should definitely get fixed eventually.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • boonga69boonga69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just finished a CN run and after killing orcus couldn't open either of the chests, I know about trying different angles and waiting for other players to finish looking at theirs but still couldn't open, even after everyone had left I still couldn't. Is there anyway to be compensated for this? How do I know there wasn't any gold rings or orcus wand shard in one of them?
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    SOL dude, sorry.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • im2shortim2short Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just did a CN run and when my group and I beat Orcus, we went to the chest and my Epic Dungeon Key would not work on the chest. I took a video of it and posted it on my XB1 account. I have the keys, just didn't want to work though. are we able to fix this bug? Drunken M Irish