What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you like Portobello's Campaign?

mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Do you like Portobello's Campaign? 50 votes

Yes and why
48%
sockmunkeyf9thretxcspritemysticczerefd0chollandaisethefiresidecatonewingedmenace#5432basienka#4850ravenskyagjgblackdragon#7802spellcrafter#1377razgriz#3709drbubbles#2158darkcult#2246terrordactyl#4367drackonautmrrkmiller#5591txsnowman#9359aurelia#4512slyslepkava#8596 24 votes
No and why
52%
lourdiesfelix313gjrgamerdarkandsinfulajemiakyna2indylolmrcleanbehindyou#3639asmodeoussrafael#9517reapertime1066#5604buddyva#2754warppigeon#7444demonicdraco#5598derpfish6024#5183maedhross#9702adaption#6910pierre#0626sylverbacks#5061baronvonheller#7081 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes and why
    I really enjoyed it! I farmed it like over 50 times and it never got old. I like how the players are sitting outside the table and are doing voices for everything. My favorite is when the women turns into a succubus and he imitates a women's voice. I liked the forest too. It reminded me of a pop up book. The story changing every so often was a nice addition. The one thing I dislike is that some people are glitching the Trap dungeon and jumping over/through the doors. I cannot wait till next week and hope I can get the mount!!
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Yes and why
    The mount wil be a 0.01% drop rate no doubt
  • Options
    Yes and why

The mount wil be a 0.01% drop rate no doubt

What I heard (rumor)

I read that on PC, less then 5 a day were posted. I know some kept them. Sure majority probably sold for AD.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Yes and why
    What mount? I thought this one only had companions
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Yes and why
    This guy, supposed to be RNG week 2 from some sources

https://nwobattleground.wordpress.com/tag/legendary-mount/
  • Options
    Yes and why
    It's damn cute, hope there's more events that feel this huge down the line. :)
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Yes and why
    I got the slime companion and listed it for sale this morning. Will try for the mount.

I like the event because it is different and I love the feeling of the classic D&D board. It's fun and different. I do see myself getting bored with it and no longer wanting to do it by the time it's over. Until then I'll keep playing and enjoying it.
  • Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    No and why
    Too grindy on top of my already huge grind. Next Year when i'm done with my characters I'll probably enjoy it more.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    Yes and why
    I like it, nice change of pace and tone after grinding campaigns all week
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Yes and why
    I like it, Not so much for the Rewards, which are nice of course, but as for the nostalgia. Reminds me of those old Traps books from my AD&D days.

Like this one, good ole Grimtooth.

https://www.amazon.com/Grimtooths-Traps-Too-Game-Masters-Role-Playing/dp/B000RBEWMY​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    ajemiaajemia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    No and why

Too grindy on top of my already huge grind.

This.
  • Options
    aurelia#4512 aurelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes and why
    I liked it because it brought back the strange fun feeling of various D&D groups that I played in over the years. I find it fun just to hang out in that zone even if the music makes me go a little nuts. On the other hand I think the crystal dice and accreditation grinds are a pain but then so are all the other campaigns. I wish they had a slightly lower need on the 20 days of crystal dice when you only have 30 days to complete them.

–Narria [LGPG]
  • Options
    Yes and why
    Wow it is tied right now. Too grindy rofl. The whole game is a grind and when the next Mod comes out it is a grind. Question was relating to the content ;) Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    scruffyforumscruffyforum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    There was no "Meh" option, so didn't vote. But yeah, its "Meh" for me, at best. Its a cool concept to be playing as miniatures of a campaign, but the unskippable cutscenes just drag the dungeons on for far too long.

Its just another diversion for me to kill time.
  • Options
    regiampiero#5054 regiampiero Member Posts: 3 New User
    No and why
    Because I didn't even get to finish it due to the game's dumb rank lock-out rule. You leave the quest line to visit your stronghold for 20 minutes and half the early game gets locked-out away from you (including the AUCTION HOUSE) like a beautiful girl from a teenage boy. Dumbest game mechanic I've ever seen, and potentially a game ending one in my situation.
  • Options
    Yes and why
    I like it but I'm not that crazy about it. Just something to do between instances to clear your mind and break the usual grind.

GJGBlackDragon - Drow Ranger from The Northdark

• Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User

Too grindy on top of my already huge grind. Next Year when i'm done with my characters I'll probably enjoy it more.

Yeah, this. I enjoyed it for a short while, but definitely not entertaining enough to grind for me. Even the lure of the mount only got me to run the latest one a few times. I just found it boring as heck after the first time. Maybe when I have less useful things to spend my time on ingame it'd hold more appeal.
  • Options
    d0chollandaised0chollandaise Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes and why
    It's fresh and different, isn't that what we wanted/asked for?

It reminds me of my tabletop gaming of yesteryear. I jumped when I first saw a Giant mountain move; turned out to be a Bruener's" arm.
  • Options
    Yes and why
    It might have been better if only 40, not 400 were required. The novelty wears off a bit once it becomes grindy and distracts from the main game.
  • Options
    warppigeon#7444 warppigeon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    No and why
    TL;DR :
    1. Too grindy
    2. accreditation limit?? - makes me mad.
    3. No 70+ hard mode to keep it interesting.
    4. can't skip cut-scenes after first viewing
    1) the event itself is not entertaining, challenging, varied or fun enough, to have the grind requirements it has. after a few runs on each dungeon you've seen it all, some replay-ability but not much because there is no challenge. when you earn 4 accreditation a time 400 accreditation is a lot for casual players with limited play time, this could be reduced dramatically.

2) limiting it to 100 accreditation a week is silly. If im busy one week id like to catch up the following week if i can. There are also more options to run in week 4, than in week 1. Why limit players to earning 100 a week? the first week i might only want to run it a few times because there is only 2 dungeons unlocked. but by the 4th week with them all unlocked i might quite enjoy bouncing between them, or farming for the beholder tank. maybe the limit should be a cap instead? first week cant progress past campaign 100, 2nd week 200, 3rd week 300 and so on. It has really ruined the event for me that i cant finish the campaign. And it renders the point in even continuing to progress obsolete.

3 & 4) It is not challenging or hard to complete, which is fine for farming but so boring to play. Hard mode option with better drops/higher chance of drop and more accreditation would be nice. farming it if people wish to could and should be sped up dramatically by allowing cut-scenes to be skipped after the 5th repeat the dialogue just grates on you.
  • Options
    kyna2kyna2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    No and why
    Ok for a few runs but the cut scenes and the grind just gets hells boring. It even gets quite blood boiling when you get that 1 noob that wants to explore every nook and cranny.
    Awesome look, fantastic narration but needs more content.
  • Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    No and why
    Went in once and whilst it has a certain charm in all honesty it felt a little forced. Add to that the grind potential...

On PS4 and levelling up my 4th character now it just feels like it takes away from the levelling and other endgame activities.

Given the choice I'd rather jump into one of the normal skirmishes/dungeons and push for those rewards or carry on levelling my DC.

After opening about a bajillion lockboxes without a legendary griffon popping out, I hate to imagine how overboard I could potentially go with this to try and grind for the Beholder tank. Maybe I'll feel differently when this event swings around next time?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lourdieslourdies Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    No and why
    No and why

To much of a grind and on top of that, glitchy as hell. Maybe next time they do it, the bugs will be worked out and I'll like it more but until then.... Nope
    0kqy.jpg
  • Options
    garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yes and why
    null
    I liked the fact that there is an old school D&D aspect to it. Also is nice to change it up a bit while staying the same. . Know what I mean. Good work guys/gals!